Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 10:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:15 

Hi everyone Im Oliver new here on the forum, Im from Montreal Canada, I have read all the comments you post about the active adapter problem and the flickering monitor going off... I recently bought me 3 monitors samsung 24 inches to be able to play with eyefinity, I also buy me a Dell active display port adapter (Bizlink). I was looking to buy me the 5970 model but like you all know these cards are really hard to find, so I choose to buy the 5770 model to help me wait for the 5970... I experienced the same problem you all have, monitor connected on the adapter going off when I set the resolution at 5760X1200 flickering, I know how it can really pisse off... ;) but now I received my XfX 5970 Black Edition from newegg =) and my flickering monitor going off is COMPLETELY GONE. I use the exact same adapter that I was thinking to be a bad one... As I can see the problems is Only coming from the Video Card itself, not the adapter, not the monitor or the cable. So if you have to look for something to resolved the problem I bet this is Only the video card you can blame and by the way the company that did it ;) even if this cards are amazing when working properly!! I dont know if my experienced with this can help you guys I hope so! and for those who cant wait for the update fix as Ati talk earlier on this topic, I sugeste you to buy a 5970 if you can, this will resolve completely all your problems! So nice to meet you all guys I will try post if you have any questions feel free to ask!

(And by the way, Im french Canadian so dont look my english mistakes =P)

here link of my eyefinity setup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bt0SwMfEeU

English Mistakes? Heck, It's better than some people I know that have spoke it all there life.

The Information you posted is good to know

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 01:31 

[quote]
Thank you very much will try that later tonight.

You're welcome :)

Got it flashed thanks. Will update if I experience my monitors flashing. So far so good.

What is it with this bios that is different from the others. Why was it suggested to flash bios anyway. I know Dave had made a post saying if anyone wanted to at there own risk then.....

So is it a known issue with older bios is this the real fix?

Has anyone that has flashed there bios still exp problems?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 01:33 

[quote][quote]
Thank you very much will try that later tonight.

You're welcome :)

Got it flashed thanks. Will update if I experience my monitors flashing. So far so good.

What is it with this bios that is different from the others. Why was it suggested to flash bios anyway. I know Dave had made a post saying if anyone wanted to at there own risk then.....

So is it a known issue with older bios is this the real fix?

Has anyone that has flashed there bios still exp problems? Have you got a 5850? What bios do you use?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 01:46 

Have you got a 5850? What bios do you use?

No I have a 5870

Used Bios that Tamlin posted on pg 23

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 02:00 

[quote]Yes, my accell DP>DVI adapter with FW:034 is working just fine at a resolution of 1920X1080. All my flickering problems disappeared with the flashing of the bios, nothing else was needed to fix my problem.

Have you got a 5870 or a 5850?
What bios did you use?

I have a 5870, and i used the bios listed on page 6 of this thread.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 03:24 

ok so its not the firmware revision as we have mixed reports on 034 version units.

I have also tried this 8.70 9.12 post hotfix revision that was put on the net yesterday to no avail.

:x

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 03:28 

oh and i know I dont have some baller 5870 or whatever, but CAN THE REST OF US PRETTY PLEASE BE POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR A BIOS!!!!!!!!

I see one more person tell a 5850 user about their 5870 bios im going to kick something.

We need the fixed bios for more than the 5870, we need 5850, 5770, and 5750 bios' that do not have this issue with their displayport...

DO I HAVE TO BEG OH LOOK I ALREADY AM

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 21:08 

This is my adapter from sapphire.
I bought it on 20 dec in italy.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 23:46 

My update:

RMA'd my Accell adapter from Amazon and got a replacement.
Flashed my 5850's BIOS

Didn't help. Screen still blanks out.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 04:28 

Just wanted to add my experience here...

I'm running the Accell adapter at 2560x1600 on a dell 3007wfphc and at first I had this issue although it was very rare, once every couple days and never while I was in a game, only when changing resolutions back and forth a lot (vantage would do it every time by the 3rd or 4th benchmark).

Since then I've had to RMA my primary 5970 (artifacting slowly took over everything) and switched over to the other card... Blanking problem gone completely, hasn't happened again in a week or so. I've also stopped using overdrive because of the "screen flinching" issue on some monitors whenever it's active (even if I OC 1MHz). So for me it seems to have been either a card specific issue or overdrive related... I'll play around with turning overdrive back on and see if I can reproduce the blanking, if not, I have a feeling it was that card.

I'm running the cat 9.12 hotfix driver.

Also using *50 foot* super thick DVI cables with no issues.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 48  Next