Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 07:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 19:05 

[quote]I don't understand isn't that the same adapter they used at an event to show eyefinity. How long is an event like that did they not have any problems. Did they not test adapters at all.

Could be that it's a monitor compatibility issue with the Bizlink adapter. I and some others don't have any issues at all with the Bizlink adapter. I'm using an xfx 5870 (bought at launch week), Bizlink adapter (from early October), and an Asus vw266h, with no blinking issues. I haven't seen it in 2D or Eyefinity mode.

Well it should be here in a little bit so I will update when I get it running.

I am using a XFX 5870
Dell/Bizlink adapter
Gateway FHD2401

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 21:55 

Just for reference, since I swapped one of my screens for a Dell U2410 DP screen a few weeks ago, the screen has NEVER gone off, (although I now have other multiple screen flickering issues since I upgraded from a 5850 to a 5970!).

I do think it is an issue with some monitor/adaptor combinations.

I am selling my adaptor on eBay if anyone is interested, (see following link), but you may find that it does not work with your monitor.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330384515645&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 22:04 

Well got everything hooked up and been testing different games for a couple hours now. Have not had a single problem. Also switched inputs to 360 on the HDMI input swap back. So maybe I got a good adapter or it likes my monitor who knows. Hopefully it stays this way.

Now to figure out how to set up a hotkey to turn eyefinity on or off. I would like to be able have 3 seperate monitors when I am not gaming so 3 extended monitors. Otherwise I have to sit there and manually size windows. If I open firefox or anything it spans across all the monitors haha. Anyone know how to do this.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 23:54 

[quote]I don't understand isn't that the same adapter they used at an event to show eyefinity. How long is an event like that did they not have any problems. Did they not test adapters at all.

Could be that it's a monitor compatibility issue with the Bizlink adapter. I and some others don't have any issues at all with the Bizlink adapter. I'm using an xfx 5870 (bought at launch week), Bizlink adapter (from early October), and an Asus vw266h, with no blinking issues. I haven't seen it in 2D or Eyefinity mode.
That's great news! I appreciate that you specified exactly what you have. Too many posts read like like: "D00d, mine works just fine! Whaddya talkin bout?". Yeah, right.

I think I'll try a few different monitors I have lying about, but I know for sure the HP w2408h and Westinghouse L1916HW don't work. I've got a Gateway 22", a tiny 17", a 32" LCD tv and the big 60" Sony I could try.

Looks like we have 2 monitors that are known to work: Gateway FHD2401 and Asus vw266h.

Crossing my fingers here, once again :(

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 00:00 

Also switched inputs to 360 on the HDMI input swap back.

What does this mean?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 00:13 

[quote]Also switched inputs to 360 on the HDMI input swap back.

What does this mean?

Sorry haha I meant I was switching inputs. My DP to DVI is hooked to DVI on monitor and I have a Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI input on monitor. So I was switching between the two to see if I could reproduce some of your guys problems but still running strong has not flashed or turned off at all.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 09:15 

[quote][quote]Also switched inputs to 360 on the HDMI input swap back.

What does this mean?

Sorry haha I meant I was switching inputs. My DP to DVI is hooked to DVI on monitor and I have a Xbox 360 hooked to the HDMI input on monitor. So I was switching between the two to see if I could reproduce some of your guys problems but still running strong has not flashed or turned off at all.
That is just awesome. Thanks for letting us know what works :D

Also, I've tried every permutation of settings on both my monitor types - to no avail. Next I hook up my LCD TV and few other monitor types I have. Hopefully I'll get lucky and prove once and for all that this is (hopefully) a monitor incompatibility issue.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 02:47 

Well, I've got good news. I hooked up my 32" LG LCD TV and it's been working fine for over 4 hours now.

The problem is definitely related to what monitor is being used.

I plan on ordering 2 cheap 32" LCDs for what will hopefully be a pretty amazing experience. I'll post pics!

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 02:51 

^ NICE

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 03:23 

got the Acell adapter in today that I ordered from Amazon (looks exactly like the Dell version) and it has worked flawlessly since about 5 pm cst. I can't say for sure, but it appears that most of the problems are with the Bizlink adapter. Just to note, I have the USB plugged into a wall adapter and not the back of my tower. Although my powersupply should be more than enough to handle it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 48  Next