Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 14:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 00:06 

Thanks guys.

Bummer about the bugs. Any chance they can be fixed?

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 00:30 

No go for me, it is still shifted to the left. Any other ideas?

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 09:50 

thank you very much

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 12:30 

Homer Morisson wrote:
@susahamat:
First of all, thank you -- the widescreen hack works in general, however there is one major annoyance: whenever the game does a "fade out", i.e. when starting and ending battle, the screen goes black for a second, and during pep ultimates, the screen has white fade outs multiple times... those were supposed to be fullscreen, but now with your hack, they are aligned to the left side of the screen and fill only the old 2560x1440 area, instead of being a fullscreen effect.

This means that ~2/3rds of the screen regularly black out or white out a number of times during combat, and upon area changes... this is insanely annoying and immersion-killing, so the big 1.000.000 dollar question:
Can this be fixed?

Apparently this is also tied in to the splash screen and menus being aligned to the left side instead of centered/fullscreen, even the crafting result popup (Success/Perfection) is off-center, and second screen shoes the white fade outs while crafting also with the same visual bug.

Screenshot to demonstrate the effect during battles and area transitions:

Screenshot for the white fade outs during crafting and pep burst attacks:

*push*

If there's any other .exe hacking ultrawide wizards around, the question still stands: does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Getting rid of this visual bug would be the final piece of the puzzle to finally allow for actual 21:9 gaming in this game, all it takes is getting those fade out-effects to scale correctly with the rest of the output image/output resolution.

No idea how to do that or if it can be done even... but sure would be awesome to have some more experienced people have a look at this. =)

• Display: Alienware AW3418DW 34" 21:9 IPS@100 Hz native(!) 3440x1440

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 15:01 

Wummhelm wrote:
Hello I've also tested it, although I have no 21: 9 monitor but a 16:10. There, the picture might be centered, but the picture is only shifted upwards. Since I am now synonymous to my question if you could edit the Exe so it is for 16:10 Währe the super because the game synonymous not 16:10 Supports next to Ultra widescreen

+1 please!

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 16:38 

jackfuste wrote:
jvlk wrote:
Does not work for me, picture is still 16x9 but not in the middle anymore but to the left.

Try this - dragon-quest-xi.7z

Damn you guys are awesome. Can't wait to try this once I get home! Hopefully someone can find a fix for the minor bugs and we will have a perfect fix!

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 17:59 

Homer Morisson wrote:
Mr Protein wrote:
Wonder if someone could help me ? Im playing Dragon quest @ 3440x1440 21.9 and ive tried Jacks fix, downloaded and extracted to game file but its not worked...im trying to figure out what im doing wrong, can anyone tell me where i need to extract the patch to please ?

It's not a patch, it's a hacked .exe -- you need to replace the game's original .exe with this one... but since this seems to be new to you, first of all and most importantly: back up the original file!
That makes it much easier to go back and forth, since then you have the two separate .exe files and can just swap them out.

I don't know what exactly you meant by "extracted to game file", but you need to make sure to put the new .exe file in the exact same directory the original one is in, which is found in:
Code:
\steamapps\common\DRAGON QUEST XI\Game\Binaries\Win64\

After you have done that, you should only need to set your game in the internal options to fullscreen after having loaded a savegame, and you should be set. Well, "set"... aside from the major glitches still in this first iteration.

Thankyou very much !

Edit: I just cannot seem to get this to work, no idea what im doing wrong....i need a step by step conclusive guide for idiots it seems :( Or ! someone install it for me via teamviewer..im on the WSGF discord grp

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 23:55 

Mr Protein wrote:
Homer Morisson wrote:
Mr Protein wrote:
Wonder if someone could help me ? Im playing Dragon quest @ 3440x1440 21.9 and ive tried Jacks fix, downloaded and extracted to game file but its not worked...im trying to figure out what im doing wrong, can anyone tell me where i need to extract the patch to please ?

It's not a patch, it's a hacked .exe -- you need to replace the game's original .exe with this one... but since this seems to be new to you, first of all and most importantly: back up the original file!
That makes it much easier to go back and forth, since then you have the two separate .exe files and can just swap them out.

I don't know what exactly you meant by "extracted to game file", but you need to make sure to put the new .exe file in the exact same directory the original one is in, which is found in:
Code:
\steamapps\common\DRAGON QUEST XI\Game\Binaries\Win64\

After you have done that, you should only need to set your game in the internal options to fullscreen after having loaded a savegame, and you should be set. Well, "set"... aside from the major glitches still in this first iteration.

Thankyou very much !

Edit: I just cannot seem to get this to work, no idea what im doing wrong....i need a step by step conclusive guide for idiots it seems :( Or ! someone install it for me via teamviewer..im on the WSGF discord grp

Okay, completely step by step:

Download the .zip file from here.
Extract the .zip file to get the .exe file.
Backup your original .exe in the directory mentioned before.
Copy the new .exe into that very same folder.
Rename the new .exe so it has exactly the same name (including capitalization) as the original .exe.
Start the game.
Load your savegame.
If necessary, set display options to "Fullscreen" and confirm.

That's it.

• Display: Alienware AW3418DW 34" 21:9 IPS@100 Hz native(!) 3440x1440

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 01:37 

The new .exe works for me. The battle scenes are a bummer when transitioning, but my computer is so fast that it is only black like that for a split second. Thanks for making it available as it makes the rest of the game beautiful to play!

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 04:59 

I am waiting to purchase DQ 11 once ultrawide is working correctly. Glad to see nice progression. I wonder the remaining bug may need someone that know how the engine works to fix it. Kaidaien on steam is very knowledgeable https://steamcommunity.com/app/742120/d ... 103882377/
I can't post on steam yet. Can anyone ask him if he can help? Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next