Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 02:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 12:03 
Editors
Editors

Do I need to break out the banhammer on someone, Tamlin?

It seems rather foolhardy to attack those people who are here voluntarily to both gather information from and give information to this community. :)

Sunsp*t, Dave Baumann... quick question if I may. Haven't been keeping atop this thread 100% recently - have you mentioned (or can you mention) whether CrossFire and EyeFinity are going to be playing nicely together soon? I'm presuming it'll work for the release of the 5870X2. And the issue of bezel management; any sort of ETA on when that could make an appearance?

As for the issue of Portrait-Landscape-Portrait... it is a feature obviously desired by quite a few people here, and would add another feature that increased EyeFinity's desirability over that of TripleHead - aside from that of expanded resolution support. Although I will agree that it adds an extra layer of complexity.

If you would be so kind, what are the features 'pending' for EyeFinity in order of what you consider most important to least important?

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 22:40 

[quote][quote]Mod edit: Post deleted. Reason: extremely flaming.

This is your one warning.

We have come to a very sad day. When you cannot even voice your own opinion, because the world wants to live in a pink lemonade society and not succumb to the realities of things.

Play on.

May i refresh your memory?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

Eyefinity isn't the only option. There is SoftTH, MView, TH2Go and maybe even a nVidia GT300 version of the technology. People can pick the technology that best suits their needs.

Well I certainly apologize about the imbicle comment, but I am a bit emotional on the subject. Having a sweet setup like I have, you can certainly see where I would get upset when somebody tells me its redundant!

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 01:33 

Well I certainly apologize about the imbicle comment, but I am a bit emotional on the subject. Having a sweet setup like I have, you can certainly see where I would get upset when somebody tells me its redundant!

I understand. I usually fly into murderous rages when people make fun of my mailbox.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 09:19 

I understand. I usually fly into murderous rages when people make fun of my mailbox.

lol, well I just have to hold out hope that they can support PLP with drivers eventually. When they do, I will most likely buy in unless nvidia beats them to the punch, which is doubtful.

If they don't well then I am going to just wait for the most powerful GPU like I always do.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 16:02 
Editors
Editors

Do I need to break out the banhammer on someone, Tamlin?

Seems the message got through, so I suggest we'll just let bygones be bygones. :)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 11:30 

have you mentioned (or can you mention) whether CrossFire and EyeFinity are going to be playing nicely together soon? I'm presuming it'll work for the release of the 5870X2. And the issue of bezel management; any sort of ETA on when that could make an appearance?

As for the issue of Portrait-Landscape-Portrait... it is a feature obviously desired by quite a few people here...

If you would be so kind, what are the features 'pending' for EyeFinity in order of what you consider most important to least important?

CF & EF will be nice with each other and relatively soon. For legal reasons I can't give you a date. DaveB, who manages the 5800 series cards will prolly be the first to give you an update when that happens.

Bezel management will also be relatively soon.

pLp I have commented earlier on the whys of the when and if.

There is a long list of features to add for EF, which I won't reveal for competitive and legal reasons. I hope you understand. Also at some point I am going to have to stop feature development of EF1 to shift architects and engineers onto EF2. That won't happen for several months yet, but it will happen at some point. Eyefinity is going to be incredibly rich when all is said and done, but it will take some time.

Eyefinity is the first big step on the road to the Holodeck.
I am not kidding.

SunSp*t

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 12:01 
Editors
Editors

CF & EF will be nice with each other and relatively soon. For legal reasons I can't give you a date. DaveB, who manages the 5800 series cards will prolly be the first to give you an update when that happens.

Bezel management will also be relatively soon.

pLp I have commented earlier on the whys of the when and if.

There is a long list of features to add for EF, which I won't reveal for competitive and legal reasons. I hope you understand. Also at some point I am going to have to stop feature development of EF1 to shift architects and engineers onto EF2. That won't happen for several months yet, but it will happen at some point. Eyefinity is going to be incredibly rich when all is said and done, but it will take some time.

Eyefinity is the first big step on the road to the Holodeck.
I am not kidding.

SunSp*t

:) Yes, I figured legal issues would do that. Still, it can't hurt to ask. ;) Waiting (semi) patiently for an update on CF+EF. :)

Is EF2 going to be backwardly compatible with EF1?

As for the holodeck, hm... I think 3dfx were the first step on that road, but I understand your point. :)

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 05:14 

Eyefinity is going to be incredibly rich when all is said and done, but it will take some time.
SunSp*t

Back in 2002 when I first purchased a Matrox Parhelia video card to drive three screens, I was thinking, "We're almost there!" I had no idea that 7 years later, we'd just be introduced to the next single device solution post-Parhelia.

Glad ATI has finally decided to dive in.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 07:30 

Is it just me that thinks Sunsp*t is trying to get credit for "inventing" something that´s already been around for years? A lot of us here have been using multi monitor configurations for a very long time, surround gaming included. Honestly, what´s so new and inventive about Eyefinity?

Better performance, sure. But if that´s the only real news with this I think you could go work for Lamborghini and "invent" the back seat too...

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 08:45 
Insiders
Insiders

Eyefinity is the first big step on the road to the Holodeck. I am not kidding.

SunSp*t

I'm already aware of that considering my 180 degree projection system will be working as of this week. I could do 360 if I had deeper pockets to get 3 more projectors, but hell, 180 degree projection is awesome as is. :lol:

Now if I could only get a 6-port card so I can later expand my "Holodeck" setup. If we're borrowing Star Trek terms, I think it's more Voyager "Astrometrics" or Enterprise-E "Stellar Cartography" though. :wink:

Stellar Cartography:

Astrometrics:

Running Eve Online will look exactly like that Stellar Cartography pic from the Enterprise-E with just triple head circular projection. :shock:

It requires Sol7 to projector edge blend and circular screen pre-warp though. Sol7 and EyeFinity are complimentary products. It would be good to make sure the hobby/non-commercial version of Sol7 works with EyeFinity. Point of contact for Sol7 would be Alex Streit [email protected] and Andy Boud [email protected] at ImmersaView. It would be nice if you could maintain compatability with Sol7 and EyeFinity. Maintaining compatability would address almost all projector based EyeFinity shortcomings without having to intergrate new features into drivers. Then again, if you want to intergrate all of that into the drivers themselves, that'd be wonderful too. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 72  Next