Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 09:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 04:55 

Hey Helifax,

Origins is crashing every time I try to start the game with Widescreen fixer and your plugin running. I noticed under options that the Steam version is the only selection available. I actually own a disc copy (had it imported from the UK since I prefer physical over digital), and it has absolutely zero ties to either Steam or Uplay - I believe it's completely DRM free in fact. Is there any chance up an update to the plugin for standalone copies? The version number I'm running is identical to the Steam version. I can upload the crash dump files if that'll help with troubleshooting.

If anyone has any suggestions as to a possible fix (if the issue in question has nothing to do with it being a stand-alone version or Steam), please let me know. I tried running the .exe under different compatibility modes with no luck.

Looking forward to trying Legends out as well.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 14:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Conker1985 wrote:
Hey Helifax,

Origins is crashing every time I try to start the game with Widescreen fixer and your plugin running. I noticed under options that the Steam version is the only selection available. I actually own a disc copy (had it imported from the UK since I prefer physical over digital), and it has absolutely zero ties to either Steam or Uplay - I believe it's completely DRM free in fact. Is there any chance up an update to the plugin for standalone copies? The version number I'm running is identical to the Steam version. I can upload the crash dump files if that'll help with troubleshooting.

If anyone has any suggestions as to a possible fix (if the issue in question has nothing to do with it being a stand-alone version or Steam), please let me know. I tried running the .exe under different compatibility modes with no luck.

Looking forward to trying Legends out as well.

Thanks!

Hmm.. I am afraid that currently I cannot do anything about this... It crashes since most likely the game exe is different from the one published by Steam and the memory layout is also different.

There are three ways that this could be fixed:
1. By using binary search in a memory space - but this will also make it work on any cr@cked versions (which is something that me and WSGF is against)
2. By using a Teamviewer app - I log into your PC, see your app and extract the memory locations.
3. You can send me your EXE file and I can see if I can make my steam game launch with it. From there I can update the plugin. - Chances are slim to work , but sometimes it does:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 16:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Rayman Legends Fix is now released

Attachment:
Rayman Legends 2013-09-06 18-20-47-69.jpg
Rayman Legends 2013-09-06 18-20-47-69.jpg [ 398.41 KiB | Viewed 3947 times ]

It fixes:

- Correct "FOV"
- Menus are UI is scaled and centered
- Some elements will still not appear on the center monitor (like the counter for electoons) but are correctly scaled

The latest version of the plugin can be downloaded from my website: 3D Surround Gallery => My WindeScreen Fixer Mods

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 18:58 

thank you so much for your work helifax

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 03:19 
Insiders
Insiders

prodigalson1 wrote:

Hey where is all my thanks!! :P I did all the hard work and asked Helifax to do it :P

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 15:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Toothless Spoon wrote:
prodigalson1 wrote:

Hey where is all my thanks!! :P I did all the hard work and asked Helifax to do it :P

Hehehe;)) Indeed :)))

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 15:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey I've updated both Origins and Legends fixes for the RETAIL version

Rayman Origins works as I tested it.
Rayman Legends I couldn't test with a retail exe due to Uplay asking for activation....SO chances are it will not work/ or it will work :))

If it doesn't work let me know. The only way to do it would be on your PC with TeamViewer while the game is running.

Just redownload the plugins from my website;)) (3D Surround Gallery => My WideScreen Fixer Mods)

In the plugin configuration you will find a new game verstion "Retail".

Let me know if it is working.

Regards
Helifax

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 23:58 

helifax wrote:
Hey I've updated both Origins and Legends fixes for the RETAIL version

Rayman Origins works as I tested it.
Rayman Legends I couldn't test with a retail exe due to Uplay asking for activation....SO chances are it will not work/ or it will work :))

If it doesn't work let me know. The only way to do it would be on your PC with TeamViewer while the game is running.

Just redownload the plugins from my website;)) (3D Surround Gallery => My WideScreen Fixer Mods)

In the plugin configuration you will find a new game verstion "Retail".

Let me know if it is working.

Regards
Helifax

Hey Helifax,

Thanks for the updated plug-ins. Looks like Origins is working correctly now (thanks!). Sadly, Legends retail still isn't. I'd be willing to do the TeamViewer thing if you think that'll help solve the problem. Just let me know when (I'm currently on US Eastern Time). Thanks again for all the extra effort!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 01:32 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey peeps, head here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/78 ... -Eyefinity)

and show that our community is strong. Also it will show support for Helifax's hard work and what Ubisoft should have done in the first place :)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 01:46 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
cr@cked versions (which is something that me and WSGF is against)

Of course that is your opinion, and you have every right to have that opinion, and I respect that. However I want to say that I do not agree. Not paying is a form of protest as well, against devs not doing their jobs well enough (namely, supporting Eyefinity, so a fix is not necessary).

As what is the advantage of using Steam over piratery? That is updates. Pirated releases never - or rarely - get updated. This could be used in their advantage as well, so to say that multimonitor support is added in a patch, then how quick do you think a multi monitor user is going to get the official version?
In conclusio: In my opinion piracy is an incentive to keep supporting your game after release and apply patches, to even new content. Examples: Don't Starve, Minecraft, several android apps with lots of useful updates with new content.

Also; I made a thread on this post to have it's own place and not abuse this thread. If you, be it helifax or anyone else want to respond on this topic. Please do so here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next