Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 02:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Skripka wrote:HaYDeN
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 23:54 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote]Released update for v1.6.89.0 for Skyrim.

Complete overhaul in the way that the patch functions - entirely re-engineered, no more "Map Check" setting stuff etc, finally managed to solve all the mouse related problems where the Y-Axis was more sensitive than the X-Axis (in triple wide only, they fixed it otherwise) - it should feel reasonably smooth, black screens centered, Skill menu working 100%, map working 100%

Everything should be for lack of a better word, flawless.

Hit update in Flawless Widescreen you will see a new plugin (TESV: Skyrim (Old Fix)) and the latest update (use this) with the original name (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) - if it doesn't show hit Reload Plugins after the update.

Do report back your findings.

Wowza, you completely re-engineered that fix in a hurry :D

Only bug I haven't had a chance to test in depth, is when viewing letters/notes or books in game. The text does not fit to the paper and runs off beyond the right hand margin.

I have lots of mods installed, so my issue could be those at fault. Like I said, haven't had time to test.

Yeah, I've noticed this one too. Sometimes certain notes will be slightly off to the side.

Also, I noticed that when looking at a certain direction while sprinting, far away shadows will flicker very quickly.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 00:28 
Insiders
Insiders

I tested a few of the books and scrolls I had in my inventory when designing the fix, didn't spot a issue - so it must be only a few affected. I will check it tonight and fix if I can find a book that causes it to fault, can you confirm how often it happens?

Re: Shadows - possibly its to do with the FOV increase setting - you could try setting it back to default (0 additional) - otherwise I think there was a multisample setting you could change in the config file?

Otherwise I assume the map is all working properly for people?

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 01:44 

Hi,

First the good: Maps, menus, all graphical things are indeed FLAWLESS. Beautiful work.

the bad: The mouse feels weird, laggy. I had to set the Sensitivity all the way to the right at 1.0 and that helped, but it is like trying ot use the inside a full bathtub with water running. It lags and is a bit inacurate. Any suggestions?

edit: tried all the fixes below, ended up wiht th esldier at .53 and semi decent mouse movement. Looks like it is a Skyrim known issue?

Worst case , i will play like it is. At least i can fight from them horses now!

Beautiful work, will donate once again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Skyrim Mouse Lag

4:08 AM faust1 No comments

You may have started experiencing Skyrim mouse lag just after buying it. The surprising thing is that setting lowest options would not help at all. Thus I’m going to discuss with you several solutions of this problem that need not be necessarily lie in your mouse.

· Prevent Overheating

· Disable Mouse Acceleration Feature

· Change Some Other Configurations

· Make Optimum Services Profile

· Defrag your Disks

Prevent Overheating

Make sure your processor is not overheating. If it is overheating, do take appropriate measures. First of all, open the cabinet of your CPU, clean all the components including fans & motherboard. Then try playing Skyrim and check whether Skyrim mouse lag persists or not.

Disable Mouse Acceleration Feature

The Mouse Acceleration feature can be the cause of mouse lag problem. Disable it as shown below:

1. Click Start, select My Documents.

2. Double click SkyrimSteamAppsCommonSkyrim.

3. Right click the file SkyrimPrefs.ini and select Open With | Notepad.

4. Click Edit | Find. Type bMouseAcceleration and click Find Next button.

5. After the keyword is highlighted, replace its value to 0. 0 represents disable and 1 represents enable.

6. Click File | Save.

7. Close the file.

Change Some Other Configurations

Along with the above said mouse acceleration feature change other game settings as below:

1. Repeat the Steps 1 to Step 3 given in the above paragraph.

2. Add the following lines after the contents of the file are end:

fMouseHeadingXScale=0.01

fMouseHeadingYScale=0.01

3. Under [Display] section, search for a keyword called iPresentInterval. Replace its value from 1 to 0.

4. Save and close the file.

Make Optimum Services Profile

You’ll need to know which services are taking a lot of your memory and causing Skyrim mouse lag. Do this by installing a Services Optimizer software and making a new fresh profile with minimum number of services.

1. Download, install and run a Services Optimizer software.

2. Make a new services profile by clicking Optimize Services button from the Services Manager tab on the left hand side.

3. Select Gaming Computer (Extreme Performance) option from the drop down box that appears. Click Optimize Services button to apply your changes and proceed.

Defrag your Disks

If you’re not defragging your hard disk regularly, then it might be the reason why mouse lags while playing Skyrim. Defrag all the partitions of your hard disk to repair this issue.

1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools.

2. Select Disk Defragmenter.

3. Select all partitions that appears in the list.

4. Click Defragment Disks button.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 01:48 
Insiders
Insiders

I had a couple test it and report wither or not it feels natural, general concenious was it was OK.

