Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 02:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 22:32 

Oh man both cables on each end are 6ft (lol)

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 08:49 

Well at last i have good news, for me this worked. I had flickering on and off issues since day one of eyefinity. I decided i take a plunge and flash my Asus5870 with the BIOS Dave gave. And it worked. I have no flickering. I did this on Saturday and gamed a lot. Nothing , zero. It running perfect.
I have even rebooted. cold started computer and still no flickering. I also installed 9.12 drivers.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 14:25 

And for me ever sense i got the accell adapter I have not had one Issue with the flickering. It's be a while now.

No issues.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 14:40 

I did this on Saturday and gamed a lot....

Hope you enjoyed it! :)

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 15:19 

Thanks Dave. Yes i did. What a experience. Now i truly enjoy my games. It makes such a huge difference and can't believe the power of the card being able to drive the resolution. I have had Nvidia, single, sli and tri-sli. And also Ati , CF and tri-Cf and this 5870 is by far the best i had . Yes it maybe not as good as Tri-sli or tri-Cf or Quad in frames per second contest but i enjoy this much much more.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 17:23 

I got a Gigabyte 5770 not for gaming, but for my workstation which I'm using just for coding so all I'm doing is using extended mode, but so far it's lead to only frustration and flickering. I ran across this thread while looking for a solution and I thank you for all posting as much detailed information as you have. I am using a very similar setup to egandt:

2 Dell SP2208WFP via DVI and an HP W2408 on DVI via DisplayPort through BizLink. Win7 64 and the ATI 9.12 drivers. I have also tried a dozen other combinations of HDMI, VGA, wall USB charger and different monitors and cables without any luck.

When running the displayport through the BizLink, my best results were using an external powered USB hub and then DVI to HDMI, but on any of my monitors the most I can get is about 30 seconds before it starts flickering/power cycling. Also, like egandt, I found that I can get whichever monitor is running over the BizLink to remain solid if I reduce the resolution to 1280x1024 (when the native resolution for that monitor is 1680x1050).

This all seems to come down to a power and signal. It also makes me wonder that if I could possible up the voltage in 2D mode, if I could fix the problem. However, it seems like the overdrive stuff only applies to 3D mode. I've already spent more time and money on this than I had planned on, and if I purchase the Accell from Amazon, I might as well have purchased a native DisplayPort monitor at that point for the money I've spent. Again, this is for a computer that is only being used for programming, so screen real estate is my concern, and I'm just kind of hobbling along right now with the 3rd monitor running the lower resolutions.

Do I wait out some solid solution that one of us stumbles upon, or some resolution from ATI which may never come, or just bite the bullet and get a displayport monitor which may or may not fix the problem?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 17:26 

alright, i did finally get the flash to work, my particular form of retardation was this. The bios name is rather long and in dos it truncates the name to something like atihd5~1.bin rather then the full file name, i was trying the full file name and obviously it didnt work, thankfully the dir command is my friend. Its now time to start gaming and hope the problem has been fixed.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 17:49 

I've already spent more time and money on this than I had planned on, and if I purchase the Accell from Amazon, I might as well have purchased a native DisplayPort monitor at that point for the money I've spent. Again, this is for a computer that is only being used for programming, so screen real estate is my concern, and I'm just kind of hobbling along right now with the 3rd monitor running the lower resolutions.

Do I wait out some solid solution that one of us stumbles upon, or some resolution from ATI which may never come, or just bite the bullet and get a displayport monitor which may or may not fix the problem?

That probably would be a choice only you could make.

I myself thought the same thing your thinking now. and after thinking about the hassle of returning my monitors via shipping . and the fact they wouldn't match. and the larger expense. I was left with only 2 options. Try the $100 accell adapter. Or hobble along and wait for some kind of fix. or wait for no fix and the need to buy a native display anyway.

I rolled the dice and chose the later.

and thank goodness it worked

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 15:49 

ACCELL and BizLink are the same device in fact sending a support request to ACCELL, Bizlink responded.

Just so you are aware.
ERIC

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 16:22 

I was aware. But its obvious the ones from Amazon have a better success rate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 48  Next