Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 03:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009, 01:04 
Insiders
Insiders

what about this one guys ?

http://www.kanexlive.com/products/item.aspx?id=3495

Should work, looks a lot like the Apple one but to HDMI. That would be good for my future x2 which only has mini-DP. Cheers

I asked:
I am from a forum that are looking for ACTIVE displayport to HDMI/DVI adaptors. This is for the new ATi video cards which can run PC games across 3 screens. The DP out on these cards does not have the clock which allows the use of passive HDMI/DVI adaptors and has to use an active adaptor such as this:
http://www.amazon.com/Accell-UltraAV-B087B-002B-DisplayPort-Dual-Link/dp/B002ISVI3U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254420956&sr=8-3-spell.
The Apple mini-DP to Dual Link DVI adaptor also works, with the USB providing power and clock timing. Would your product work (mini-DP to HDMI with audio)? Or does the USB ONLY provide the audio to the HDMI rather than the clock?

They said:
The Kanex Mini DP adapter w/ Digital audio uses the USB for it to power it
up. The Kanex Mini DP adapter w/ USB audio uses the USB to power the adapter
as well as outputs analog/stereo audio through the HDMI port.

Thank You,

Kanex Live
Tech Support
So I don't know if it will work LOL, buyer beware ;)

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009, 22:24 

I feel that I should warn that the service isn't very good with sewelldirect.com. A week after ordering it isn't sent yet and could be a couple more days. They already sent one to someone else in Australia with a later order number than mine which means first come first served means nothing to them.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 03:50 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]what about this one guys ?

http://www.kanexlive.com/products/item.aspx?id=3495

Should work, looks a lot like the Apple one but to HDMI. That would be good for my future x2 which only has mini-DP. Cheers

I asked:
I am from a forum that are looking for ACTIVE displayport to HDMI/DVI adaptors. This is for the new ATi video cards which can run PC games across 3 screens. The DP out on these cards does not have the clock which allows the use of passive HDMI/DVI adaptors and has to use an active adaptor such as this:
http://www.amazon.com/Accell-UltraAV-B087B-002B-DisplayPort-Dual-Link/dp/B002ISVI3U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254420956&sr=8-3-spell.
The Apple mini-DP to Dual Link DVI adaptor also works, with the USB providing power and clock timing. Would your product work (mini-DP to HDMI with audio)? Or does the USB ONLY provide the audio to the HDMI rather than the clock?

They said:
The Kanex Mini DP adapter w/ Digital audio uses the USB for it to power it
up. The Kanex Mini DP adapter w/ USB audio uses the USB to power the adapter
as well as outputs analog/stereo audio through the HDMI port.

Thank You,

Kanex Live
Tech Support
So I don't know if it will work LOL, buyer beware ;)

I sent another inquiry to Kanex tonight to have them elaborate on the adapter. I specifically asked them if it actively transcodes a DP signal to HDMI using a powered chip in the adapter. Hopefully they'll have an answer tomorrow for me via email.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 08:16 

hey guys...i found another DP to dual DVI adaptor made by HP..

Check it out...looks pricey though...around 125 euro...and still not sure if it works...

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ie/en/sm/WF06c/A1-329290-64265-3965876-3965876-3929966-3929969.html

tis funny..here is another hp link with the usb powered plug

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06c/A10-51210-64265-3965876-64265-3929966-3929967-3929969.html

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 11:21 

found some more interesting information....

you might notice on the ati website that they have some comments regarding PC's with the FIrePro or workstation type gpu's and how the cards can be found in selected dells...yer...'

also, i found a spec sheet on a firepro card its states that the DP to Dual link DVI is avaliable as an acessory...its nice of them to tell us this up front now isnt it....and do the firepro people get told straight up to use this bit of kit whereas the poor old gamers just get forgotton??...aaaw

http://www.jozun.com/bulletin/V7750.pdf

actually if you do a nicely refined search minusing mini and apple you will come across all the high nvidia quadro and ati varieties all pointing to a HP or Dell adaptor...avaliable as accessories...

:D

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 16:59 

That HP Looks like the Bizlink/Dell/that other company I cant remember one, except its cables seem a bit longer but the case is identical.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 13:20 

Hi Guys

I can confirm I have tested the Display Port to DVI adaptors we sell here and none of them work with 3 screens enabled, I have contacted ATI to find out if we can get hold of the powered Display Port adaptors so if / when they get back to me I will let you know :D

Cheers

Ben

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 14:27 
Editors
Editors

Damn, when I saw you'd posted, Ben, I was hoping it was a "We Have Proper Active Adaptors In Stock!" announcement. ;)

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 20:55 

Well its not all bad news, ATI have responded to my email it has been forwarded to their R&D department and they are looking into availabilty of the DP Powered Adaptors for UK customers so we can use them in our 3XS systems....we have a system going into review soon and if ATI can come up with a supplier for us we will be able to offer the Eyefinity 3XS System we are hoping for...

I have also emailed this exact thread to them so they can see how diusgruntled the majority of us are with the lack of these DP Adaptors in the UK

watch this space !

But not this weekend as I am having a well deserved weekend off :D

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 21:18 
Editors
Editors

That's good. Pity that it's taking so long, but hey we can't have everything. I frequently think that the UK is some weird sort of technological backwater when it comes to some devices.

Enjoy your weekend off! ;) :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next