Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 20:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 15:23 

Hello everyone, i dont know if this is the correct forum. I just test played Battlefield 3 and had a inviterview with the Executive producer.

I asked if Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround would be supported and he confirmed it will have the SAME support as Bad company 2 which we all know was excellent :)

Will post confirmation later ;)

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 17:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, and they're also making sure the game is made from the start to use rendering that is friendly to being split with AFR for SLI/Xfire so scaling will amazing.

I wish more devs payed attention to the platform that could make their games shine.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 10:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Lovely.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 13:26 

BC 2 crashes all the time with triple screen resolutions, they know about it and knowingly never fixed it, i wont be buying BF3 until i know for sure that it is stable.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 13:47 
Insiders
Insiders

BC 2 crashes all the time with triple screen resolutions, they know about it and knowingly never fixed it, i wont be buying BF3 until i know for sure that it is stable.

Well to be fair, they did fix that problem, just that the patch has never been realized.

I blame EA. They're a nice scapegoat.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 13:57 

[quote]BC 2 crashes all the time with triple screen resolutions, they know about it and knowingly never fixed it, i wont be buying BF3 until i know for sure that it is stable.

Well to be fair, they did fix that problem, just that the patch has never been realized.

I blame EA. They're a nice scapegoat.

Man you have been saying that but there is no proof that R11 exists or that it fixes triple screen resolutions, i think you are just trolling everyone in the other thread, im sorry.

Im not asking you to post the patch, just post a picture of the build number of your client for proof.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 14:15 
Administrators
Administrators

If they have already confirmed support why is this in the lobbying forum, it only needs to be here if there is no support and we want to lobby the developers for support.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 17:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Where do they display the client build number? I'm looking as the game loads but can't see anything.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 18:45 

Where do they display the client build number? I'm looking as the game loads but can't see anything.

Right before the main menu displays there is a screen with the BF BC 2 logo, bottom right corner has your client version i believe, i might be wrong though...

Thanks for trying to provide some proof :)

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 18:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Hrm, it shows nothing. Maybe they don't bother to tag specific builds that aren't being released. I just have an exe made specifically to test the triple wide fix.