Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 08:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Soth wrote:MNeidig
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 13:00 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Thanks a ton. I bought three monitors pretty much for this game at a time I didn't realize that most games didn't support surround gaming. Glad to know there's a fix.

So far it's working for me. I still have the issue with the zoomed in character, though. And the little hints screen between elevator rides displays nothing.

That's about all I've noticed with playing with it for two minutes.

as was posted above, if you cant wait for the fix for fov as part of the widescreen plugin.

you can use this

"until that, however, use this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5j74c4n4c4b4h05

modified coalesced.bin, made by my humble self, increases fov, and doesn't break zooming.
some "user input" is required during conversationscutscenes though.
available in fov 75-110, easily modified to fit your requirements. see readme file for more details."

all credit goes to CalverKelevra for making it,

Can run both at once and it will fix all the zoomed in screens. theres a readme.txt in the zip/rar file and its a simple file replace and its done. :)

Or just wait :)

This evening we will release a fix with fov adjustments. :) So do not worry.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: I just found out the
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 13:02 

I just found out the workbench doesn't work. If I disable the fix before entering the workbench, It gives me the weapons selection menu first which is not usable.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 13:47 

Thank you for the fix. Just need to finish me1 and 2 first

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 16:26 
Insiders
Insiders

any suggestions on the MP helifax?

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 16:35 
Insiders
Insiders

I uploaded a new version of Widescreen Fixer that adds HUD centering for initial game release v1.00. Helifax also sent me some preliminary FoV fix with it but I didn't have a lot of time to look at that and implement it yet. I'll work with him more on it tomorrow and I'll release a new plugin then.

http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Massive thanks to Helifax and Dopefish, really appreciate your guys work. Can not wait to try this when I get home from work.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 18:56 
Insiders
Insiders

any suggestions on the MP helifax?

Multiplayer? Multiplayer menus work the same... If however you don't see the menus in MP: Disable the fix, go back to Main Menu, enable fix select MP again.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 00:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Multiplayer? Multiplayer menus work the same... If however you don't see the menus in MP: Disable the fix, go back to Main Menu, enable fix select MP again.

to quote my previous comment about the MP.

I haven't had a chance to try this in the SP but with the MP weapon mod bench, turning off the fix before I click on MODIFY does not work for me. I still have the same problem I had with the demo, in that when I turn off the fix and click modify the weapon is blacked out and the mod screens are black. When the fix is enabled the weapon is properly textured but the mod screens are still black. I didn't think to report it because none of the stats from the Demo MP and SP carried over to Retail, so I was never concerned with it beyond a quick impression. I am not using a fancy res just 5760x1080. I've tried this with it auto detecting my res and with me manually setting it. I know you run a custom res for bezel correction, do you think I should try that and get back to you helifax?

Edit: I decided to try MP after I made that first comment, sorry for the confusion helifax.

I reworded it a little to make a little more grammatical sense, was up pretty late when I wrote that /c:

I did try what you suggested and the same thing happened. Here is what it looks like with the fix being turned off before I clicked modify:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/Kayden3/MassEffect32012-03-0715-29-40-11.jpg

Here is what it looks like with the fix being enabled when I clicked modify:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/Kayden3/MassEffect32012-03-0715-29-45-31.jpg

Any other ides on this scenario?

EDIT: I did verify the status of the fix by alt tabbing out of the game to check the util, and it said it was off when I got that first screenshot and it was on when I got the second screenshot.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post subject: Kayden wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 00:51 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Multiplayer? Multiplayer menus work the same... If however you don't see the menus in MP: Disable the fix, go back to Main Menu, enable fix select MP again.

to quote my previous comment about the MP.

I haven't had a chance to try this in the SP but with the MP weapon mod bench, turning off the fix before I click on MODIFY does not work for me. I still have the same problem I had with the demo, in that when I turn off the fix and click modify the weapon is blacked out and the mod screens are black. When the fix is enabled the weapon is properly textured but the mod screens are still black. I didn't think to report it because none of the stats from the Demo MP and SP carried over to Retail, so I was never concerned with it beyond a quick impression. I am not using a fancy res just 5760x1080. I've tried this with it auto detecting my res and with me manually setting it. I know you run a custom res for bezel correction, do you think I should try that and get back to you helifax?

Edit: I decided to try MP after I made that first comment, sorry for the confusion helifax.

I reworded it a little to make a little more grammatical sense, was up pretty late when I wrote that /c:

I did try what you suggested and the same thing happened. Here is what it looks like with the fix being turned off before I clicked modify:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/Kayden3/MassEffect32012-03-0715-29-40-11.jpg

Here is what it looks like with the fix being enabled when I clicked modify:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/Kayden3/MassEffect32012-03-0715-29-45-31.jpg

Any other ides on this scenario?

EDIT: I did verify the status of the fix by alt tabbing out of the game to check the util, and it said it was off when I got that first screenshot and it was on when I got the second screenshot.

Yah:) I know you need to disable the fix a long time in advance.... Anyway..I am working on a fix to :

fix the enabling/disabling part so even Main menu should work ok
Modified the fov so now we can adjust it for Normal combat, Running, Cover

So wait a bit:) to make it properly:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 01:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh no problem, I just can't navigate to the weapons section and hit modify if I turn it off any sooner. I have to wait for stupid gamestop to give my preorder codes anyways. Thanks for the response.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 06:13 

[quote]It does indeed work with only a few issues.

Like ME2, your characters on the armor/outfit selection screen are zoomed in, so you can only see your avatar's chest.

The other already mentioned, is the blacked-out weapon mod UI. The boxes where you browse and select weapon mods are unusable.

Some other minor problems, but very playable. Performance is good, nothing taxing.

For the mods:

Disable the FIX prior going to the MOD BENCH.!!!! they you will see everything. :P I used it like that in the demo:P)

That doesn't work for me. If I disable prior to the workbench, it will have a zoomed in (unusable) interface (which is what happens to all menus without fix). If I go to the bench with the fix applied, the aforementioned "blacked out" mod boxes is present.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next