Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 01:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 11:08 
Editors
Editors

Lol you aren't asking for much... and "issues" sort of implies something is broken. I think we have delivered everything we said we would,so far, and we are working on many of the other things y'all have asked for. And some things you aren't aware of.

This is true. Nothing is broken and Eyefinity has been delivered as advertised. Crossfire support and bezel management are to be considered improvements to Eyefinity, not fixes.

PLP is something I would very much want implemented, but this doesn't exist even in current hardware options like TH2G, which has been on the market for years. Only with softTH is this possible. I think we need patience with this one.

Edit: I forgot my question:
Any ETA from Samsung about the thin bezel/eyefinity monitors?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 22:07 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I've been reading the questions and really it all comes down to one thing, we all want non-standard resolutions supported in and out of eyefinity, and an ETA on when these issues will be fixed.

Also including mixed resolutions, Crossfire+Eyefinity, and Bezel Management.

Lol you aren't asking for much... and "issues" sort of implies something is broken. I think we have delivered everything we said we would,so far, and we are working on many of the other things y'all have asked for. And some things you aren't aware of.

If $1000 would take care of PLP L88tbastard, I'da already paid for it out of my pocket! koawinter has it right, EF is still a baby. The universe of the desirable is much bigger than the reality of resource and time.

I know there are no answer in this, just wanted to let you all know I am still watching and reading.
Didn't mean to sound like that, sorry, I meant an ETA on the Implementation of these Features. Yes it's a lot to ask for, but these things would make a "perfect" solution.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 04:43 

Yeah, I would be very interested to know when things would come, but I think I am more interested to know what things are being planned for eyefinity and how this "baby" is going to grow are we going to see some walking or even running in the next year??

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 04:45 

Didn't mean to sound like that, sorry, I meant an ETA on the Implementation of these Features. Yes it's a lot to ask for, but these things would make a "perfect" solution.

Sometimes we don't say anything because we don't want to spoil the surprise, sometimes we don't say anything because there is nothing ot say! :P

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 04:46 

Any ETA from Samsung about the thin bezel/eyefinity monitors?

Unfortunatly we're not in a position to pre-announce our partners products.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 04:49 

I raised the issue some weeks back and Dave Baumann said he was going to speak to the 4800 series guys to find out what the story is (i.e. how they enabled support...)

Dave, did you manage to get any further with this problem?

Honestly, I ended up more confused by the response than I did prior to asking! There seemed to be some questions over how it even got enabled for RV770 (though I think the indication that there may have been a Matrox update?). The take out, though, was that its not a trivial matter to support it, unfortunatly.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 06:57 

[quote]I've been reading the questions and really it all comes down to one thing, we all want non-standard resolutions supported in and out of eyefinity, and an ETA on when these issues will be fixed.

Also including mixed resolutions, Crossfire+Eyefinity, and Bezel Management.

If $1000 would take care of PLP L88tbastard, I'da already paid for it out of my pocket! koawinter has it right, EF is still a baby. The universe of the desirable is much bigger than the reality of resource and time.

I know there are no answer in this, just wanted to let you all know I am still watching and reading.

Ha I figured as much, no worries though, I temporarily solved my PLP problem and the cost was less than $1,000. I bought another dell 20.1 and I must say triple screening with eyefinity is fantastic!

Never thought I would say this, but it looks like my 30" 2560x1600 is going up on ebay soon!

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2009, 05:43 

For those who are interested, I found my own solution to the problem I had posted 1 page ago regarding getting the awesome T221-DG5 ultra-high resolution monitor to work at 3840x2400@48Hz in Win7 using Eyefinity.

I posted my solution in the main Eyefinity section under my other post - in the interest of not cluttering up this section, just look there.

Thanks again and thank you Dave and Sunsp*t! This is so awesome - I never thought I would see the day when my beloved T221-DG5s would run the way they should on a modern OS again! Now I have 2 x 9.2MP desktops fully Aero accelerated, etc etc!!!!

Yeang

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009, 06:42 

For those who are interested, I found my own solution to the problem I had posted 1 page ago regarding getting the awesome T221-DG5 ultra-high resolution monitor to work at 3840x2400@48Hz in Win7 using Eyefinity.

I posted my solution in the main Eyefinity section under my other post - in the interest of not cluttering up this section, just look there.

Thanks again and thank you Dave and Sunsp*t! This is so awesome - I never thought I would see the day when my beloved T221-DG5s would run the way they should on a modern OS again! Now I have 2 x 9.2MP desktops fully Aero accelerated, etc etc!!!!

Yeang

You have the T221s working? Wow! I'm impressed. Now I have to find & read your post! And three cheers to you for pushing the boundaries out further!

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 17:11 

Just want to say thanks for all the work you are doing. I have been out of PC gaming for about 5 years but with the eyefinity technology I am back!!! So here is my question:

When the eyefinity 6 version card comes out will I be able to game on 3x1 and use my desktop on the remaining screens? I plan on getting 6 screens but I'm guessing I will only use a 3x2 with only some games with the majority using 3x1 FPS. It would be useful for managing servers etc while being able to game at the same time.

I have tested this out using my existing 3x1 setup as a 2x1 with an extended desktop on the remaining monitor but the remaining monitor turns black (basically turning off).

this is a big deciding factor for getting the 6 output card or sticking with just three monitors. Again I appreciate what you are doing on these forums!!!

J.J.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next