Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 20:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 20:38 

great as always jack !

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 07:58 

Guys, I love this game. Team Ninja is my squad. Master Ninja mode completed on Ninja Gaiden Black and NGII in my xbox days. So happy to have this game on PC in triple wide.

I've beat the first go round, now on to the DLC missions.

I'd like to help make the community fix even better. I would like to hire someone to make the stretched FMVs play in their native 16:9 on the center monitor. The movies in question all seem to be located together in the "movie" folder.

Any takers? Jackfuste?

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 18:29 
Insiders
Insiders

esteady1 wrote:
Guys, I love this game. Team Ninja is my squad. Master Ninja mode completed on Ninja Gaiden Black and NGII in my xbox days. So happy to have this game on PC in triple wide.

I've beat the first go round, now on to the DLC missions.

I'd like to help make the community fix even better. I would like to hire someone to make the stretched FMVs play in their native 16:9 on the center monitor. The movies in question all seem to be located together in the "movie" folder.

Any takers? Jackfuste?

Try it:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 02#p171402

Last edited by jackfuste on 03 Jan 2018, 14:58, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 06:19 

Yes Jackfuste, this does it! Thank you for your responsiveness as always. I will donate generously for this effort.

If I may, as I did with Vanquish, since I love this game, I will nitpick in and effort to bring this title to its fullest triple-wide potential for the PC master race. I will donate again for your efforts.

In order of decreasing importance:

While the new fix correctly displays the FMVs in native 16:9 centered on the central monitor as hoped, it results in the subtitles on these FMVs being compressed on the center screen.
This can readily be viewed by starting a new game and watching the first cutscene. It can also be viewed if you have passed the prologue by entering the central map screen, choose Amrita Memories, Tales of Nioh, and selecting any prerendered FMV.
(BTW, the cutscenes running in the games engine display in perfect triple wide horizontal + with subtitles correct. Awesome!)

Next, the new fix alters two sets of movies which are accessible through menu screens in the Learn Skill and Skill customization tabs.
In these tabs, when selecting to preview the skill in question, a short movie plays, displaying the new move in a small window,
The present fix compresses these movies, squeezing them onto the middle third of the center monitor.

Another set of menu related animations has a different problem. These are real-time engine related graphics viewable in the Amrita Memories tab, which can be selected from the central map screen after beating the prologue.
The Character Directory, Guardian Spirit Illustrations and Yokai Illustrations all display the character models in question strecthed across three screens, as opposed to aspect ratio correct viewed on the center monitor only.

Lastly, another modder on this thread (page 13, LennardF1989) created a fix that allows one to 1) input a custom resolution (I play this at 4900x900, random I know, bezel corrected + unoptimized game + no SLI), and 2) is supposedly durable to new game patches. Any chance to incorporate these enhancements?

If no further fixes are applied, I will still be very grateful for your work. Thank you. Please let me know how you would prefer the donation(s). I can do the steam cards as in the past, but I'm happy to do Paypal as well, your choice.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 14:03 

Created an account so that I could say thanks.

Jackfuste, u legend. I was having all kinds of freezing and black screen issues. Ur patch not only gave me nioh in glorious ultrawide but also fixed all the freezing/black screen issues. Thank you sir.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 18:36 

Jack, I see you are at work again for our benefit. I'm anxious to see what you have created, but gotta wait till I get home later today.

Meanwhile, you are too humble. Please post a donation link. I can pull up an older one from the Vanquish thread, but I'm not sure if you would prefer another method for your efforts.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 19:07 
Insiders
Insiders

esteady1 wrote:
Yes Jackfuste, this does it! Thank you for your responsiveness as always. I will donate generously for this effort.

If I may, as I did with Vanquish, since I love this game, I will nitpick in and effort to bring this title to its fullest triple-wide potential for the PC master race. I will donate again for your efforts.

In order of decreasing importance:

While the new fix correctly displays the FMVs in native 16:9 centered on the central monitor as hoped, it results in the subtitles on these FMVs being compressed on the center screen.
This can readily be viewed by starting a new game and watching the first cutscene. It can also be viewed if you have passed the prologue by entering the central map screen, choose Amrita Memories, Tales of Nioh, and selecting any prerendered FMV.
(BTW, the cutscenes running in the games engine display in perfect triple wide horizontal + with subtitles correct. Awesome!)

