Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 08:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 09:07 
Insiders
Insiders

The second time you switch, it's much quicker as it just changes order, not resolution.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 13:42 
Administrators
Administrators

Noone has mentioned Windows-P yet? Surely this is the fastest most reliable way of achieving what the OP is trying to do here!

When I ran Eyefinity, I used Windows-P to toggle through them all. Computer Only I set to one monitor, Duplicate was Eyefinity, and Extend was my extended desktop. Just Windows P to what you want and away you go! It was reliable for me every single time.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 17:17 
Insiders
Insiders

After all the glitches with catalyst profiles a (longish) while back, I took to using the win+p shortcut...don't know how this does it's thing (possibly exactly the same as catalyst profiles), but it's worth a quick try to see if you get a different (more desirable) behaviour to profile switching.

;)

But yes - OP have you tried this?

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 06:03 

[quote]Each time I switch?

Sadly yes... OR do what I did a while back and use a .bat file to run it twice for me.

Did this right after I posted. :P Not fool proof, but it works. Also, Fences, once I locked the fences down, works wonders. Now to tackle Rainmeter...

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 06:09 

Noone has mentioned Windows-P yet? Surely this is the fastest most reliable way of achieving what the OP is trying to do here!

When I ran Eyefinity, I used Windows-P to toggle through them all. Computer Only I set to one monitor, Duplicate was Eyefinity, and Extend was my extended desktop. Just Windows P to what you want and away you go! It was reliable for me every single time.

How do you configure Win+P to choose which monitors do what? for me, Computer Only is my right monitor, Duplicate has my left/middle as extended and the right as a dupe of the left, Extend is regular extended mode, and Project Only is the left monitor. :(

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 06:11 

I think Win+P only supports two monitors?

Post subject: drinfernoo wrote:I think
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 08:14 
Administrators
Administrators

I think Win+P only supports two monitors?

No, this is not correct. It works for all 3. They won't be setup natively.

Change it to Computer Only, then set the resolution to the native resolution of one monitor. Use the CCC to choose your center monitor, or alternatively, swap cables to make it the center. From now on, leave the monitor cables as they are.

Now change it to Duplicate, and then create an Eyefinity group in the CCC in this setup. You should now be able to Windows-P between the two setups. I used to do this ALL the time.

Now change to Computer Only. Now change to Extended. Use the Windows screen resolution to setup the three screens in an extended mode. You should now be able to change between all 3.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 06:59 

[quote]I think Win+P only supports two monitors?

No, this is not correct. It works for all 3. They won't be setup natively.

Change it to Computer Only, then set the resolution to the native resolution of one monitor. Use the CCC to choose your center monitor, or alternatively, swap cables to make it the center. From now on, leave the monitor cables as they are.

Now change it to Duplicate, and then create an Eyefinity group in the CCC in this setup. You should now be able to Windows-P between the two setups. I used to do this ALL the time.

Now change to Computer Only. Now change to Extended. Use the Windows screen resolution to setup the three screens in an extended mode. You should now be able to change between all 3.

This works great; it even fixed my Rainmeter positioning issue. :) The only problem I have, is that when trying to set up Computer Only, my computer won't let the center monitor (monitor 3) be the enabled one. It always wants to enable the left monitor (monitor 1), and if I change it, either in CCC or Windows, it reverts itself back next time I choose Computer Only.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 13:38 
Administrators
Administrators

If this happened to me, I would change to a single monitor, then swap cables to make it the center monitor. Then I would fix up my Eyefinity and Extended mode so they were in the right order in the CCC and Windows.

Peace.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 18:21 
Insiders
Insiders

If this happened to me, I would change to a single monitor, then swap cables to make it the center monitor. Then I would fix up my Eyefinity and Extended mode so they were in the right order in the CCC and Windows.

Peace.

Yes I was going to suggest this - if you have to, unplug all the monitors and then plug the centre monitor back in first, making it monitor 1.