Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Oct 2024, 00:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2005, 04:02 
Insiders
Insiders

I just wrote out a complete solution here. You can help me out by confirming or unconfirming the long list of unconfirmed games. However, I like having solid evidence before saying something is confirmed or not, so please follow these instructions very precisely:

Make sure the game is not installed on your system, and there are no config files for it left over. Install the game, but do NOT change any settings yet. Launch the game, and change the resolution to a standard 4:3 resolution with the vertical resolution closest to your favorite widescreen resolution. For example, if you usually play your games in 1280x800, set it to 1024x768.

When you have control over your character, get into a good position for a comparison screenshot. Criteria for this are:
Distinct features on all four edges of the screen
Easily reproduceable (a non-issue if the game supports quicksaving)
Non-interruptable (anything with bad guys in the distance is bad, so are cut-scene shots)

Also, make sure you are looking straight forward, not one degree up or down. I'm pretty sure you can assign "look straight ahead" to a button in each Unreal engine game. Now take a screenshot.

Next, follow my Widescreen Solution thread to the letter. At the first sign of trouble, quit the solution, and post, telling me exactly why the solution can't be followed to the letter, no matter how obvious a work-around may be. But if all goes well, you should be able to take a second screenshot, but in widescreen.

When you have both screenshots, post both of them. For each screenshot, type the resolution it was running at AND the FOV. If you do all this right and the second screenshot reflects an increase in horizontal coverage, congratulations! You have confirmed the game.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2006, 12:48 

never mind what I posted before. I got this to work perfectly with Postal 2