Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 17:00 

I been fortunate to be able to test Eyefinity for a few days with a couple of 24" displays before I actually get down to make my final purchase for a nice wrap around setup. So I am experiencing Eyefinity really for the very first time. WoW! Takes time to adjust. Plan is to really use this setup for flight simulation but also for work.

So let me ask, is there some way to set up the system where one can easily go to/from an "Eyefinity mode" back to a "standard" mode (for lack of a better term). Opening windows, websites, emails, etc. are all so stretched and it's a bit cumbersome to have to keep resizing everything. Can one setup a batch file, profiles or something to easily switch back and forth when not gaming?

thanks,

Clutch

P.S - like the new setup but seems refreshing screens or moving about the forums takes a long load time? Also, I see no way to be instantly notified by email on responses. Usually see this option on the bottom when creating threads. Or am I just blind? THx.

Post subject: You don't need to
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 17:55 

You don't need to "deactivate" Eyefinity. Just hop on ATI's driver website, you want to download an extra package called HydraGrid. You can set it up however you want so that the "maximize" button snaps the windows to preset sizes.

For example in the below screencap of my current desktop, All I did to get those windows to that size was to hit the maximize button. Not that the gaps between windows are my monitor bezels. Hydragrid by default looks for the bezel breaks and maximizes windows to the bezels.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 19:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Though putting one of those Hydragrid-enabled windows to fullscreen will still fill you entire Eyefinity desktop... At least, that was my experience.. Unfortunately, saved Eyefinity presets haven't been loading for me since the 11.2 drivers, so I've in EF mode pretty much all the time, now. If you've no need for fullscreen, then Hydragrid is the way to go.

Yes, the forums have been a bit slow, as of late, but that's no real surprise. For a site-move, the transition had been relatively painless. Form my end, that is - I'm sure there's more to it than msot realise...

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 21:15 

Sounds like just what I was looking for. I will give 'er a go. thx!

Clutch

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2011, 14:36 
Editors
Editors

way to complicated ^^ just set everything like you want it for Normal, and then go to "Preset" and "Add Preset" then in right Top there is the "Settings" Button click "Hotkeys" and in Dropdown switch to Hotkeys for: "Catalyst Control Center" and there you should find your Presets, for me i have 3 Presets:
Eyefinity, 2 Screens, 3 Screens. Which i can choose with CTRL+Shift+0/9/8.

Works fine for me with CCC11.6