Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 07:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 04:14 

For those of you that did the BIOS flash to fix the blinking issue with the bios David Baumann provided, have you tried overclocking with it, or uping the voltage with MSI afterburner?

Reason I'm asking is because I was planning to use the ASUS bios due to being able to overclock it past the factory o/c limits (900/1300) and also up the voltage with MSI's afterburner, but I will have to use David's bios if my bizlink adapter blinks.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 09:33 

Holy crap this BIOS works. I had minimal issues to begin with using my Apple DP DVI adapter but it would still blink every now and then and oddly enough, more now than when I first purchased it. Annoying me a bit lately.

This BIOS fixes it! Absolutely stable display with no blinking.

This is NOT something for the casual user. You need to boot into a DOS prompt, know your way around a command prompt, and apply the proper settings to have the flasher find the card and flash the right file to the card.

But it works!!! Thanks Dave!

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 15:24 

Tech support said not to flash BIOS, as it is a driver issue and is in process of being resolved :-) Good news finally.

ERIC

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 17:18 

Tech support said not to flash BIOS, as it is a driver issue and is in process of being resolved :-) Good news finally.

ERIC

Who's Tech Support, AMD/ATI or yer card's manufacturer? Did they say its acknowledged on all 5000 series boards? ETA?

That is indeed good news, provided the source is reputable. Sorry for being suspicious, I cant help it.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 19:46 

ERIC

That's definitely good news. But if you can't wait out the month for new drivers, the new BIOS works like a charm. :D

Good thing about flashing video cards. If you accidentally hose the BIOS during flashing, you can reflash it by booting into a secondary video card and trying again. Who among us doesn't have an older video card lying around?

Edit: BTW, here's the relevant page with links to both the new BIOS and a flash utility that worked for me:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17012&start=135

Just scroll down a little and you'll see the relevant posts.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 14:22 

i have a ati 5850 and 3 acer v243HQ, two connect with DVI and the other with a sapphire eyefinity DP to DVI adapter my monitor gose black every 10 seconds

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 15:01 

Bizlink support is the one that informed me that it is a driver issue that is being removed.

ERIC

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 19:26 

i have a ati 5850 and 3 acer v243HQ, two connect with DVI and the other with a sapphire eyefinity DP to DVI adapter my monitor gose black every 10 seconds

are they now shipping cards with this adapter????
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/media/?psn=0004&articleID=2475

Which by the Way looks nothing more than a Bizlink adapter with a Sapphire Sticker.

Bad move Sapphire. Putting this out before ATI releases a fix.

Edit. I shouldn't of put ATI as the one that needs to release a fix . Actually Bizlink and ATI should be working together on this one.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 19:33 

no i buy it separately

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 22:26 

fwiw, while I haven't researched the issue much, my blinking DP connected monitor appears to be linked to Stand-by Mode which would be consistent with the comments made earlier by the ATI rep.

When coming out of Stand-By, my DP connected monitor blinks or looses display as others have experienced. In addition, the Windows Explorer process appears to hang (Start menu has an hourglass). Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB on the DP>DVI adapter, or unplugging and reconnecting the DVI cable from the monitor, appears to resolve the display issue, however, Windows Explorer does not recover.

Upon hitting reset (cannot shutdown), Windows 7 once again 'resumes' and everything is back to 100%.

More info on this (maybe) :)

Turns out my second PCIe/x16 slot was a x4 if in dual-mode. I've replaced the motherboard with an Asus P7P55D-E which runs in x8 if in dual-mode.

CF and EF enabled, 5760x1080, Win7x64, Accell Active DP>DVI

No more Windows Explorer lockup coming back from Standby and no more flicker (yet).

Also, prior, I basically had to disable CF for obvious reasons. I was getting 31 fraps in ARMA2 with it enabled and 47 without. Now, with CF enabled, I am at 55 fraps in ARMA2 (all medium, AA off, PP high, 3D 5760x1080)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 48  Next