Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 15:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: My Choice
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 05:07 

Mass Effect 2

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 10:56 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]
Don't get too excited, seems like the hack has trouble keeping the new FoV in place, and the dialog wheel/menus etc. are still Vert-, give the man some time.

Did you manually specify the Eyefinity X-axis resolution in the Engine.ini? I'm wondering because I can get the FOV altered in game, if I keep the resolution 1680x1050...but all I get is the startup vids at Eyefinity, and the menu is still wonky like BioWare left it.

No probs, I'm just excited after waiting years for someone to finally fix BioWare's screwup. :onethumb

No, no matter what I tried, the menus were still vert-.

That fix is veeeeerryyy old! Way older than this thread and even older than the previous Mass Effect thread. Hayden has another fix which is not released out yet! ;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:thelolotov
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 14:22 
Editors
Editors

[quote][quote][quote]
Don't get too excited, seems like the hack has trouble keeping the new FoV in place, and the dialog wheel/menus etc. are still Vert-, give the man some time.

Did you manually specify the Eyefinity X-axis resolution in the Engine.ini? I'm wondering because I can get the FOV altered in game, if I keep the resolution 1680x1050...but all I get is the startup vids at Eyefinity, and the menu is still wonky like BioWare left it.

No probs, I'm just excited after waiting years for someone to finally fix BioWare's screwup. :onethumb

No, no matter what I tried, the menus were still vert-.

That fix is veeeeerryyy old! Way older than this thread and even older than the previous Mass Effect thread. Hayden has another fix which is not released out yet! ;))

I'm not sure why he'd add an old fix to a new program if he's working on his own...

Post subject: +1 to mass-effect.
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 19:39 
Insiders
Insiders

+1 to mass-effect.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 19:51 
Insiders
Insiders

First off want to say HaYDeN you are da man, thanks for all your work, Alice is insane in 3 screen.

Been following this site for a long time had issues making a account but I finally have, and just in time.

My list would be:

- Mini Ninjas (I love this game)
- Dark Void
- Dark Spore
- Mass Effect 1 & 2
- Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 (menu fix, its not usable in 3 screen)
- Front Mission Evolved
- Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale

I would gladly pay $100 for each fix.

Thanks

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 06:54 

Bulletstorm please, so i can finally play through singleplayer without black bars on a 16:10 screen

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 08:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Mass Effect series is the clear winner...

Just to clarify - The Mass Effect patch in Flawless Widescreen has been in there since its initial release, It has not been touched and it is not playable nor worth even trying, that's not the fix I speak of.

I haven't had any time to do much with FW at the moment, I'll release it shortly, but no ETA.

I've added the majority of titles people have mentioned to my list of "investigation"

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 12:30 

Silent Hunter III is IMHO the best of the series. Unfortunately, it is difficult to run at resolutions above 1024x768.

I've searched everywhere on the net for a way to solve the dread "Can not initialize 3D engine" problem.
From what I've read, this seems tied to the graphics card's refresh rate. Eg. 60Hz.
Unfortunately, the ATI 5970 appears to sport a refresh rate of 59.9Hz - apparently triggering the message "Can not initialize 3D engine."

There are a lot of queries on the net about this one.
No apparent solutions (that I have found from several hours searching).

I'd love to see you add this into the Flawless Widescreen Tool, HaYDeN.
I am trying to run this SH3 at 6048x1200 resolution. I'm using the steam version of the game.

Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Triplehammer wrote:Amon
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 10:23 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote]HaYDeN: I don't know if you will see this post or care lol, but would Freelancer be a possibility? Loved that oldschool style space shooter. And I know there is a solution out, but I only liked playing on 3rd person view, and the current solution forces you to play 1st person.

Jason's Freelancer Patch includes a widescreen fix that is much better than the .ini fix:

http://adoxa.110mb.com/freelancer/index.html

Will it allow me to play it on 3rd person camera?

If so, YOU ARE AWESOME.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 20:58 

My vote goes for Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next