Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 08:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2010, 21:25 

Hi all! I have an MSI R5870 card driving 3 x 23" monitors. I do have the latest (Catalyst 10.6 drivers installed) I have profiles that will activate easily a 1) 3x1 Eyefinity profile (all in landscape mode), 2) a 3-monitor extended display (1 center main monitor and a single extended display to the left and a single extended display to the right (3 in total)), as well as 3) a single monitor running in landscape mode. However, I cannot run a single monitor in portrait mode at all!

I follow the instructions provided by AMD: "Click on “Graphics” and the “Desktop and Displays”. Right-click the desired monitor to rotate, select the rotate option. Follow the instructions on screen." but there is never a time that "rotate" appears for me to select. Help!! What am I missing here?

At one point I DID have a single monitor running in portrait mode, but that was at least a couple months and driver updates ago. Thanks.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010, 19:49 

Unplug the monitors and swap around the cables to each.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 23:49 

Swapping the cables did not work.