Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 10:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 09:58 

Ok, I've connected up my displayport monitor and have been playing games, switching eyefinity on and off, surfing the internet and watching video, for the last 4hrs.

The monitor has not shown a fault once.

I have NEVER managed to stay in triple screen mode this long before.

I hate to say it, but it seems that the problem lies with a combination of DP to DVI adapter and certain displays. Clearly it works for some people, but not for others.

I don't think the adaptor or monitor is to blame (just a hunch).

for reference I'm using windows 7 (64 bit) and CCC 9.10.

I see that they have just updated the website to version 9.11

I will keep you posted if anything changes.

UPDATE: just tried CCC 9.11 and everything is still ok

wardtuk...are you selling the DP adapter ??? :wink:

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 10:20 

[quote]Ok, I've connected up my displayport monitor and have been playing games, switching eyefinity on and off, surfing the internet and watching video, for the last 4hrs.

The monitor has not shown a fault once.

I have NEVER managed to stay in triple screen mode this long before.

I hate to say it, but it seems that the problem lies with a combination of DP to DVI adapter and certain displays. Clearly it works for some people, but not for others.

I don't think the adaptor or monitor is to blame (just a hunch).

for reference I'm using windows 7 (64 bit) and CCC 9.10.

I see that they have just updated the website to version 9.11

I will keep you posted if anything changes.

UPDATE: just tried CCC 9.11 and everything is still ok

wardtuk...are you selling the DP adapter ??? :wink:

As I no longer require it, yes.
If you're interested, let me know. I live in the UK, so depending on where you live, it could be expensive to ship.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 11:30 

As I no longer require it, yes.
If you're interested, let me know. I live in the UK, so depending on where you live, it could be expensive to ship.

Venice, Italy...make a price including shipping costs and I'll let you know ;)

thank you
Roberto

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009, 17:15 

Bump!

What happened? Anybody try Eyefinity with a 5970 yet? It comes with a minidisplayport interface and a full displayport adapter, I have no idea if this will confuse the setup enough to actually work, or not. Got one on order, I'll let you know what happens...

I brought our enlightened discussion to the attention of Dave Baumann, ATI development engineer who frequented this board until recently, so far no reply.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 22:20 

I am also having this issue but it is pretty constant for me. If I run 5870 x 1200, the monitor connected to the DP->DVI-D adapter (Dell/Bizlink active adapter) will flicker on and off. It actually stays off most of the time. Sometimes, if it is on, it will display tears through the screen. I have tested this with 4 different 24" monitors.

If I lower the resolution to 3840 x 1024 it does not have any issues. It can run all day at that resolution.

That is hardly playable as the screens are stretched a bit and the color is off. I have tried plugging the adapter into a USB wall power source with no luck. I have also tried many different DVI-D Dual Link cables ranging from 4' to 10'.

Nothing seems to be fixing this problem! I understand this is new technology and these are the consequences of being an early adopter, but it is a tad frustrating. I feel like I get so close to the solution but nothing works.

Has anyone out there found a reliable solution for this?

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 22:25 
Administrators
Administrators

I only run at 5040x1050 but don't have this problem with the Apple adapter.

Do you know anyone that you can borrow another DP-DVI adapter from in a different brand?

Alternatively, buying a DP monitor can cure all problems, AFAIK.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2009, 00:22 

I only run at 5040x1050 but don't have this problem with the Apple adapter.

Do you know anyone that you can borrow another DP-DVI adapter from in a different brand?

Alternatively, buying a DP monitor can cure all problems, AFAIK.

I have heard that the Apple adapter came be more problematic with certain setups. I may have received a faulty adapter from Dell. I will be RMA'ing the adapter to see if fixes the issue.

I would love to buy a DP monitor, but the lowest price for a 24" is around $500. I bought these for $300 a piece.

I was wondering, if/when ATI enables crossfire support for eyefinity, do you think you could do triple DVI setups (2 on 1 card/1 on the other)?

It seems like it work. If that is the case I would just order another 5870.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2009, 01:26 
Insiders
Insiders

From what Dave B said that is very unlikely, EF will only work through the primary card (which I think will put the nail in EF+Hydra's coffin sadly). However your best bet is to try with a DP to VGA which is said to work in another thread.

For me the Apple is working but it is temperamental often dropping to 1600x1200 res with the other mons staying at 1920... pull out USB power and replug sorts that though.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2009, 01:28 

However your best bet is to try with a DP to VGA which is said to work in another thread.

I could definitely try that. Does VGA support 1920x1200?

EDIT: Support greater than QXGA (2048x1536) resolution at 24-bit color depths

I think the product description answered my question. Reading FTW.

I just put in my order. I'll let you know how it works.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2009, 01:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Good luck :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 48  Next