Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 06:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 13:57 

Yes In fact all cables are new dual link . You know what though! the DP adapter monitor has a different brand. that might be it??

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 15:47 

I would think so, I never liked the idea of mixing monitors for widescreen setup due to variation in brands. Just think of any time you have walked through Best Buy at the different TV or monitors. You always see some that look brighter or more crisp than others.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 16:22 

No, the dvi cable attached to the monitor with the adapter is a different brand. All my monitors are the same

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 18:08 

I don't see how that should matter, but hey half the stuff here is being done for the first time by people so odd ball things like this should be the norm.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 20:58 

You know what's a real mystery to me?

Why didn't ATI simply make their own adapter?

Given the paucity of DP-equipped displays (and there are NO large-screens), the (equally rare) DVI adapter becomes an essential accessory for 99% of end users. It would also have saved ATI a ton of headaches associated with all the support calls due to these flaky adapters.

If Apple and game consoles have taught us anything, it's that bringing the hardware in-house can have a most salutary effect on compatibility and, ultimately, customer satisfaction.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 21:01 

Awesome McKie, glad to hear it's been stable so far. I think that should do it for you, now it's gaming time. :rockout

Just an FYI on my stuff so far. Well since my last post I am still solid as a rock. I do though still get a little flicker during the switch from extended to Eyefinity but it seems to stabilize itself and the flickering goes away and this all happens within a few seconds.

In my experience with my three Samsung 245T I don't see any difference between the screens, it may be their but it must be very minimal. I also want to add that my Hotkey configs are working fine now for some reason all the monitors are always in the right places. No need to configure any more. I guess the fresh install of Window7 and all the new drivers help after my flashing of the card.

BTW all my cables are all gold tip 6' dual link DVI and the Accell USB is connected to my mobo's USB port.

Now all we need is Cat 9.12 with bezel management. :wink:

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 21:29 

So I guess 9.12 is supposed to be out tomorrow. Anyone using 9.12 beta? Where can I get the beta at it is not listed anywhere that I can seen on ati site. Sorry I am used to Nvidia posting beta drivers for people to use.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2009, 00:33 

So I guess 9.12 is supposed to be out tomorrow. Anyone using 9.12 beta? Where can I get the beta at it is not listed anywhere that I can seen on ati site. Sorry I am used to Nvidia posting beta drivers for people to use.

Beta's are not released for every ATI release and hardly ever on the ATI website. There was a 9.12 beta released for XP on Guru3D. The Windows 7 beta turned out to be a modified 9.10 driver. No 9.12 was released to the general public at least.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2009, 00:36 

I'll wait for the official release. My system is running very well now and don't want to mess it up by using beta drivers at least for now. :wink:

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2009, 01:20 

[quote]So I guess 9.12 is supposed to be out tomorrow. Anyone using 9.12 beta? Where can I get the beta at it is not listed anywhere that I can seen on ati site. Sorry I am used to Nvidia posting beta drivers for people to use.

Beta's are not released for every ATI release and hardly ever on the ATI website. There was a 9.12 beta released for XP on Guru3D. The Windows 7 beta turned out to be a modified 9.10 driver. No 9.12 was released to the general public at least.

Ahh ok well I was just going to mess around with it see if there were any changes. Hopefully fix some issues. Guess I will just wait till tomorrow haha. Has anyone heard or know of the release notes or what fixes if any. Post them if you do I would like to know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 48  Next