Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 08:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: FEAR 3 Surround
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:03 
Insiders
Insiders

So what would be an acceptable solution according to you :?: Any way this file has to be edited ...

Sorry I didn't mean for my comment to be negative towards the work performed already (in fact that's the only way at the moment) - all I was saying is there's some issues with it, like it locking the mouse to 1920x1080 bounds.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 16:50 

[quote]So what would be an acceptable solution according to you :?: Any way this file has to be edited ...

Sorry I didn't mean for my comment to be negative towards the work performed already (in fact that's the only way at the moment) - all I was saying is there's some issues with it, like it locking the mouse to 1920x1080 bounds.

Thank you gentlemen for your work so far.
K4SH.........I got the editing to give me triple screen, but I very much agree.....the FOV is SO bad, you can't play. I also have found that if I quit out, my program defaults back to the single screen 1920 x 1200?

Hayden.........thanks alot for working on this. I find the game to be fun, but the single screen is god-awful amd the FOV even on single screen is nauseating.

Thanks guys. Hope you can iron this out.
My hats off to you.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 17:16 

FOV is fixed, but the resolution issue is not - the editing of that file isn't a acceptable solution, the engine still limits mouse movement and stuff... just working on that atm.

Could you share the FoV fix, HaYDeN?

I am playing single screen here and this FoV is an absolute torture.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 17:45 

i'd be super happy with just the fov change :)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 19:41 

[quote]FOV is fixed, but the resolution issue is not - the editing of that file isn't a acceptable solution, the engine still limits mouse movement and stuff... just working on that atm.

Could you share the FoV fix, HaYDeN?

I am playing single screen here and this FoV is an absolute torture.

Please don't rush the man, I'd like what-ever he has, when-ever he's good and ready.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 21:25 

Any screen shots Hayden?

I plugged in my xbox controller and the game was super smooth where as the mouse is all stuttery (consolitis) this also happened with that piece of garbage called Kane and lynch. The frame rate is also all over the place not to mention the locked 30fps vsync. Use d3dovrrrider to lock to 60. The graphics are not that great and the frames are low that sucks

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 22:00 

Any screen shots Hayden?

I plugged in my xbox controller and the game was super smooth where as the mouse is all stuttery (consolitis) this also happened with that piece of garbage called Kane and lynch. The frame rate is also all over the place not to mention the locked 30fps vsync. Use d3dovrrrider to lock to 60. The graphics are not that great and the frames are low that sucks

I don't know what you are saying.
My mouse and keyboard work flawlessly. Maybe adjust the sensitivity.
Why would you want to use a freeking 360 controller on the PC? Jesus, just go play it on the XBox then?
The graphics suffer a little from texture losss up close, but rival anything out there and are very true to the FEAR series, did you happen to look at the graphics in DukeNukemForever?
Sounds to me like you are really picky about things, what about just enjoying the game? I think it's a very well done shooter......exactly as I had anticipated.

I run my game WITHOUT VSync, and my FPS average is 75-90 in heavy action, and the game is only using 40% of my GPUs at present.
Turn off VSync.

My biggest disappointment has been lack of native support for EyeFinity, and the terrible FOV.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 22:24 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Any screen shots Hayden?

Why would you want to use a freeking 360 controller on the PC? Jesus, just go play it on the XBox then?
The graphics suffer a little from texture losss up close, but rival anything out there and are very true to the FEAR series, did you happen to look at the graphics in DukeNukemForever?
Sounds to me like you are really picky about things, what about just enjoying the game? I think it's a very well done shooter......exactly as I had anticipated.

I run my game WITHOUT VSync, and my FPS average is 75-90 in heavy action, and the game is only using 40% of my GPUs at present.
Turn off VSync.

My biggest disappointment has been lack of native support for EyeFinity, and the terrible FOV.

You obviously either don't notice or don't experience this "jitter issue"

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 22:54 

[quote]Any screen shots Hayden?

Turn off VSync.

I get close to 200 fps no vsync single screen smooth as butter. Turn on vsync single screen smooth as butter. This is about 5760x1080 resolution gameplay testing performance despite the fov being off.

The moment I see screen tear the game feels like garbage xbox does screen tear. I play all games continuously locked at 60fps. There is zero performance loss with my imperator and g13 at 60fps compared to 200 plus except for an over worked gpu. I like my 6970 DirectCU 960/1540 stock volt completely quiet during during full use.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 01:14 

[quote][quote]Any screen shots Hayden?

Turn off VSync.

I get close to 200 fps no vsync single screen smooth as butter. Turn on vsync single screen smooth as butter. This is about 5760x1080 resolution gameplay testing performance despite the fov being off.

The moment I see screen tear the game feels like garbage xbox does screen tear. I play all games continuously locked at 60fps. There is zero performance loss with my imperator and g13 at 60fps compared to 200 plus except for an over worked gpu. I like my 6970 DirectCU 960/1540 stock volt completely quiet during during full use.

So just what are you complaining about?
You absolutely CANNOT play this game in 5670 x 1200 resolution due to the FOV currently being unajustable. If you are I can't imagine you are seeing everything.

I have to call BS on you getting 200 FPS in this game with a single 6970, that just isn't happening.
Look , I have THREE GPUs all unlocked to 6970 specs and I get 100 maximum in heavy action. Sure, if I'm looking at a save screen in-game my FPS will be 200 as well, but that isn't reasl world gaming.
The only way we will know what this game is about is if the triple monitor issues are corrected.

Then we can talk about IQ and Frame rate. But honestly, anything over 60 FPS is just e-penis talk, you can't tell the difference anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next