Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 18:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 15:54 

I just ordered up 2 more 16:10 monitors and a Dell Active Display Port Adapter. I also built this little eyefinity shelf for the monitors because i dont have desk space to fit 3 monitors. So I am spending alot of money and doing extra work so I can have eyefinity.... I have one thing left to do and that is order my cards.. all things being equal I would probably buy a 5970 now,if I could find one and add a single gpu later but in your opinions should I go the crossfire route or the single gpu route?? It seems like crossfire and eyefinity dont like each other.. is this true? Or has crossfire support gotten better.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 02:16 

Get the 5970 when price is not an issue. It should work with Eyefinity.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 05:42 

Get the 5970 when price is not an issue. It should work with Eyefinity.

oop to late now, I ordered up 2 5870's.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 06:06 

I use two 5870s in crossfire. Works great. You need 9.12 hotfix driver or 10.1 for eyefinity to work with Crossfire.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 09:23 

I use two 5870s in crossfire. Works great. You need 9.12 hotfix driver or 10.1 for eyefinity to work with Crossfire.

I am more worried about the Active Display port adapter now. I wont know if I got a good one until Monday..

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 10:06 

I'm sure you won't regret it. I'm rocking with 2 x 5850s and loving them!

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 22:45 

[quote]I use two 5870s in crossfire. Works great. You need 9.12 hotfix driver or 10.1 for eyefinity to work with Crossfire.

I am more worried about the Active Display port adapter now. I wont know if I got a good one until Monday..

I dont think its soo much the adapter as it is power put into the adapter. If you have issues try getting an external USB power source such as a hub.

Every now and then mine might flicker (maybe once a week) but nothing unplugging the USB and pluging back in wont fix.

The Experience gained far outweighs any problems caused during early adopters.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 23:13 

[quote][quote]I use two 5870s in crossfire. Works great. You need 9.12 hotfix driver or 10.1 for eyefinity to work with Crossfire.

I dont think its soo much the adapter as it is power put into the adapter. If you have issues try getting an external USB power source such as a hub.

Every now and then mine might flicker (maybe once a week) but nothing unplugging the USB and pluging back in wont fix.

I like this post :rockout

I actually have an external usb power source that goes directly into an outlet, I just got the droid and it came with one but I will never use it so if the usb ports are not supplying enough power I will try that. I have a 1 kilowatt psu so I know that wont be an issue.

The Experience gained far outweighs any problems caused during early adopters.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 23:22 

well I got my 5870's, the cards seem well so far, havent tested dx 11 yet... unfortunatly I am getting inconsistant flickering from the active display port monitor but I am still tinkering with it.. I actually just plugged into a different usb outlet and what doya know its actually not flickering anymore.. but that just seems to conveniant to me..

xfx didnt send a copy of dirt 2 and no heaven benchmark ... but I do have a double life time warranty :rockout

imma about to test eyefintiy now !!

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 03:43 

I actually just plugged into a different usb outlet and what doya know its actually not flickering anymore.. but that just seems to conveniant to me..

Thats one of the known issues with active adapter ue - some USB outputs are not providing sufficent power.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Display.aspx