Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 10:41 

Thanks for the guide! One question tho: My side monitor is 21.7", would forcing the EDID to make it 22" be a greater risk?

As you can read in the first post, I also increased the size in the EDID of my Samsungs from 24" to 25.3". There is no additional risk in doing this. That doesn't mean this procedure is without risk, as you can read in the post above from thatdude90210.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 17:42 

Does the temporary EDID change work to enable bezel management?
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17635

My setup has the same issue of 3 monitors that are physically the same size, but in the EDID 2 of them are reporting their full physical and 1 of them is reporting just its screen size. (thereby causing no bezel management options to appear)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 18:35 
Insiders
Insiders

Does the temporary EDID change work to enable bezel management?

My setup has the same issue of 3 monitors that are physically the same size, but in the EDID 2 of them are reporting their full physical and 1 of them is reporting just its screen size. (thereby causing no bezel management options to appear)

It was in the first post.

I started my EDID update quest by using the Phoenix & MonInfo tools to generate an updated INF file (as described in this thread: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17635). Unfortunately, this did not work for me. It seems that the ATI drivers - at least the code that determines if bezel compensation can be enabled - completely ignore the EDID override in the registry. Strange thing is though that I have read reports on the internet of people that did get this to work to activate bezel compensation. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 19:52 

[quote]Does the temporary EDID change work to enable bezel management?

It was in the first post.

I started my EDID update quest by using the Phoenix & MonInfo tools to generate an updated INF file (as described in this thread: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17635). Unfortunately, this did not work for me. It seems that the ATI drivers - at least the code that determines if bezel compensation can be enabled - completely ignore the EDID override in the registry. Strange thing is though that I have read reports on the internet of people that did get this to work to activate bezel compensation. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

You're right, sorry, I just missed that part. I just tried myself as well, generated the override EDID, but just like on his setup it seems the ATI drivers ignore what Windows thinks and still refused to enable bezel management. I'm not going to risk changing the EDID on the monitor itself, so hopefully the final version of the driver will come with a 'override' of some kind that will make the driver enable bezel management with a warning that it might not look right if the monitors truly ARE a different size.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 05:37 

I finally decided it was worth the risk, and it was! Works perfectly TY!

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 11:21 

I finally decided it was worth the risk, and it was! Works perfectly TY!

I am glad somebody else was willing to take the risk and actually made it work :rockout.

Did you run into any other problems that other people might help, like how to remove the readonly flag from your monitor EDID's?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 03:03 

[quote]I finally decided it was worth the risk, and it was! Works perfectly TY!

I am glad somebody else was willing to take the risk and actually made it work :rockout.

Did you run into any other problems that other people might help, like how to remove the readonly flag from your monitor EDID's?

No only got the "Missing EEPROM" error, and all i did was slap in my 9800gtx and flash it from there. Guess I was lucky then, eh?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 12:43 

Is there any chance that ATI will release 10.3 with without EDID checking? With my "great" luck I'm pretty sure I'll kill one of my monitors cuz of EDID changing.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 11:12 

I've been hassling them to fix this in the proper 10.3 release, but never get a response. I guess we'll see later today...

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 02:15 

My Eyefinity Bezel Management now works! Thx!

I did a slightly different way: First I used Phoenix EDID Viewer. Read out the Monitor's EDID info from Registry! Click edit, adjust screen size to your needs, save as .dat. Then go to MonInfo, load the .dat, Create .INF and finally install the .inf driver for your monitor.

I had to log out of windows and delete my Eyefinity config before the CCC would let me setup Bezel Management!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next