Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 00:20 

[quote]

So when you press SCAPE And then go to menus like the graphics menu, the menus are properly scaled? when i press ESCAPE, the menu is scaled but as soon as i enter any other menu, Graphics for example, the menu is huge and most elements are out-of-screen and non clickable. For example, I cant even use the space travel menu as the LAND button is outside of my screens.

Internet at home is spotty and I cant use DRM like Origin's, I own the game but when my connection is down, the game wont even load my save files because as soon as you use their DLC, it locks the save game to first check for DLC therefore Im also using the RELOADED exe with bezel correction, I wonder why it doesnt work on my computer. :( Game looks awesome in triple screen, but its unplayable without being able to click menus :(

Goofy. All my menus are scaled properly incl. system menus in&out-of-game/game menu/character powers menu/galaxy map/workbench/storefronts...I haven't found anything not scaling properly yet heck even my characters head is scaled right in the character menu, and I got about 1/3-1/2 through the single-player main quest-line so far...only thing wonked is sound after the EA logo video sometimes, and I have to restart the game. I'll see about posting some screencaps later tonight.

I don't get how it happens that Origin/retail is broken in Eyefinity/Surround but a full "Reloaded" version with unlocked DLC works in Eyefinity fine. It makes no sense to me.

<----------------For reference, my system specs

This is so frustrating, i wonder whats the difference between our setups, i just tried 5040 * 1050 with bezel correction and the same issues for me, vendor menus and any other menu draws outside of the screens, did you change anything in your config files? anything at all? so desperate :(

How are you setting the resolution? via config files or using the Mass Effect 3 Config Utility?? For me I dont see the triple screen resolutions listed in game, do they show up for you?

Post subject: CY:G
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 00:52 

This is so frustrating, i wonder whats the difference between our setups, i just tried 5040 * 1050 with bezel correction and the same issues for me, vendor menus and any other menu draws outside of the screens, did you change anything in your config files? anything at all? so desperate :(

How are you setting the resolution? via config files or using the Mass Effect 3 Config Utility?? For me I dont see the triple screen resolutions listed in game, do they show up for you?

Linky to camera shots of my screen (to show bezels) of pretty much all the menus o'er on Photoshop.com:

http://www.photoshop.com/users/Skripka_at_H/albums/002bb411a09946f3aa773b9cbeaf936c

I'll be locking that album from public view tomorrow. Only Coalesced edits are some ammo tweaks to do heat-based ammo, nothing effecting FOV/resolution or anything else. Resolution was set in game, bezel-corrected and non-bezel-corrected were listed at default. All game files were courtesy of Reloaded version.

Post subject: CY:G wrote:This is so
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 01:29 

Is the resolution in game set to the same as your desktop resolution?

Last night I messed around with it some more, enabled bezel compensation and set the in game res to 6024x1080, which worked fine. However, when I changed my desktop resolution back to 5760x1080 and forgot to change the in game res from 6024x1080, it broke really badly and did what your describing.

Try setting your desktop res to 5760x1200, then set the in game resolution to 5760x1200.

EDIT: Actually, relevant question; are you using an Nvidia or AMD card?

Skripka: Ok, so the cracked version and the retail version work exactly the same on Eyefinity. My game looks the same as those pics and I'm running 5760x1080 with the retail Origin client. The whole game pretty much runs perfect straight out of the box on Eyefinity. The only thing that isn't perfect from a multi-monitor perspective is the in game HUD (ammo count, powers quickbar, etc.) is not centred on the middle monitor. The only other thing that isn't perfect from a PC gaming perspective is the lack of a native FOV adjustment.
It sounds like there are significantly more issues running the game with NV Surround.

I don't know the finer details of how the game is graded for the detailed report, but I do agree it should probably be higher than a C for Eyefinity systems at least. Even a side note in the comments about better support in Eyefinity would probably be worthwhile.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 02:05 

I could kiss you guys right now!!!, had I not talked to you i would have given up right away, turns out that i had to disable my second screen (4th screen), I have an eyefinity group with 3 screens and i also have a 4th screen, which windows thinks is the second, i disabled it via CCC and then made sure game res matches desktop res an voila!!! it works now, A THOUSAND THANKS, now to save the galaxy.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 03:43 

support the devs though, buy the game, especially if you get it working to your liking :)

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 19:32 

Extraordinary, Helifax. It works beautifully! Donated!

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 16:17 

Thank so much for this. I just noticed two things :

- The FOV fix works well in MP
- The sniper rifle (m-92, the one i have tested) reset the fov to default

Is it intended?

