Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 23:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ATI Cursor Bug
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 18:30 

I get this problem after gaming. I notice when I scroll over text it turns into what looks like above but it sometimes looks kind of like a zipper haha.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 19:07 

Just curious - are you up-to-date with your system BIOS?

Don't know if you're asking me or not...

Originally back in October, I did update the BIOS and that did fix the original cursor problem (double-size cursor), but I wasn't using eyefinity Until February, which was working fine until whenever I got the newer 10.4's this month.

I've got an M3A32-MVP, and I would love for ASUS to release a new BIOS, because then I might be able to use the new AMD X6 processors.

I've heard of hit-and-miss scenarios with the Bizlink/Dell DP-DVI active adapters, as I just the other day replaced my Sapphire 5870 with a new one because the fan was going critical (jet engine loud). But that is another issue for another thread for another day.

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 00:36 

[quote]Just curious - are you up-to-date with your system BIOS?

Originally back in October, I did update the BIOS and that did fix the original cursor problem (double-size cursor), but I wasn't using eyefinity Until February, which was working fine until whenever I got the newer 10.4's this month.

I've got an M3A32-MVP, and I would love for ASUS to release a new BIOS, because then I might be able to use the new AMD X6 processors.

I've heard of hit-and-miss scenarios with the Bizlink/Dell DP-DVI active adapters, as I just the other day replaced my Sapphire 5870 with a new one because the fan was going critical (jet engine loud). But that is another issue for another thread for another day.

I use the Dell Adapter and when I installed 10.4 the monitor that uses that adapter blinks.. sometimes I notice white or grey lines before it blinks. 10.4 and 10.4a both do it for my monitors x223w acers. I noticed this bug back with 10.1 if I remember correctly. back to 10.3 for me.

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 01:24 

[quote][quote]Just curious - are you up-to-date with your system BIOS?

I use the Dell Adapter and when I installed 10.4 the monitor that uses that adapter blinks.. sometimes I notice white or grey lines before it blinks. 10.4 and 10.4a both do it for my monitors x223w acers. I noticed this bug back with 10.1 if I remember correctly. back to 10.3 for me.

Hmm well looks to be common issues with 10.4. You should post in the 10.4 thread.

PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 13:54 

[quote][quote]Just curious - are you up-to-date with your system BIOS?

@dmanna: did you ever try to reinstall 10.4? (i guess because you also tried 10.4a) and when you said "updating the bios" you mean updating the 5870 BIOS to up the DP port voltage or not?

It indeed seems like a common problem. What you describe, with lines and all, happens to me also.
Please, like bowenac said, post in the 10.4 discussion thread!!

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 12:44 

Sometimes the mouse cursor will get garbled only on the center display. Hasn't happened for a few months but as soon as I started to install the various iterations of the 10.4 preview drivers it started happening again, randomly, and fixes itself, randomly.

I've noticed the same thing here with my setup. Not sure if it's the 10.4's that started it (I only started playing Napoleon Total War after I installed them), but I get the exact same thing while playing in Eyefinity. Only occurs on the centre display and will appear/go away at random.

As well 10.4's sort of fixed my blinking DP-DVI connected display, in that it still blinks but never turns completely off now, so there is indeed progress.

I've notice some progress here too, although I'm using a DP>VGA adaptor. Use to be that every reboot would require unplugging/plugging in of the DP>VGA adaptor, in order for it to detect correctly (would get stuck at 640x480). I've done about a half a dozen reboots since installing them the other day, and have yet to see this problem occur (touch wood).

Edit: Nevermind. I just got the problem occuring again. Seems to be it reduces the occurance but then slowly reverts to happening everytime just like previous drivers.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2010, 21:06 

This bug finally forced me to disassemble my EyeFinity setup. It would always happen only on the rightmost monitor in my config, and required a reboot to fix. This is particularly annoying in a raid where you can't reboot for a few hours, and 1/3 of your screen is inaccessible because your mouse is corrupt as soon as it crosses the bezel.

I was running 10.4. I tried 10.6, but it bluescreened my Windows 7 system upon bootup.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 10:07 

I've had since 10.2 ... currently 10.6 and its still there ... have had no problems in game .... just in the desktop ... middle screen only ... DOH! Totally random ... and only a reboot works for me ... it also did it when I was running a 2 screen setup

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010, 10:56 

10.7 drivers and still have the cusrosr bug though I have the impression that it is less severe and appears less often, still it's pretty annoying... Basically the only problem I have with my setup, hope it will be fixed in an upcoming driver update.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010, 12:15 
Administrators
Administrators

You know, I was not to sure what it was causing this, but I have experienced this also actually.
For me, I just log off my user account on windows then re log back in, no system restart needed and this fixes the issue for me, sometimes it fixes it by simply doing alt+ctrl+del and starting task manager (sometimes).
This is with drivers 10.6.

It is very rare that it does happen, and as I say above it seems to be fairly quick and easy to fix

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |