Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 20:19 

It is important to note the part number / firmware revisions of the adapters (which is why we list them). The validation that we put into it has resulted in firmware changes on the adapter side and some earlier ones may not be at the latest firmware rev.

I noticed the part number / firmware revisions of the adapters.

But if the whole validation process was put in to place so end users can check to see what products have been Validated, Tested. How would say a end user like me check to see if the Adapter I would be getting is the right part/firmware. If I type in those part numbers and firmware. I'll I get is what looks to be firmware release notes printed in Korean or Chinese.

for Instance I type in part number Accell B087B-002B . It directs you to the various places you can buy the product. Amazon for example. You can see that someone has had a problem already in the user reviews for that part number . The same part number that has been listed as validated.

Type in Bizlink KS10008-131 , Nothing except a pdf file printed in Korean.

It just seams like it would be useful if the AMD validation page would list or show the methods used to determine that you are in fact getting the correct firmware revision.

Unless I'm missing something. If I am I stand corrected.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 01:10 

This is dissapointing. I am expiriencing the same flickering issues that everyone else is. I have 3xDell S2409W screens and an Accell B087B-002B-0924, which is on the list of ATI approved adapters. Unfortunately mine came with firmware version FW:034 as noted on the sticker. I have an ASUS EAH5870 and the bios mentioned earlier in this topic will not flash into my card, i get an SSID mismatch error. I am not opposed to flashing the card, but flashing fails everytime. I used the ATIFlash utility 3.79 while booting from a bootdisk to dos prompt. Hopefully this information can be of some help. It does not look like Accell offers firmware upgrades for their DP>DVI Adapters so i'm the winner of a $99 useless mass.

Debating Returning this card honestly, the NVIDIA 260 GTX i used got the same 60fps on every game i use anyway, only reason i bought this card was for Eyefinity and it fails.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 01:37 

:?

We need some disclosure and resolve here. First we were told to expect a driver update to resolve this and now it has changed to the adapters firmware revision being correct or not.

WHICH IS IT? Please for the love of god can the people with the resources and the know how to establish this fact please get to the bottom of it, knock it out of the park, MAKE IT EFFIN' WORK... etc...

I've exhausted just about all the options I have here in my HOUSE, and been given the ye olde "binder reader" runaround by various tech support entities.

Lets go were not getting any younger here, nor is any of our display rigs and expensive niche adapters APPRECIATING ANY VALUE while they sit useless on our desks.

I am certainly not given 2 months to ruminate on which ever fix by my employer. That INCLUDES flakey crap that someone just HAD to have that shouldn't be my main focus, but I get it done anyhow. Do likewise AMD/ATI/Bizlink, before i start writing eloquent bluesnews articles about how crappy this all is...

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 01:38 
Editors
Editors

Flashing probably fails because you don't use the full syntax. I had to force it to work. I used:
atiflash -f -p 0 nameofbios.rom

If you have two cards, you need to change 0 with 1 for second card.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 01:52 

Well im sitting here almost in tears because i did spend 1000bux to have eyefinity only to be horribly disappointed.

Can i use the 5870 bios on the 5850 card? I mean whats the worst that will happen i have a useless card anyhow

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 02:00 

Tamlin, i thought i was using the correct syntax atiflash -p 0 newbios.bin, which fails. However, adding in the -f switch allowed me to update my firmware and guess what....it works. I am incredibly happy right now, it has been running since about 1 minute after your post and i have had no flicker once a resolution is set.

For anyone else in this forum, FLASH your card with the bios from page 6 of this thread. Incredible!!

Thank you Tamlin for chiming in with the correct syntax.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 02:07 

:?

We need some disclosure and resolve here. First we were told to expect a driver update to resolve this and now it has changed to the adapters firmware revision being correct or not.

WHICH IS IT? Please for the love of god can the people with the resources and the know how to establish this fact please get to the bottom of it, knock it out of the park, MAKE IT EFFIN' WORK... etc...

I've exhausted just about all the options I have here in my HOUSE, and been given the ye olde "binder reader" runaround by various tech support entities.

Lets go were not getting any younger here, nor is any of our display rigs and expensive niche adapters APPRECIATING ANY VALUE while they sit useless on our desks.

I am certainly not given 2 months to ruminate on which ever fix by my employer. That INCLUDES flakey crap that someone just HAD to have that shouldn't be my main focus, but I get it done anyhow. Do likewise AMD/ATI/Bizlink, before i start writing eloquent bluesnews articles about how crappy this all is...

I feel for you man and the rest of us having problems there is soooo much I would love to say but everyone has it out for me so I won't say anything or I would get in troubles. From what I have been told Eyefinity works and there are no problems....sure wish I could say the same......

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 02:10 

Well im sitting here almost in tears because i did spend 1000bux to have eyefinity only to be horribly disappointed.

Can i use the 5870 bios on the 5850 card? I mean whats the worst that will happen i have a useless card anyhow

I have no idea what the 5870 Bios would do for you. I feel your pain and I am really irritated as well. I have a 5870 and have issues with flashing monitor, tearing every once in a while sometimes I can go days with no problems but randomly it will start having a issue then just stop it is irritating but I guess I have to just deal with it or move on to something else in the coming months.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 02:12 
Editors
Editors

Don't do that. I would rather try this one on a 5850 (but at your own risk of course):
http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=203&threadid=123623

Tamlin, i thought i was using the correct syntax atiflash -p 0 newbios.bin, which fails. However, adding in the -f switch allowed me to update my firmware and guess what....it works. I am incredibly happy right now, it has been running since about 1 minute after your post and i have had no flicker once a resolution is set.

For anyone else in this forum, FLASH your card with the bios from page 6 of this thread. Incredible!!

Glad I could help :) Had the same issue myself with flashing.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 02:14 

[quote]Well im sitting here almost in tears because i did spend 1000bux to have eyefinity only to be horribly disappointed.

Don't do that. I would rather try this one on a 5850 (but at your own risk of course):
http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=203&threadid=123623

Glad I could help :) Had the same issue myself with flashing.

What is everyone using to flash there cards guess I will try it? Kind of odd that I would have to flash the bios on a brand new card but.....Also I have never done this before so can someone give me some guidance. I have flashed motherboards so..... I just have never had to flash a video card before haha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 48  Next