Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 05:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2009, 11:08 

Bottom line for me is:
[list]BIOS was the difference maker.
Adapter may or may NOT be the problem.
[/list:u]

My advice - if you are having trouble, flash the BIOS at a MINIMUM. This is simple as dirt and if you have another video card you can always boot and flash it back.

If you are still having trouble - replace the adapter or get a native DP monitor.

I am going to rma this adapter for another and try it with a monitor to match the Samsung's. The Dell is a 23" but the res was right (1920x1080).

Hope this was helpful for someone.

Yup. The BIOS that Dave posted a while back solved all Eyefinity related stability issues for me. My Apple DP DVI adapter has been rock solid for the better part of the week now with hours on end of gaming. No blinking or flashing. I've now overclocked to 900MHz and continue gaming on Eyefinity with no problems. Props to Dave. :D

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2009, 16:02 

[quote]
Bottom line for me is:
[list]BIOS was the difference maker.
Adapter may or may NOT be the problem.
[/list:u]

My advice - if you are having trouble, flash the BIOS at a MINIMUM. This is simple as dirt and if you have another video card you can always boot and flash it back.

If you are still having trouble - replace the adapter or get a native DP monitor.

I am going to rma this adapter for another and try it with a monitor to match the Samsung's. The Dell is a 23" but the res was right (1920x1080).

Hope this was helpful for someone.

Where can I get a BIOS for a 5750?

I am not sure -- maybe someone else can help with that? I'm just glad the available BIOS was for the card I have.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 23:40 

My vendor, XFX, believes the problem lies with my cable a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270259&cm_re=displayport-_-12-270-259-_-Product

Any suggestions on a replacement?

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 04:33 

i have a ati 5850 and 3 acer v243HQ, two connect with DVI and the other with a sapphire eyefinity DP to DVI adapter my monitor gose black every 10 seconds

Could I ask a question . Do you still have the package for the sapphire adapter? does it say where was it manufactured? or who manufactured it? or any relevant Information of where it originated from?

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 15:18 

[quote]i have a ati 5850 and 3 acer v243HQ, two connect with DVI and the other with a sapphire eyefinity DP to DVI adapter my monitor gose black every 10 seconds

Could I ask a question . Do you still have the package for the sapphire adapter? does it say where was it manufactured? or who manufactured it? or any relevant Information of where it originated from?

I didn't think those adapters were selling yet. If that is the case then there seems to be a problem here. If they are marketing these for Eyefinity then they believe this adapter solution will work. And if it isn't then are they not testing it.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 17:57 

This adapters are selling, i think sapphire simple doesn't test with many monitors.
Amd/ati knows about this problema in release note of 9.12 driver they write about this problem, i hope with new driver they fix it.
This is a image of adapters box

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 18:05 

Yeah, I didn't think they were selling yet either . They all look to be on back order still.
I was thinking maybe somehow the OP got one early some way.??

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 20:18 

Thanks for the pictures. Still a mystery. I have emailed Sapphire in hopes to gain more information on where and who makes this adapter. as well as any Information on testing Data. Being I'm just an everyday run of the mill user I doubt I will get any of that Info, but It is worth a try. I Have not had a reply yet but it has only been a couple of days.

On top of that I originally sent in a ticket on the Issue I was having at the start with the first Bizlink adapter I had . and was told that it would be passed on the the engineers and as soon as feedback was received that i would be notified . But I noticed that my ticket was closed shortly after that. which tells me they really don't care . has anyone else that has the Sapphire flavor GPU. been in contact with them about the Issues at hand? and what was there responce to You?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 05:41 

Hello all. New user here.

Just wanted to throw my name out there also. Having the same problem. Specs:

All brand new for this setup:
3 x Dell 2309w
Sapphire 5850
Accell Active adapter (Amazon)

Tried:
External USB power - one Belkin & one Apple
Swapping the monitors around
Swapping the cables around on the video card
Already have the latest BIOS

Observations:
Doesn't seem to happen as much with extended desktops and not gaming
Occurrences seem to get worse as time goes on - as if warming up is a catalyst

I think it is power related in some way.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 16:40 

One of the patterns I have noticed through out this thread is that the occurrences seem to become more frequent as time goes on.
It did for me when this was happening to me, and I think it was mentioned a few times by others

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 48  Next