Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 17:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: bashprompt wrote:I keep
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 13:11 
Editors
Editors

I keep getting 3x of the same display and no idea why.

Hey bashprompt, welcome to WSGF, please go to C:Users...DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim; open SkyrimPrefs. ini and check if the resolution is set for multi-monitor, i.e. for 5040x1050 it should be ( iSize H=1050 iSize W=5040).

Post subject: thanks thales100
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 13:35 

Thanks so much for the tip, screen now stretches across all 3 with a proper FOV.

I've been changing the skyrimprefs in the steam folder this whole time, thank you for spelling out the file loc, I was close to giving up before I got your post!

Finally I can play Skyrim in EF, this game is the whole reason I bought 3 screens in the first place!

Cheers, bash.

Post subject: Nice, thanks.
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 13:45 
Editors
Editors

Nice, thanks.

Post subject: 5760x1080 or 5040x1050?
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 13:51 

I'm very new to the whole triple monitor thing as well as this forum. I may not even be putting this post at the end :)

First thanks to Hayden and Helifax for putting all this work into these fixes. Those of us who can't code really appreciate it!

I'm running a Radeon 6950 setup. I'm wondering what the best resolution would be to run the game in. I keep hearing 5040x1050 referred to as "normal". What do you mean by normal?
I've been getting it to run at 5760x1080. Would it look better at 5040x1050? If so, is there a way to get my monitors to think they can do that? I'm running 3 ASUS VE278Q. I don't think they offer that resolution. Unless i'm mistaken.

Thanks for your help!!

Post subject: I noticed that the HUD
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 14:06 
Insiders
Insiders

I noticed that the HUD centering is slightly to the left in other games when using Eyefinity, as well. I never did pinpoint the issue since all of the resolution values and bezel offsets lined up correctly. I'll revisit this when I get a chance and see what I can come up with.

Regarding not making the source code public,
I keep it closed because I see no reason at the moment to make it public. It won't really help anyone. If someone is interested in developing plugins or making fixes for games, just get a hold of me and I'll work with you. Another reason is that Widescreen Fixer itself, and the library APIs, are constantly changing. As games come out and new methods are needed or I come up with better ways of doing things the API will be updated and changed to meet the needs. Making the source public will cause people to create plugins for specific APIs that break during the next update. Just with helifax alone we ran into the API problem. With the source closed this makes it necessary for people to get in contact with me and we can merge plugins, update plugins, add new plugins, etc. and they get maintained more easily that way.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 15:26 

Thank you so much Helifax for this update.
It works now perfectly for me.
I only had to desable the auto detect in widescreen fixer and enter manualy my resolution (5040*1050 idem for corrected reso - i do not use bezel correction)
Like this, the HUD is pecfectly centered - verified by an achery training session !
Thanks a lot again!! :twothumb

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 17:39 

Here is my email and response from Bethesda:

Email to Besthesda: ([email protected])

I am sure you must be aware of this, but there is a forum with more than 311,000 views on this issue with Skyrim: http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/gaming/requestdiscuss-game-solutions/18156/skyrim-multi-monitor-user-interface-fix-disc.

The issue is that the menu is not sizing correctly when playing at large resolutions. I have 3 22” LCDs and use a resolution of 5270 x 1050 (with bezel correction). The game looks great but the user interface of the game does not size and cuts off on the bottom. I cannot read books, navigate dialog, or browse inventory. Will Bethesda please fix this? There are two people who have come up with fixes on the widescreen gaming forum, Hayden and Helifax, and Hayden’s fix worked perfectly until Bethesda updated the game to 1.4.

I find it difficult to believe that what could be the best game of all time does not have an official fix for this from Bethesda and that the only people who can fix it are doing it for free, accepting only paypal donations. This game has made millions of dollars. Please, I implore you, find a way to get this fixed.

Response from Bethesda:

Hi Henry,
We do not support multiple monitor set up.
Best regards,
Justin I.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 17:42 

Freaking bastards. You know, I do tech support for a major company. Included in all my discussion with customers is some kind of empathy statement. But Bethesda? Nothing. I wasn't really expecting anything, but damn it still pisses me off.

As far as the latest fix from Helifax, it is working great for me!!!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 19:11 

Why are ppl still contacting Bethesda? They have officially said that 3 screen is not supported nor will they start to support it! You paid for the game to work on one screen not for 3. If you want it to work on 3 then you have to support the modding comunnity and Helifax, Dopefish and Hayden are doing just that.

Even if you gave Bethesda thousands of dollars they wouldn't support it.

:doh

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 19:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Even if you gave Bethesda thousands of dollars they wouldn't support it.

:doh

Give me a thousand dollars and hell I'll even release Elder Scrolls VI before Beth does :)))))))

:P

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 302  Next