Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 14:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 15:19 

Haha you been messing around with this thread for this long and just now discovered that xp was not supported? ALL the reviews I have read said xp was not supported with eyefinity and this was on release day last week. There are also links everywhere to the 8.66 RC7 drivers (9.10 RC). It's time to put a bullet in xp once and for all my friend and install a modern OS. I can never understand why some people just cling to that old OS like an old blankie. Put down the xp and move away. ROFL.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 15:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Haha you been messing around with this thread for this long and just now discovered that xp was not supported? ALL the reviews I have read said xp was not supported with eyefinity and this was on release day last week. There are also links everywhere to the 8.66 RC7 drivers (9.10 RC). It's time to put a bullet in xp once and for all my friend and install a modern OS. I can never understand why some people just cling to that old OS like an old blankie. Put down the xp and move away. ROFL.

Actually, initially we had confirmation XP worked at the launch party, but now it seems it doesn't.

BTW escrotumus, learn how to answer someone without being a troll. Attack the problem, not the person. :wink:

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 15:47 
Insiders
Insiders

according to your article linked

Also, it is my understanding that in the near future you will NOT need an active adapter to output through DP to DVI or HDMI.

when is the "near future"?

I'm a bit cynical about that statement. AMD is gonna have to elaborate on that a bit. "Near future" as in something like next month, or "near future" as in something like Star Trek? :lol:

All I want is just an ability to use 5 HDMI connectors on the back of displays/projectors and be done with it. If that can be made to happen in the "near future" with DP-to-HDMI or MiniDP-to-HDMI passive adapters, then I'm all for it. I'm looking forward to buying a 2GB or 4GB 5870 Six.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 17:07 

I'm sticking with Nvidia.

You mean the same Nvidia that have blamed monitor makers for the poor working timing and custom resolution and EIDID handling that Nvidia drivers have had with just about every driver?

Both sides are the same, they count on marketing bull and rigged tech. demos and count on people to just keep buying their crap.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 17:28 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I'm sticking with Nvidia.

You mean the same Nvidia that have blamed monitor makers for the poor working timing and custom resolution and EIDID handling that Nvidia drivers have had with just about every driver?

Both sides are the same, they count on marketing bull and rigged tech. demos and count on people to just keep buying their crap.

I agree with that too. It's not like display manufacturers just magically decided to start crapping out displays with issues in the last several months. The timing very squarely coincides with anything 185 or newer nVidia drivers. This is on the head of nVidia, not display manufacturers.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 17:56 

someone tell me lol

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/Wheelerdealers/TripleHDTV-cables.jpg

is this a DP > DVI with DVI > HDMI adapter??!?!?!

also thats the bizlink one, friggin $100+ adapter

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 18:11 
Insiders
Insiders

someone tell me lol

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/Wheelerdealers/TripleHDTV-cables.jpg

is this a DP > DVI with DVI > HDMI adapter??!?!?!

also thats the bizlink one, friggin $100+ adapter

Sure enough is. Interesting catch there. Good eyes. So that means there is an HDMI option too with that configuration using a passive DVI to HDMI adapter off the back of the active adapter.

The BizLink and Dell are both the same adapter, just one has BizLink silkscreened on it.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 19:02 

All I want is just an ability to use 5 HDMI connectors on the back of displays/projectors and be done with it. If that can be made to happen in the "near future" with DP-to-HDMI or MiniDP-to-HDMI passive adapters, then I'm all for it. I'm looking forward to buying a 2GB or 4GB 5870 Six.

Yep, me too. Although I want to use all 6. Give me 6 HDMI/mini HDMI or give me 6 DP with the ability to run HDMI/DVI off them with no more than simple passive adaptors (i.e. allow the card to switch output to DVI/HDMI equivalence via the DP connector)

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 19:14 

Guys if you look at the pics of the rear wire configs at the demo then you will see 6 passive mini DP male to hdmi female adapter cables coming out of the 6 outputs on that eyefinity6 card. It was just the standard old cable that you can find anywhere online and it was working for the ati people at the demo. So I'm to assume that the standard 3 monitor 5870 requires active adapters while the eyefinity6 card does not? That doesn't make any sense at all to me. We need to get some answers from ati about this.

BTW, wasn't trying to be a troll about the xp issue but 9 years later still using xp and expecting modern hardware and software to work with it? Really? Time to move on. It states very clearly in every review and online in multiple eyefinity architecture documents that windows xp is not supported due to its driver model. I'm sure that's a MS or ati ploy to get people to move away from xp more than a technical issue but nonetheless that is where we are.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 19:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Guys if you look at the pics of the rear wire configs at the demo then you will see 6 passive mini DP male to hdmi female adapter cables coming out of the 6 outputs on that eyefinity6 card. It was just the standard old cable that you can find anywhere online and it was working for the ati people at the demo. So I'm to assume that the standard 3 monitor 5870 requires active adapters while the eyefinity6 card does not? That doesn't make any sense at all to me. We need to get some answers from ati about this.

BTW, wasn't trying to be a troll about the xp issue but 9 years later still using xp and expecting modern hardware and software to work with it? Really? Time to move on. It states very clearly in every review and online in multiple eyefinity architecture documents that windows xp is not supported due to its driver model. I'm sure that's a MS or ati ploy to get people to move away from xp more than a technical issue but nonetheless that is where we are.

Actually, I think you're seeing Mini-DP to DP passive adapters off those pictures showing the 5870 Six. The launch was touting all those new Samsung ultra-thin bezel DP enabled 30" displays. Those are using the DP on them. We'll probably have to go through the same early adopter(adapter) learning process with the 5870 Six as with the 5870 standard because someone is going to ultimately have to be the first test subject with all the variations of monitor and projector ports.

What I was saying about the XP comment wasn't the fact that XP is showing it's age, but how you went about saying it in a troll-like manner. Just be mindful that I'd bet you wouldn't appreciate a comment pointed in your direction with the same tone of reply. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 72  Next