Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 11:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2006, 19:09 

Hi All this is my first post here, hopefuly this thread is in the right place. I have done some searches and have not found any solutions so far. First off here are my specs: Athlon 64 4000, 2x BFG 7800GTX OC in SLI, 2 Gigs OCZ 2-2-2-5 Ram, SoundBlaster X-fi platinum. The new monitor: The Dell 2405fpw Ver. A05. I just got it yesterday so I was surprised it wasn't an A06. Is there much difference between the two? Should I return it just based on that alone? Next I am having trouble getting my game of choice BF2 to play at all. The best picture I can get the game to run at is 1024x768 stretched with AA at 4x and AF at 8x or 1600x1200 with no AA or AF and black bars on either side. I tried the shortcut hack at 1920x1200 but it just craashes to desk top or freezes during map load. Shouldn't my rig be able to play this a little better? Is there any settings I am not changing that I should? What am I doing wrong? Any help you experts have would be awesome! My first couple of days as a widescreen owner has not been very good! ( I bought the 2405 not the 2407 because I got it for a great price, did think I was getting a A06 though) :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 04:20 

:oops: Sorry all, I obviously picked the wrong forums to try and get some help. I guess I will try somewhere else. Maybe the Dell forums. Thanks anyway I had heard these were the forums to get your problems solved but I guess that isn't so.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 05:28 

hey now. chill out.

not everyone knows answers, and honestly you picked the most unstable game to try out the "hack" BF2 is probably the game that I have that crashs more than windows itself...

The hack worked for me...what version are you running?

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 08:00 
Editors
Editors

Also a suggestion to get an answer faster is to make the title of the topic more clear.
"New Monitor" doesn't discribe your topic really good.
If you for instance made it "Difference between Dell 2405 Revisions" it would attract more people who know something about this particular type of monitor.

Then when you attracted people to your thread you should try to make the post more clear.
Now you have typed everything in one big piece.
When you make seperate sentences and divide the two problems it makes it easier to read.

Here is how i should have posted it:

Hi All this is my first post here, hopefuly this thread is in the right place.

I have done some searches and have not found any solutions so far.

First off here are my specs: Athlon 64 4000, 2x BFG 7800GTX OC in SLI, 2 Gigs OCZ 2-2-2-5 Ram, SoundBlaster X-fi platinum.
The new monitor: The Dell 2405fpw Ver. A05. I just got it yesterday so I was surprised it wasn't an A06.
Is there much difference between the two? Should I return it just based on that alone?

Next I am having trouble getting my game of choice BF2 to play at all.
The best picture I can get the game to run at is 1024x768 stretched with AA at 4x and AF at 8x or 1600x1200 with no AA or AF and black bars on either side. I tried the shortcut hack at 1920x1200 but it just craashes to desk top or freezes during map load.
Shouldn't my rig be able to play this a little better? Is there any settings I am not changing that I should? What am I doing wrong?

Any help you experts have would be awesome! My first couple of days as a widescreen owner has not been very good!
( I bought the 2405 not the 2407 because I got it for a great price, did think I was getting a A06 though)

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 16:38 
Editors
Editors

Steefy is right. trying to read that makes my eyes hurt.

Were you playing it on a non-widescreen monitor before you got the new wiedscreen? If so then that's your problem...

IF not;

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1030

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 17:11 
Editors
Editors

Hey there,

I edited you post title so that it (hopefully) reflects the topic better. :)

If I'd gone purely on the title, I'd have assumed this was a thread about a problem with hardware, and moved it to Hardware Discussions. ;)

If you've upgraded and had BF2 installed before, you need to delete your video.con file (or whatever it's called, I don't own the game) to get it happy again...