There are two variables that control mouse sensitivity, I did notice that it seemed like the acceleration slew rate changed slightly but maybe it behaves differently because i have a ultra-high DPI mouse (eg. not so bad) - I will see if the 2nd variable (which also impacts sens. changes it without changing the slew rate)

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 03:02 

I tested a few of the books and scrolls I had in my inventory when designing the fix, didn't spot a issue - so it must be only a few affected. I will check it tonight and fix if I can find a book that causes it to fault, can you confirm how often it happens?

Re: Shadows - possibly its to do with the FOV increase setting - you could try setting it back to default (0 additional) - otherwise I think there was a multisample setting you could change in the config file?

Otherwise I assume the map is all working properly for people?

Map works fine. I tried futzing with the FOV sliider in your tool, and it did not effect the problem I'm seeing. BTW, I led about books being effected ;) it is only letters it seems. I've created a screencap gallery to show what I mean:

http://www.photoshop.com/users/Skripka_at_H/albums/e6a29e9c83884734b2ae1d3d0ec7179e

Post subject: Working!!
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 03:34 

I saw their was a newer version of widescreen fixer (don't know if i missed it a few days ago or if it just came out) but that fixed it. Thanks everyone !

Post subject: mouse update and cure
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 03:40 

Hy Hayden,

I was able to fix the mouse problem, the issue had zero to do with your excellent fix. I foilowed the steps in the video below, afer trying a lot of other "fixes", and while radical the steps worked! Worth looking over, I will paste the pertinent text here. Again , let me stress that I had given up hope and was desperate when I tried it. When it actually worked I was shocked. Step 1 is obsolete, and I fixed the file name in step 8, the guy had the wrong ini file. Also, I additionally disable ALL mouse acceleration EVERYWHERE I could find it, including the accelartion controls on my Razer Mamba rat. As a programmer some of the steps will mean more to you, like the 3d anti lag program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2AJDJ8sOfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Step 1:
-update skyrim to version 1.1
(fixes mouse sensitivity issues in the menus)

Step 2:
-if you are not playing on gamepad, go to skyrim "gameplay" options and disable "360"
(removes a lot of input lag)

Step 3:
-go to your video driver control panel and set "frames rendered ahead" to "1"
(removes a lot of input lag)

Step 4:
-go to "Skyrim/skyrim/skyrimprefs.ini" and set "bMouseAcceleration" to "0"
(disables sluggish skyrim mouse acceleration)

Step 5:
-go to "my documents/my games/skyrim/skyrim.ini" and add "iPresentInterval=0" to the [display] section
(disables vsync, very important for all following tweaks)

Step 6:
-download "D3D_Antilag_v1.1" (http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34#content) and move "D3D9.dll" and "antilag.cfg" into the game folder (where the *.exe files are located)
-open antilag.cfg with notepad and set "frames rendered ahead" to "1"
(This forces frames rendered ahead to 1 and adds a framelimiter, which is required to fix vertical sensitivity issues)

Step 7:
-open antilag.cfg with notepad and change "FPSlimit" to "50"

Step 8:
-go to "my documents/my games/skyrim/skyrimprefs.ini" and add:
[Controls]
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0132
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0200
(this syncs vertical and horizontal sensitivity for the FPS limit we have just set)

Step 9:
-change your skyrim video settings so that performance never drops below 40 fps
(vertical sensitivity depends on it!)

Step 10:
-mouse sensitivity fine tuning: open "my documents/my games/skyrim/skyrimprefs.ini" and set "fMouseHeadingSensitivity" to your desired value
(dont touch the sensitivity slider in the game options after doing this!)

other tweaks:
-to change fov, open console ingame and type "fov 90"
or open "skyrim.ini" and add "fDefaultFOV=90.0" to the [general] section

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 10:49 

I have this too and it only seems to happen on notes 100% of the time. It is noticible on bounty letter (the ones you get from inns and stewards).

Gissur's note 0006DEB6

And map is working fine.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 09:08 
I Donated
I Donated

Hmm, the thing is, my FoV settings on flawless are already set to 0.00. I normally adjust FoV via console, and haven't had issues with previous versions.

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:HaYDeN
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 11:47 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Re: Shadows - possibly its to do with the FOV increase setting - you could try setting it back to default (0 additional) - otherwise I think there was a multisample setting you could change in the config file?

Hmm, the thing is, my FoV settings on flawless are already set to 0.00. I normally adjust FoV via console, and haven't had issues with previous versions.

Are you sure you aren't using any Direct3D Injectors for graphical enhancements to play the game? like the FXAA Injector or something? I see the same thing but only with the injector...or 3D vision Helix mod

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289 ... 302  Next