Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 13:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2010, 04:11 

Well, I have been reading posts for some time now and not unlike others, my brain is fried. I am thinking my problem is my Accell adapter, so at this point I think I am going to try the Sapphire adapter. I thought I would post my setup and see if anyone has some thoughts before I order it on Monday morning. Basically, the monitor on my displayport is more off than on.

Windows 7 - 64 bit (all updated)
3 Hanns-G HH-281HPB 28" HDMI flat panels (Max Res 1920 x 1200)
Sapphire 5970 (Newest bios flashed earlier this week. Got this card new when I had to RMA my Sapphire 5970 OC a couple of months back)
ATI 10.10 Drivers with clean install. (Used Drive Sweeper. Tried different drivers, not much luck since 10.3 or so)
Accell B087B-003J UltraAV miniDisplayPort/DVI-D Dual-Link Adapter (bought at the end of last December from Amazon, no label on it, so no idea on firmware)
Phillips USB power adapter (output rated at 2 amps, also tried Logitech rated at 1 amp)
3 Nippon Labs Premium High Performance HDMI A/V Gold Plated for 1080P cables
3 IOGEAR GHDMIFDVIMW6 Gold-plated HDMI (F) to DVI-D Dual Link (M) Adapters

I have swapped the Accell adapter to different monitors and always get problems, one with flashing and color problems. I know I am newly registered, but I have been coming here for over a year and have always been able to get good information by searching. I am wondering about the HDMI setup and well, some other things that may be causing me problems. I have invested a lot of money, about 10 months of issues, and still only had my three screens going for a little bit when I first got things set up. I know, like a lot of us. :(

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

KJ

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2010, 04:00 

KeeperJones, I had the Apple adapter, so there was some strange Eyefinity activity. I finally dumped the 30 bucks on the Sapphire adapter, and virtually all strange activity disappeared. It worked great with (3) 28" Hanns-g/I-inc screens.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2010, 05:07 

KeeperJones, I had the Apple adapter, so there was some strange Eyefinity activity. I finally dumped the 30 bucks on the Sapphire adapter, and virtually all strange activity disappeared. It worked great with (3) 28" Hanns-g/I-inc screens.

Good to know, thanks. I figure it will be one of the cheapest things I have bought so far. ;)

Update: Just ordered it from Newegg for $27. Thank god I still had my displayport to mini displayport adapter that came with my 5970. Saved me another $24 bucks.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2010, 04:20 

Just played Medal of Honor at 5760 x 1200 on three 28 inch monitors for about 3 hours after putting in the Sapphire adapter. Works great, no issues during play at all. I had to turn off and back on the monitor that was hooked to the display port when I first started the game, but it came on right away. Finally after messing around with this stuff off and on for the last 10 months.

Thanks for the help and info people,

KJ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19