Next, the new fix alters two sets of movies which are accessible through menu screens in the Learn Skill and Skill customization tabs.
In these tabs, when selecting to preview the skill in question, a short movie plays, displaying the new move in a small window,
The present fix compresses these movies, squeezing them onto the middle third of the center monitor.

Another set of menu related animations has a different problem. These are real-time engine related graphics viewable in the Amrita Memories tab, which can be selected from the central map screen after beating the prologue.
The Character Directory, Guardian Spirit Illustrations and Yokai Illustrations all display the character models in question strecthed across three screens, as opposed to aspect ratio correct viewed on the center monitor only.

Movies in menu, and character models should be ok now. As for subtitles, I don't know how to fix it.
Anyway, there is another way to make videos centered. Black bars can be added to video to be match aspect ratio, but this requires video convertation.

esteady1 wrote:
Lastly, another modder on this thread (page 13, LennardF1989) created a fix that allows one to 1) input a custom resolution (I play this at 4900x900, random I know, bezel corrected + unoptimized game + no SLI), and 2) is supposedly durable to new game patches. Any chance to incorporate these enhancements?

Apply LennardF1989 patch, then apply this one:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 02#p171402

Last edited by jackfuste on 03 Jan 2018, 14:58, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 00:11 

Yes! Indeed, works as advertised. Nearly perfect triple wide presentation. I see what you mean about the subtitles being a hard fix. I can't tell where those files are stored, but clearly not readily accessible. Must be due to the fact that the subtitles can be turned off. Problem is, half the dialogue is in japanese!

BTW, I'm using the combination of your FMV fix together with Lennard's efforts, working as intended. Awesome.

I'm very happy.

Except one last thing: The donation link you sent takes me to a paypal page, but there is no Steam link on the page. Am I missing something obvious, or can you send a new link?

Thanks Jackfuste

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 10:27 
Insiders
Insiders

esteady1 wrote:
Except one last thing: The donation link you sent takes me to a paypal page, but there is no Steam link on the page. Am I missing something obvious, or can you send a new link?

Right, it seems doesn't work via paypal anymore. You can gift card via steam now.
Add me to friends - http://steamcommunity.com/id/jackfuste
then send a card - https://store.steampowered.com/digitalgiftcards/selectgiftcard

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 18:41 

Hey guys, I'm running 3 ultra wides at 7680x1080. I can apply the fix from LennardF1989 and the FMV fix, and they both run without errors. But when I'm in game the internal resolution seems to be fucked up. If I just run on one monitor at 2560x1080 everything seems to work fine.

Here's the output of the resolution fix:
Code:
Welcome to the Nioh Resolution patcher!

Please enter your desired resolution.

-> Width [default = 1920]: 7680
-> Height [default = 1080]: 1080

Please enter a scale for your desired render resolution.

Keep in mind that this scale:
- Has no effect on the entered resolution.
- Has no effect on the in-game UI.
- Can less than 1.0 to increase performance.

-> Scale [default = 1.0]: 1.0

Backing up nioh.exe...

Unpacking nioh.exe...
File is packed with SteamStub Variant 3.1 (x64)!
Step 1 - Read, decode and validate the SteamStub DRM header.
Step 2 - Read, decode and process the payload data.
 --> File has payload data!
Step 3 - Read, decode and dump the SteamDRMP.dll file.
 --> File has SteamDRMP.dll file!
Step 4 - Handle .bind section. Find code section.
 --> .bind section was kept in the file.
Step 5 - Read, decrypt and process code section.
 --> .text linked as main code section.
 --> .text section is encrypted.
Step 6 - Rebuild and save the unpacked file.
 --> Unpacked file saved to disk!
 --> File Saved As: nioh.exe.unpacked.exe

Applying resolution of 7680x1080...
-> Patching offset 3911383
-> Patching offset 25708088
-> Patching offset 12858748
-> Patching offset 5855953
-> Patching offset 5855983
-> Patching offset 26398632
-> Patching offset 26398744

Cleaning up...

Done! Don't forget to set the resolution of the game to 1920x1080!

21:9 Screenshot
Attachment:
20171228134149_1.jpg
20171228134149_1.jpg [ 494.14 KiB | Viewed 3871 times ]

63:9 Screenshot
Attachment:
20171229091746_1.jpg
20171229091746_1.jpg [ 953.38 KiB | Viewed 3930 times ]

Any idea what's causing this resolution issue on the triple monitors?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next