Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 05:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2006, 04:16 

I actually never tried the game on medium texture settings so that's my defense :p but now you have me curious....grrrr

EDIT the topic got a little out of hand for a bit, I really only wanted to know if anyone was looking into the proper 16:10 Ratio's

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2006, 08:59 
Editors
Editors

The game is built using the Source engine ...
All of the Source engine games I own automatically adjust to the correct FOV for the chosen resolution ...
I play at 3840x1024 (4:1) using the TripleHead2Go ... the FOV is automatically adjusted correctly ... Hor+
So me thinks ... why wouldn't it automatically adjust for 16:9 or 16:10 ?

Here is a 3840x1024 screenshot ...

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2006, 09:11 

So me thinks ... why wouldn't it automatically adjust for 16:9 or 16:10 ?

...I was only saying that b/c I saw what I said earlier in the official DM read me file. so I would assume the coders of that game did something to it to not support 16:10. or perhaps the developers just didnt change the menu *besides adding in there personal options* and it does in fact not support 16:10, I'm not the expert.. I'm just going on what they themselves said... b/c I just want to know if I played the entire game with the wrong FOV.*I didnt see the read me file till after I beat the game*. b/c since there's a patch now..I will go through and play a different Skill base with hopefully less problems.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2006, 09:20 
Editors
Editors

OK ... just trying to help ... :wink: ... :D

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2006, 01:55 

I can confirm 16:10 working great on my system. Looks correct too, perhaps if there was an issue it was corrected with the patch?

The Patch and a purchase of a WS LCD happened at the same time for me.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2006, 02:04 

OK ... just trying to help ... Wink ... Very Happy

thanks paddy, i'm not to worried about it anymore, just eager to try it with the patch, I uninstalled the version I installed from the DVD and i'm now dl'ing the steam version b/c i shouldn't need the dvd to play *I own a legit copy* and it will be easier to update. Although I noticed the DVD version installs to be 7.8gb while the Steam version only needs 3.5 gb of space... I guess the steam version has better compression. Although as of right now the FEAR Expansion Pack has current attention.