Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 12:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: shozum wrote:2) Should I
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 20:43 
Editors
Editors

2) Should I worry about matching manufacturers and models? In my experience RAM is quite fickle about these sort of things in that matching it as closely as possible could determine how well it performs. Again, this is solely while crossfire and eyefinity are enabled.

uhm no, doesn't really matter. They all have GDDR5, and its the GPU itself that communicates via PCI-E to the CPU, not the Vram.

3) When/if I go to crossfire the two GPUs, should I also split the displays between the two? Have one GPU running the 2 sides while the main is handled by the other.

When you use Eyefinity all Monitors have to be connected to One GPU! also Games in Crossfire mostly use AFR So you cant choose which GPU renders what.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 13:34 

O wow! Nice to know that all of your displays need to come from the same GPU in crossfire. Now I am super happy I went with the Flex.

They sent me 2 different 42" monitors. One of them was actually what I had ordered (LG electronics) while the second was a completely different brand (Panasonic) that had a little more bells and whistles to it (speakers, 700 brightness, slimmer bezel, lighter weight). I contacted customer support and while I thanked them for the upgrade, I let them know I was displeased with having 2 different displays. Since these displays are to be paired (left and right monitors), having them with different dimensions will detract from the overall viewing experience, and if I am putting thousands of dollars into my video wall I would really appreciate it looking good. They were all out of the LGs however, so it looks like I'll be sending back the LG and they will be replacing it with another panasonic of the same model as the one they shipped me in error. No additional cost to me either and they said they would pay for all shipping, I just have a longer wait now. That's a $200 upgrade in hardware and $110 in shipping, talk about great customer service!

Last night I mapped out where I'll place the primary mount on the wall and started looking at support options so that I can reinforce the drywall. Baby steps