Actually it randomly worked in MP once. Since it's not altering the bin file directly I don't think it'll be bannable in MP.

Edit: The fov fix seems to randomly works in MP sometimes (but always in the first match). The sniper rifle doesn't reset the fov anymore.

Post subject: test
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 15:58 
Administrators
Administrators

test

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 19:16 

Hey folks,

I am having trouble applying these fixes to either Mass Effect 3 or to Skyrim, and figure there must be something I'm doing wrong. I am using the SoftTH approach because I am using PLP monitors: 20" at 1200x1600, 30" at 2560x1600, and 20" at 1200x1600. I am able to get the game to span across all three monitors, but in both cases the in-game menus and vertical sizing continues to be incorrect, with the menus too zoomed in, spanning off of both bottom and top edges of the screen.

Here's what I have done:

1) In the respective game folder (Steamapps>Common>Skyrim, and Origin Games>Mass Effect 3>Binaries>Win32), I have pasted the config.SoftTHconfig and d3d9.dll files. I used the SoftTh 2.x configuration tool to determine a total resolution of 5238x1600 to compensate for bezels. Here then is my config.SoftTHconfig file:

[spoiler][main]
renderResolution=5238x1600
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=0
smoothing=0
debugD3D=0
zClear=0
vsync=1
tripleBuffer=1
screenshotFormat=jpg
dllPathD3D9=auto
dllPathDXGI=auto
dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]
forceResolution=0
antialiasing=0
processAffinity=0
FOVForceHorizontal=0
FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]
compatibleIB=0
compatibleTex=0
compatibleVB=0

[head_primary]
; borderA=0
; borderL=139
sourceRect=1339,0,2560,1600
screenMode=2560x1600

[head_1]
; borderA=0
; borderL=0
devID=1
sourceRect=0,0,1200,1600
destRect=0,0,1200,1600
transportResolution=1200x1600
transportMethod=local
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0

[head_2]
; borderA=0
; borderL=139
devID=2
sourceRect=4038,0,1200,1600
destRect=0,0,1200,1600
transportResolution=1200x1600
transportMethod=local
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0[/spoiler]

2) In the respective My Games config file for each game, I have typed in my desired resolution (in Skyrim: SkyrimPrefs.ini: isizeH=1600 and isizeW=5238 and in Bioware>Mass Effect 3>BIOGame>Config>GamerSettings.ini: ResX=5238 ResY=1600). Note that I have also tried changing the horizontal from 5238 to 4960.

3) I downloaded and installed the latest Widescreen Fixer, as well as the latest Mass Effect 3 plugin. I have tried using "Automatically Detect Resolution" checked. When I do this, the detected resolution is 4960x1600. When unchecking it, I changed the Bezel-Corrected resolution to 5238 1600. I am unsure what to change Uncorrected Resolution to. It currently reads 14880 1600. I am not sure if this might be part of the problem. I have left FOV at 90.

4) I load Mass Effect 3 (or Skyrim) and press "Q" (my selected Hotkey to enable Widescreen Fixer) at the intro screen. In the Widescreen Fixer menu there is a "Yes" next to both Game Running: and Fix Enabled: (I determined this by removing both the config.SoftTHconfig and d3d9.dll files from either game directory so that the games ran on only my center monitor.

Sorry for what might be a lengthy post here, but I wanted to outline the steps I'm following here, in case I'm doing anything wrong. I am running AMD 6970 MSI cards, but have disable Eyefinity b/c it doesn't support PLP mixed resolutions.

So, to recap: None of the Widescreen Fixer features are working for me in either Mass Effect 3 or in Skyrim. Running either game with Widescreen Fixer on or off results in the same thing: unusable in-game menus.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 19:30 
Insiders
Insiders

peppergomez

I have 3 things for you to try/check, though I am not very well versed with softTH.

1) Before loading widescreen fixer (make sure its not loaded), check you are already in your bezel corrected resolution. Then load it and check if it auto detects the bezel corrected res.

2) Reset the hotkey from Q back to * (also called multiply in widescreen fixer). Make sure its the one on the keypad, not the numbers on the top row.

3) When loading mass effect, make sure to ONLY press the key once the bioware logo has faded into the EA logo. I know that sounds silly, but just try it.

More importantly than all of this - I think the new 12.2 catalyst driver will now support your PLP configuration in eyefinity! I don't want to get you overexcited about this, so check first, but I think you should try it. Bezel correction with non standard/equal monitors of many different configs is now definitely possible.

Hope this helps!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next