Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 19:30 

Just for clarity, does the fix as it stands, cause any danger of a ban in multiplayer?

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 20:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi all,

New version of the plugin to be released today:

Fixed various problems with the FOV slider - writing incorrect fov
Fov now works everytime - rather than randomly
Added Support for FOV in MULTIPLAYER - indeed it now works in MP all the time
Workaround for Character Scales in menus - is a workaround which means a toggle key has been added so you can customize your character the way you want than toggle back for normal play.
Decreased the maximum fov from 120 to 110 - This value should be enough.
Fov is supported only by Eyefinity/Surround - no single monitor users will benefit from an increased FOV. This can be changed based on how many people request it.

Keep you posted.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 20:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi all,

New version of the plugin released today:

Fixed various problems with the FOV slider - writing incorrect fov
Fov now works everytime - rather than randomly
Added Support for FOV in MULTIPLAYER - indeed it now works in MP all the time
Workaround for Character Scales in menus - is a workaround which means a toggle key has been added so you can customize your character the way you want than toggle back for normal play. Disable the workaround before leaving the current menu Enable the Workaround when you are in the current menu and not before. Magic key is "J".
Decreased the maximum fov from 120 to 110 - This value should be enough.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Attached files Plugin.Mass Effect 3.rar (12.1 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 23:48 

The plug-in is almost perfect now thank you very much.

Hi all,
Fov is supported only by Eyefinity/Surround - no single monitor users will benefit from an increased FOV. This can be changed based on how many people request it.

What do you mean by that? I'm playing on a single monitor and the fov fix works well, it just zoom a little while running on non combat area.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 00:08 

peppergomez

I have 3 things for you to try/check, though I am not very well versed with softTH.

1) Before loading widescreen fixer (make sure its not loaded), check you are already in your bezel corrected resolution. Then load it and check if it auto detects the bezel corrected res.

2) Reset the hotkey from Q back to * (also called multiply in widescreen fixer). Make sure its the one on the keypad, not the numbers on the top row.

3) When loading mass effect, make sure to ONLY press the key once the bioware logo has faded into the EA logo. I know that sounds silly, but just try it.

More importantly than all of this - I think the new 12.2 catalyst driver will now support your PLP configuration in eyefinity! I don't want to get you overexcited about this, so check first, but I think you should try it. Bezel correction with non standard/equal monitors of many different configs is now definitely possible.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for taking a shot at this. I remapped the hotkey back to numpad multiply (*) and was able to get it working properly in Mass Effect 3. Haven't tried Skyrim yet.

Sadly, I don't think that 12.2 Catalyst allow PLP via Eyefinity. I wish they did!

A few questions-

In Widescreen Fixer, should I uncheck Automatically Detect Resolution and change the Uncorrected resolution to 5238 1600?

In the GameSettings.ini for Mass Effect 3, do I need to manually enter 5238 or 4960 for ResX? 5238 is total horizontal to compensate for the bezels. At least in theory...doesn't seem to be working because text is missing onscreen where the bezels appear.

Post subject: peppergomez wrote:In
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 10:23 
Insiders
Insiders

In Widescreen Fixer, should I uncheck Automatically Detect Resolution and change the Uncorrected resolution to 5238 1600?

Definitely worth a try, nothing to lose.

In the GameSettings.ini for Mass Effect 3, do I need to manually enter 5238 or 4960 for ResX? 5238 is total horizontal to compensate for the bezels. At least in theory...doesn't seem to be working because text is missing onscreen where the bezels appear.

Yes, or use the masseffect3.config to do the same. Got a screenshot of the missing text?

Post subject: Hey Helifax, I was just
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012, 04:32 

Hey Helifax, I was just wondering if it was possible to fix the galaxy map for triple wide displays. The overlay is misaligned with the actual locations, so I am having difficulty actually finding and going to where I need to go. Otherwise this fix is working awesome.

Post subject: Has anyone tried
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012, 05:22 

Has anyone tried 3600x1920?
Morfinx posted in the Demo thread that it wasn't working for him in Eyefinity and it doesn't work for me either. The centre monitor displays but the side two stay blank.

The next lower 3 x P resolution works fine though.

I don't want to buy in to the game before I know it works at my res.

2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X OC/Boost

3 x Dell 2412 in 3P 3600x1920 (3880x1920 bezel corrected)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012, 11:32 

The latest version (404) of the WSF plugin works great as an FOV fix for AMD Eyefinity setups, although HUD centring doesn't work. I have only tried it in single player so far though. To be honest though I'm getting used to no centred HUD as I play an engineer most of the time so the ammo count is somewhat irrelevant and I've memorised my ability hotkeys so I don't need to reference the top left bar either.

I tried the version posted above and the HUD centring actually worked in multiplayer, although not in single player. Unfortunately the game also crashed half way through a match, which I'm assuming was caused by the fixer as I haven't experienced a crash before using earlier versions, or after disabling it.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2012, 02:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Helifax

Firstly, thank you so much for the plugin (along with dopefish). You have made this game infinitely more fun!

The latest plugin works very well for the most part. But below is a list of issues I have found - I hope they help you in some way:
AMD Eyefinity (6048x1080 for me)

1. Hud centering works mostly, but in single player (SP), the notices when you unlock codex entries or war assets still appear on the far right screen 90% of the time. This also applies to paragon/renegade notices and reputation. 10% of the time, they will appear on the centre monitor, but I have no idea what changed to make this happen.

2. In multiplayer (MP) the countdown timer/hacking progress/whatever is always on the right screen. The list of which player killed which enemy also appears on the right screen. Just like single player, very rarely this information will actually appear on the centre screen (which is excellent), but it is not clear why this happens - it seems to be luck! Also, although other players appear correctly on the screens, their names (normally floating above their heads) do not stay in the right place unless they are EXACTLY in front of you. The further left or right they are from you, the more their name doesnt match up. This way, you sometimes get floating player names nowhere near the players!

3. In the MAIN MENU screen (where you choose single player, multi player, extras etc etc) sometimes the text will be completely missing! You can't choose resume, single player, load game, multiplayer etc because they are not there! Only option is alt+F4 then restart game!

Hope this helps in some way :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next