Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 05:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 07:16 

yeah im forced to sell one of these sammys, just waiting for a reply on craigslist so i can place order - work at a pc store so i have about 18 different vendors to hunt down this 2408wfp, i just want full native res on all 3x monitors thats all

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 08:37 

This is pretty serious if all this speculation is true...

completely agree ... if it is true ... then ... FARK !

I already sold my TH2GO and have 3 x DVI LCDs sitting here ... I also ordered a basic DP->DVI adapter thinking it will do the job ... I honestly dont see why this would not work ...

is this really a speculation ?

is there anyone here with a 5870 card that has 3 x LCDs with DVI ports that can confirm if it works or not ? gosh ...

crazy !!!!!

EDIT: it says here on this site :

http://www.ramelectronics.net/computer-parts/computer-cables/monitor-cables/displayport-cables/displayport-to-dvi-adapter-dportm2fdvi/prodPTC00004.html

that they are ACTIVE ... would that not do the job ?????!!!

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 09:08 
Editors
Editors

[quote]This is pretty serious if all this speculation is true...

completely agree ... if it is true ... then ... FARK !

I already sold my TH2GO and have 3 x DVI LCDs sitting here ... I also ordered a basic DP->DVI adapter thinking it will do the job ... I honestly dont see why this would not work ...

is this really a speculation ?

is there anyone here with a 5870 card that has 3 x LCDs with DVI ports that can confirm if it works or not ? gosh ...

crazy !!!!!

EDIT: it says here on this site :

http://www.ramelectronics.net/computer-parts/computer-cables/monitor-cables/displayport-cables/displayport-to-dvi-adapter-dportm2fdvi/prodPTC00004.html

that they are ACTIVE ... would that not do the job ?????!!!

That sounds perfect, says that normal (passive) adapters just pass the signal through, but the active on actually converts it.

Only problem is, if a passive adapter was the problem, how did the person that already tested it say he had it working just only in a 2 monitor or less situation...

NVM I think I just figured that out, the GPU could be smart and reading it as a DVI/HDMI connection and its using those internal channel things to send a DVI signal though the display port since it was a passive adapter.

The Active adapter very would could fix the issue and have the card distribute the signal correctly from the display port side.

Makes sense to me!

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 09:13 

yeah ... looks like we are screwed ... bummer ...

so where can we buy a "powered" adapter from and how much is it ?

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 09:36 

another question I have is ...

if you buy 2 for the 5870 cards:

can you run ATI Eyefinity using 2 x DVI ports on one card and 1xDVI port on the other one ?

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 09:44 
Insiders
Insiders

another question I have is ...

can you run ATI Eyefinity using 2 x DVI ports on one card and 1xDVI port on the other one ?
Or three cards...... :twisted:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 09:57 

[quote]another question I have is ...

Or three cards...... :twisted:

Excellent question, I havent seen that answered yet. That would be instant pure WIN if its possible.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 11:01 
Editors
Editors

Can anyone recommend some good gaming non-TN 24" monitors?

Dell U2410. Not cheap, but not TN.

However, before you start saying "buy these adaptors" I recommend you read the thread because it's been proven by dazboots that the cheap adaptors don't work.

I see three pages and a lot of anger in this thread since I was last here, and no input from Dave Baumann.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 12:19 

I agree with the dissapointment on here but I think we all really need to take a step back and wait for the official word - the real official word, not the reply of a 1st line support guy.

We only really have the experience of one guy here to go on and, with all due respect to him, we are all capable of overlooking something or getting something mixed up. (if he did then he's in big doo do... :lol: )

It may still be possible that all this fuss is over nothing and that the current cards can do what we want without issue.

Of course, they may not as well... :wink:

I'm waiting on the 6 output card to use with 3 x U2410 so would be okay with the DP output but I also want to connect my exisitng 3 x 19".

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 12:28 
Editors
Editors

I'll have to check monoprice or something for a cable but I know when I was checking out of dell.com with the 2408WFP they wanted to sell me the DP cable for $99.00 !!!

I hope they are not near that expensive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 72  Next