Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 00:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 16:22 

in lieu of paypal, do you guys accept bitcoins?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 16:37 

Hayden, thank you for doing such a quick release for the 1.3 patch. Everything seems to be working perfectly with 0.9, except for one thing. When I open up a note (not a book, but things like letters and recipes), I notice the bottom bar (with the turn pages M1 and M2 instructions) goes to the far left monitor. With books this does not happen. Afterwards, when I close the letter and go back to inventory, I notice the mouse pointer becomes compressed and doesn't match my mouse movements. I then fix this by quitting out of inventory and when I open the inventory again, the pointer is normal-sized again.

You mentioned before how viewing scrolls was messed up and the game thinks that viewing scrolls is viewing the map. I wonder if this is the same problem?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 16:51 
Editors
Editors

Hi guys, long time lurker - first post in this forum. Great community here and since this game came out, this thread is for me rechecked from morning till night time!
This update to 1.3 gave me nothing but CTD, CTD and CTD!

Hey Hans, wlecome to WSGF, have you tried to delete SkyrimPrefs at C:Users...DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim (you may backup it first) ? The game should create a new .ini file, you may set the config you want in the launcher.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 16:58 

Hey Thales,
thanks for your feedback. Sure I have deleted those two files in My Games Skyrim folder. But still CTD.
I will try again some more things like Steam Game Repair when I get back from work.
I will feedback later, if/when I found a successful change.

Post subject: Hans Dampf wrote: I will
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 17:09 
Editors
Editors

I will feedback later, if/when I found a successful change.

K, sounds good, if its running fine before there is certainly a way of fixing the CTDs. :onethumb

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 17:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Hayden, thank you for doing such a quick release for the 1.3 patch. Everything seems to be working perfectly with 0.9, except for one thing. When I open up a note (not a book, but things like letters and recipes), I notice the bottom bar (with the turn pages M1 and M2 instructions) goes to the far left monitor. With books this does not happen. Afterwards, when I close the letter and go back to inventory, I notice the mouse pointer becomes compressed and doesn't match my mouse movements. I then fix this by quitting out of inventory and when I open the inventory again, the pointer is normal-sized again.

You mentioned before how viewing scrolls was messed up and the game thinks that viewing scrolls is viewing the map. I wonder if this is the same problem?

I've had this problem with the last 3 fixes (and possibly before, but I didn't notice if so). It's not the end of the world by any means, but I'm chiming in here just in case Hayden needs this kind of feedback. Here's another bit of feedback - great patch Hayden!

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 19:16 

Just made a donation. Really appreciate the work Hayden and others have been doing.

Post subject: ..aaw!
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 19:20 

]-[iya all again..

Some great posts I've been reading here.
@Meatball, I went to quote one of yours, its was great. I couldn't find it ..throw us another Meatball! :)

I bring bad news.

0.9 on 1.1 has one wee problem, but it breaks it for me. (sigh)

When I am in 'Enchanting' mode my key binds have the R key bound to KP- (key pad minus). "Ready/Sheath" weapon is bound to KP-.
(most of my keys are bound on the KP), ...buuut that should not matter.

When I hit that, craft/create key the whole menu system gets jammed to the LEFT monitor. Never to return.
That "R" key would do the same thing on v0.3 BUT I could get the MENU centered again by hitting M fer MAP and come back again, It would fix it right up. If I ever "Sheathed" my weapons it would do it as well on 0.3. Does NOT do it on 0.9. So I would toggle the MAP and be good to go..

The only relavent MOD I am using is the control.map for the keys.
..commonskyrimDataInterfaceControlsPCcontrolmap.txt
I forgot what its called. Its on Nexus.

system set to US, Skyrin set to High, AA and FXAA off, no LAA and 2x5870 CF(on) CCC11.11c no CAP added.
I miss anything? System NEVER crashes. (oh, trees and land self-shadow ON)

(side note: as soon as you turn on any AA another -tripple-screen- buffer is added, minimum. Start runnin out of VIDMEM fast on 1gig cards. Then ya start texture thrashin and FPS tanks) Some seem to forget this. We are try'n to run around 7mega pixels @ 60 FPS!

..am I the only 1.1 tester/user?

Hey GUYS (GALS?) put Steam in OFFLINE MODE. All the games work except the yap-yap lines. (chat?)
Far Left MENU near the bottom ..GO OFF LINE MODE. Save yerself some grief. I am staying away from the main quest lines just incase they get pooched. Just bootin around, makin stuff, wack'n dragons, finding WORDs ..level 43. Maybe 40+ dragons.. 8-)

Wow, that was long winded, been up ALL night playin. (currently on sick leave, lotsa time!)

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 21:04 

[quote] I will feedback later, if/when I found a successful change.

K, sounds good, if its running fine before there is certainly a way of fixing the CTDs. :onethumb

Found it!
When you start the game, there will be a window showing mountains and on the right: Play - Options - and then 'Datendateien' (in German) in english should be: 'Data Files' or something like that. There I untickted: Skirimvanilla.esm and skyrim1.1.esm -> ONLY Skyrim.esm shall be ticked!
Now it works!
Tricky little hidden details!
Maybe that helps for guys like me, who tried all possible backup procedures and could't start the game any more.
Only skyrim.esm shall be ticked at those 'data files' - or what's written on the starting window at third position.

Edit: Quoted too early. Game crashes now after around one minute. Tried several times. Set textures to medium, gives some more secs, but crash will surely happen on TESV.exe (4GB patched) or Crysis.exe (4GB patched).

Difficult to get this stable!

Edit 2: OK, set all details to low and FXAA off (how could they enable that on medium settings?? ) - now can keep on gaming without crashes, but sure I will try again to set the image settings higher. Maybe some advise from someone with ATI 5000 series on current development stage?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 22:41 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote] I will feedback later, if/when I found a successful change.

Found it!
When you start the game, there will be a window showing mountains and on the right: Play - Options - and then 'Datendateien' (in German) in english should be: 'Data Files' or something like that. There I untickted: Skirimvanilla.esm and skyrim1.1.esm -> ONLY Skyrim.esm shall be ticked!
Now it works!
Tricky little hidden details!
Maybe that helps for guys like me, who tried all possible backup procedures and could't start the game any more.
Only skyrim.esm shall be ticked at those 'data files' - or what's written on the starting window at third position.

Edit: Quoted too early. Game crashes now after around one minute. Tried several times. Set textures to medium, gives some more secs, but crash will surely happen on TESV.exe (4GB patched) or Crysis.exe (4GB patched).

Difficult to get this stable!

Edit 2: OK, set all details to low and FXAA off (how could they enable that on medium settings?? ) - now can keep on gaming without crashes, but sure I will try again to set the image settings higher. Maybe some advise from someone with ATI 5000 series on current development stage?

Don't know if this is ATI related or not but you mentioned "data files" which means you're running mods. Have you tried to not complicate the issue and run the game with no mods?

Only reason I ask this is because if the mod hasn't been updated for v1.3.7 TESV than THAT can brake things. I have no issues with no mods so it is just my penny penny (2 cents)

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 302  Next