Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 05:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 23:39 

[quote]Tech support said not to flash BIOS, as it is a driver issue and is in process of being resolved :-) Good news finally.

ERIC

That's definitely good news. But if you can't wait out the month for new drivers, the new BIOS works like a charm. :D

Good thing about flashing video cards. If you accidentally hose the BIOS during flashing, you can reflash it by booting into a secondary video card and trying again. Who among us doesn't have an older video card lying around?

Edit: BTW, here's the relevant page with links to both the new BIOS and a flash utility that worked for me:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17012&start=135

Just scroll down a little and you'll see the relevant posts.

Gave it a try, downloaded and flashed using: ATI.HD5870.1024.091112.bin
Flashing was quick and easy went well both times.

Flashing did not do anything to fix the DP connected panel (still flickered about once a second).

Second one of the DVI monitors stopped working correctly (would get crap in the bottom 50% every few seconds (not usable), had to re-flash back to the original bios 12.011.000.006.034494. Now no DP display at all again, yet at least the DVI ports work correctly.

So flashing did not help. -1 for that for those keeping count

ATI needs to release a solution for this ASAP, as I'm just plain pissed off at this point, might try complaining to support on Monday (need something to do while at work).
ERIC

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2009, 01:43 

Gave it a try, downloaded and flashed using: ATI.HD5870.1024.091112.bin
Flashing was quick and easy went well both times.

Flashing did not do anything to fix the DP connected panel (still flickered about once a second).

Second one of the DVI monitors stopped working correctly (would get crap in the bottom 50% every few seconds (not usable), had to re-flash back to the original bios 12.011.000.006.034494. Now no DP display at all again, yet at least the DVI ports work correctly.

So flashing did not help. -1 for that for those keeping count

ATI needs to release a solution for this ASAP, as I'm just plain pissed off at this point, might try complaining to support on Monday (need something to do while at work).
ERIC

Sorry to hear that. Did you confirm via the CCC's info panel that the correct BIOS version was flashed?

I'm using three Samsung 2343BWX with an Apple DP DVI adapter and the new BIOS cured it. I'm also using the latest hotfix (beta) 9.12 drivers which were released about a half day after the official 9.12. Been running with this new BIOS for the last few days for hours at a time with no blinking.

Edit: BTW, immediately following the BIOS flash, I had a few moments of garbled graphical glitches until I cold booted the system again. Been working fine since.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2009, 22:39 

I would like to say I've had my Dell Monitor (centre monitor with native DP) go off a few times. This only happens when loading games sometimes never when playing a game/at the desktop. It's usually to do with a resolution change from desktop to full screen all my monitors will go black but only the side monitors will return and the Dell just says no signal. Sometimes I don't see this problem for a few days but then it will keep happening repeatly for no apparent reason hehe.

I think it's something to do with the response time of the monitor when changing resolution? As sometimes the dell takes up to 3 seconds to change resolution where as my 2 side monitors are instantish.

I'm having the same problems as this guy, and have no idea how to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

It's a DELL P2210H

EDIT: My monitors work fine in eyefinity mode, but when going out of it, my displayport monitor goes blank.

Also when playing Dirt 2, it looks great in eyefinity, but I blue screen after about 5 min.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 06:20 

Well I am back was banned for a week but during that week one of my monitors using the dell adapter started flashing for the first time. I noticed this happen when I adjusted a network setting. Also after this happened I had tearing in my two dvi monitors the only way to get it to go away was to enable extended mode again but my desktop shortcut icon wasn't working anymore. My shortcuts very all the time sometimes they work others well...... I really really think this is software related and has nothing to do with the adapters. I went weeks with out any flashing and then after updating to 9.12 I started exp these issues.

Post subject: Received my VGA adapter
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 00:15 

I just received my Monoprice adapter. I'm using 2 1080p and 1 1680x1050 monitor. It works, kind of. I have to unplug and plug the adapter back in everytime - until I do that the control panel can't communicate with the DP to VGA monitor.

I tried a few games, and several worked pretty good. I did run into two issues. One with COD Modern Warfare 2 (little squished people, generally looked wrong, I tried widescreen fixer, it detected the game was running, it said "Fix Enabled: Yes", but the game didn't look any different. The other issue was Crysis locked up everytime during loading when using Eyefinity resolutions.

(edit: I did this as a reply to the thread about VGA adapters, it went into moderation since I'm a new user, and then appeared as a new thread instead. Can it be merged into that thread?)

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 05:33 

I was using the monoprice dp to vga adapter. Was getting the screen flash on and off every 10 min or so. Not a huge deal but annoying. Was reading about all the people that had a straight dp monitor and how much better they seemed to work. I got my dell p2210 dp monitor and monoprice minidp to dp cable. ( I have a 5970). Not one dropout in the last 3 hours. :D

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 06:01 

and I'm still going strong with the Accell adapter. Not one glitch.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 16:23 

and I'm still going strong with the Accell adapter. Not one glitch.

I reformated last night I got two new Velociraptors and put them in RAID 0. Have not had any problems yet. For some reason I think this is also caused by other programs settings. I imagine there are many reasons for it.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 16:51 

Just read the thread and wanted to add my specs. I have a 5970 and my displayport attached monitor blinks on and off when playing games in eyefinity. I use 3 identical Dell P2210H so I connect using displayport without an adapter. I don't getting any blinking on my desktop in windows 7. I have the desktop resolution set at 5760x1080. I get an error saying that my monitor cannot support the refresh rate or something to that effect. I can't remember exactly what it said.

It sounds like we are waiting for a driver update to fix the problem then?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 19:31 

I've heard of cases where just EMI from other devices close to the PC caused issues - in one case, just moving the PC sounds subwoofer away from the PC cleared up issues.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 48  Next