Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 08:25 
Editors
Editors

I hate to start a new thread, because I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find anything on it to save my life.

I got my 6850 today, and while Catalyst has given me very little trouble as far as setting up Eyefinity goes, I am unable to enable bezel management. I remember something about AMD disallowing it if the screen sizes in the EDID didn't all match, I have a 21 inch Acer, and 2 19 inch Acers, and while I could stick one of my other 19 inch monitors in here, it would look HORRIBLY mismatched, as I purchased these three monitors because they were part of the same model line, and look identical.

I'm not averse to flashing the EDID or losing a little resolution (21 incher is 1600 x 900, 19 inchers are 1440 x 900) but I have got to do it with these monitors.

Anyone know how to get bezel management working with these monitors?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if there's another thread on this.

Post subject: Moved.
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 18:24 
Editors
Editors

Moved. :)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011, 19:13 
Founder
Founder

Bezel Management in Eyefinity requires three identical monitors

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011, 19:44 
Editors
Editors

I understand that, but this is the WSGF, it was my understanding that we like to get around arbitrary restrictions, ;]

I dug a little deeper, and found some old threads that suggested using an EDID registry override, which doesn't seem to work for anyone, and certainly didn't work for me, :

Flashing the EDID didn't work either.

I'm guessing nobody else has any tricks?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 02:20 

Doesn't need to be completely identical anymore. But darn close.

My array has 2 Acers and one Asus. But all are 1680x1050, all are 22" diagonal, and all have very similar bezel widths. With Catalyst 11.4 and before, I had to bypass Catalyst to get Bezel compensation...by configuring BC, at which point Catalyst config would crash, then going back and setting my Eyefinity setup (without BC), hitting Apply, and then going through the Windows "Resolution" context menu on the desktop and selecting the BD Eyefinity resolution there. And BAM. Worked like a charm. With newer drivers, Catalyst doesn't care that my panels are made by different manufacturers and are not EDID identical.

Post subject: Skripka wrote:Ibrin
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 09:39 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Bezel Management in Eyefinity requires three identical monitors

Doesn't need to be completely identical anymore. But darn close.

My array has 2 Acers and one Asus. But all are 1680x1050, all are 22" diagonal, and all have very similar bezel widths. With Catalyst 11.4 and before, I had to bypass Catalyst to get Bezel compensation...by configuring BC, at which point Catalyst config would crash, then going back and setting my Eyefinity setup (without BC), hitting Apply, and then going through the Windows "Resolution" context menu on the desktop and selecting the BD Eyefinity resolution there. And BAM. Worked like a charm. With newer drivers, Catalyst doesn't care that my panels are made by different manufacturers and are not EDID identical.

Glad to hear you're doing better than I am, but didn't work for me... thanks though!