Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 02:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 19:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I remember flickering shadows being a issue since the beginning, since the original release of Skyrim, as i said there was a Multisample in the config file that resolved it, its similar to the snow issue where the snow flakes are larger than they should be, the getter function that loads variables (eg. inventory size values) also gets the shadow and snow flake values along with everything, getter functions make it hard to apply a single because theres many of them.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: I figured out my issue -
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012, 12:48 
I Donated
I Donated

EDIT: Can't mix up Skyrim's console FoV with flawless's settings. Really screws things up. Suffice it to say, that was the issue.

Post subject: Assuming you are talking
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012, 13:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Assuming you are talking about FWS - you can goto the PluginCacheFWS_PluginsModulesTESVSkyrimDependenciesScripts folder and open TESVSkyrim_IU.lua

If you want to stop FWS from doing anything with the WorldFOV entirely you can comment or remove these lines:

Line 1001: local WorldFOV = HackTool:GetAddress("WorldFOV")
Line 1002: if WorldFOV then
Line 1003: WorldFOV:WriteFloat(fDefaultFOV + fAdditionalFOV)
Line 1004 end

Line 1022: Fix_TimerFOV:SetEnabled(true)

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 10:25 

Hey all,

First and foremost here are my PC specs:

Windows 7 professional: 64 bit
12 Gigs DDR 3 RAM
Dual ATI 6990 (Crossfire enabled)
Pentium i7 3.8 Ghz
2x 250 SSD
3 HP 2310m monitors

Here is my bugger of a problem - I disabled all mods and attempted to run Skyrim (either SKSE or Vanilla) with Hayden's flawless widescreen - and the game is absolutely unplayable. FOV looks correct but i am getting MAJOR stuttering at the intro screen (haven't even started a game yet its so bad). I can play the game smooth as butter on single monitor .... Here are the steps that i have taken thus far to try and fix this problem.

1) Ensure ATI Drivers are up to date
2) Disable Crossfire (and then re-enable it)
3) Disable all 3rd party mods
4) re-download flawless widescreen
5) re-seat my RAM and both video cards
6) manually adjusting my FOV settings in skyrimpref
7) not using flawless widescreen and using the native "Default" option on the skyrim widescreen (despite the crappy mentu's and what not)
8) Blood sacrifice (J/K)

Still nothing.... What i am noticing when trying to play is the audible "pop" from my speakers ...leading me to believe it potentially could be a sound problem? If this is the case though i am lost as to why it would only be there when attempting widescreen... Takes about 5 minutes to get through the Bethesda logo and then mouse movement - response is so laggy on the main menu that i end up having to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the game ... I have a pretty high-end gaming machine and I am still at a loss for words at how to fix this bad-boy....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks ! !

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 19:06 

Hey All!
I lurked for awhile trying to answer my own question to no avail so now i post

just updated skyrim to 1.6.89.0 (late getting to it cause everything was working fine and i knew that an update meant having to deal with issues

using flawless everything works good except for item and magic (and to a lesser extent skill trees) are too "tall" on screen

using widescreen fixer all menus work but my reticule and compass are about an inch and a half too far left of center

just so you know this is a fresh install with minimal mods (high res, and sky ui being the notable ones)

all help appreciated! thanks to all who help others! all praise to hayden and helifax for their tremendous contributions

Post subject: Hi all, brand new to
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 00:10 

Hi all, brand new to multi-monitor gaming.

I am trying to get skyrim working. I have tried flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer.
Even when I have these running in the background, I dont know where to change the game resolution to 5760x1080, it never has it in the game menu and the game always plays on a single monitor.
Please help, or point me in the direction of more information. Thanks

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 01:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi all, brand new to multi-monitor gaming.

I am trying to get skyrim working. I have tried flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer.
Even when I have these running in the background, I dont know where to change the game resolution to 5760x1080, it never has it in the game menu and the game always plays on a single monitor.
Please help, or point me in the direction of more information. Thanks

Press Control-Esc, in the search box, type "SkyrimPrefs" click it to open it in notepad, find the line that say "iSize H" and "iSize W" change it to your desired resolution and save it.

I'd be very supirsed if this is not mentioned somewhere in this 2xx page thread :)

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 03:53 

Got it working! Thanks

Yeah, I have been skimming the forum, but its difficult to separate the relevant info from old info.

Also, I realize that there is a "fish-bowl" effect associated with widescreen gaming, but my side screen views are WAY out of proportion with my center screen.
Everything gets magnified by at least three fold and objects barely viewable in the distance can stretch across the entire length of my side screen.
It is like my side screen views are through a telescope.

Am I missing something? Does everyone play like this? I tried adjusting the FOV but that didnt help much.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 09:02 
Insiders
Insiders

that fish bowel effect you speak of is exactly what is happening, its normal - if you believe its not, post a screenshot.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 23:54 

I guess I will just have to get use to it. I just thought that it would be a more subtle effect.

Also, I tried taking screen shots, but "print screen" crashes back to desktop every single time.
Is there a known reason for this? I couldnt find anyone else with this problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290 ... 302  Next