Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 15:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: 20 May 2010, 13:43 

10.4 and 1.4 a seem to re-break the problems the problems that were solved with ccc10, lol. 10.4 runs for about 2 min and my DP monitor crashes.. 10.4a runs for about 10min and crashes my dp monitor.. 10.3, never have to restart or unplug my DP monitor :D

OK, exact the same as my problem then (with DP adapter) .. Even the intervals are the same.. No real crashing though, but flashing :mrgreen:

Tanshin, are you the one that polled in http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=19299&p=192177#p192177 that you have flashing problems with DP monitor?
Someone wanted confirmation..

PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 10:34 

Aight the 1 AMP Kodak thingy is installed, I'll let ya know how that works out.

Nope, still have flashing although it seems to happen less, but it still shuts off completely sometimes and I have to unhook/hook back up the USB cable.

PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 11:13 

[quote]Aight the 1 AMP Kodak thingy is installed, I'll let ya know how that works out.

Nope, still have flashing although it seems to happen less, but it still shuts off completely sometimes and I have to unhook/hook back up the USB cable.

spammeister, am i correct that you also only have this problems with 10.4 and that 10.3 everything worked correctly (no flashing)??

I did search for this in one of your older post an you stated you updated your system BIOS, you didn't mean your 5870 card BIOS did you?

Also, i received my 1000mA adapter and going to try it with 10.4. I'm afraid i already know the outcome :cry:

PostPosted: 21 May 2010, 14:48 

There issues started when I first went from 10.3(b?) to the 10.4 preview/betas. Then I tried the 10.5 betas and then I went back (total uninstall/reinstall) to the 10.4 preview.

10.4 fixed the banding in WoW, so I can live with the blanking.

My original Sapphire 5870 I bought in Oct had the fan crap out so I exchanged it (thank god for brick and mortar stores) for a newer one.

I updated the BIOS of my ASUS M3A32-MVP back last year to the newest BIOS (no new BIOS' since then).

Both cards have the exact same BIOS even though they were manufactured in Sept and Feb respectfully. This was after the 10.4's were installed, and they both suffer exactly the same ailment.

If the screen blanks off and doesn't come back on, i alt-tab to the desktop, unplug the usb cable and plug it back in...15 seconds later it's working again for a couple hours or so. Doesn't work so good if i'm in a game and unplug it.

PostPosted: 22 May 2010, 18:38 

[quote]10.4 and 1.4 a seem to re-break the problems the problems that were solved with ccc10, lol. 10.4 runs for about 2 min and my DP monitor crashes.. 10.4a runs for about 10min and crashes my dp monitor.. 10.3, never have to restart or unplug my DP monitor :D

OK, exact the same as my problem then (with DP adapter) .. Even the intervals are the same.. No real crashing though, but flashing :mrgreen:

Tanshin, are you the one that polled in http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=19299&p=192177#p192177 that you have flashing problems with DP monitor?
Someone wanted confirmation..

Yes, I polled flashing with DP.

Also, I've found that in 10.3 after a few days. my dp monitor started blinking.... So I turned off Eyefinity and re-enabled it and I'm back to no flashing again..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7