Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 07:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 16:10 

I too am running a 20" portrait x 30" landscape x 20" portrait configuration and pray that they FIX eyefinity to accomodate this.

Think about it, most of your enthusiasts buy high end cards to push hi resolution screens and a TON of enthusiasts like me already have a 2560x1600 screen and don't wanna nerf down to a smaller triple screen setup.

1200x1600 2560x1600 1200x1600 is such an awesome setup because it is not too wide or costly versus a triple 2560x1600p setup and it is also easier on your video cards resources.

It is a big mistake to not support portrait x landscape x portrait mode and since nobody really supports that yet, it would be very lucrative for ati to do it, because it they do it I will ebay my 8800ultras and buy a 5870x2 no questions asked!

Otherwise I may as well just wait for the gt300 and play the same ol same ol.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 17:14 

[quote]
I just want to agree that Potrait + Landscape + Portrait mode is very important, but more importantly the ability to combine multiple monitors in various orientations will be essential to its success in my opinion..

I tend to disagree. Doing an obscure combination of displays will not ensure it's success. My BS meter is going off when I saw that statement. Sure, there are a faction of multi-display people asking for this I've seen about a half-dozen alone in my reading, but it's not going to cause the failure of the feature just because it doesn't work for you (yet). :wink:

I think it will be important for the masses (success in numbers), I mean how many people outside of these forums can afford to purchase 3 identical display port monitors for Eyefinity? I mean we gobble up this opportunity because that is what we do, but how marketable is this technology for the masses?

I know a lot of people that have hodge podge monitor setups lying around and who don't care if they match up.. They just don't care.. This card allows them to throw those monitors on a desk and roll with only 1 card, but at the cost of a card and an adapter at this point is still $400-$500 as much as a new computer for some (not me) but some... I just built a set up for a professional online poker player who wanted 3 montiors simply for playing multiple poker games simultaneously.. He had 3 montiors and none of them match, but they all work at the cost of 2 video cards and some sketchy Nvidia drivers... Would have been better to put one of these cards in his system, but not yet practical...

I also think more people have (portrait - landscape - portrait) or "an obscure combination" of setups than have ie. (3) 24 inch montior setups at least until now... When I look on [H]ardForums and Xtreme Systems more people (especially the admins and owners) have PLP and "obscure combinations" than 3 identical displays for sure...

See for yourself (700 pages of obscure combinations):

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=862341

As for the BS meter I thought the forums were for making contributions not defending positions..

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 19:12 
Insiders
Insiders

As for the BS meter I thought the forums were for making contributions not defending positions..

My opinion is no more valid than anyone elses around here. Just because I have a differing opinion on a matter does not mean I don't respect others to have opinions too. I don't believe that I was defending any position at all. I was merely stating from my experience most people have matching resolution displays. It just happens to be that your position is that they don't. We're coming at it from different perspectives -- nothing more nothing less. Nothing to read into there. I was under the impression that I contribute just fine around here. :wink:

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 19:27 
Editors
Editors

When, exactly, did this thread become a 'my contributions are better than yours' contest?

Hm?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 21:27 

When, exactly, did this thread become a 'my contributions are better than yours' contest?

Hm?

LOL

(I think this contribution should deserve the golden contribution cup, shouldn't it ?) :wink:

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 01:17 

[quote]

My opinion is no more valid than anyone elses around here. Just because I have a differing opinion on a matter does not mean I don't respect others to have opinions too. I don't believe that I was defending any position at all. I was merely stating from my experience most people have matching resolution displays. It just happens to be that your position is that they don't. We're coming at it from different perspectives -- nothing more nothing less. Nothing to read into there. I was under the impression that I contribute just fine around here. :wink:

So no one read any previous aspect of the post they just got caught up in the "BS Meter".. You can disagree with someone without calling it BS for the record (not much respect in that statement).. Since your BS Meter went off I kind of had to defend my position I wasn't saying that you are not contributiing...

Regardless, I am aware that ATI is listening and I would really like them to hear those of us with the Landscape Portrait Landescape20/30/20 configurations and make these cards compatible with our set ups PLEASE...

This is the ATI (competitive advantage) moment they have been waiting for since the 7800GTX.. I am just saying embrace the moment and improve compatibility so that ATI becomes the market leader, and gives all of us a reason to jump... Everyone all inclusive., the entire market.. Now ATI the ball is in your court, how will you define the moment?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 03:04 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]

So no one read any previous aspect of the post they just got caught up in the "BS Meter".. You can disagree with someone without calling it BS for the record (not much respect in that statement).. Since your BS Meter went off I kind of had to defend my position I wasn't saying that you are not contributiing...

Regardless, I am aware that ATI is listening and I would really like them to hear those of us with the Landscape Portrait Landescape20/30/20 configurations and make these cards compatible with our set ups PLEASE...

This is the ATI (competitive advantage) moment they have been waiting for since the 7800GTX.. I am just saying embrace the moment and improve compatibility so that ATI becomes the market leader, and gives all of us a reason to jump... Everyone all inclusive., the entire market.. Now ATI the ball is in your court, how will you define the moment?

It was just my way of saying that I didn't agree with the logic of the statement. IMHO, I believe EyeFinity will be a great success if they only would get CrossFire fixed. Everything else is just icing on the cake. They're making a list of consumer suggestions and input that we've seen readily apparent in the last week or so. One would think your suggestion is on it too for review. If they put my "out in left field" suggestion of projection blending in for review one would think the LPL mixed display thing would be much higher on the list of plausibility.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 05:57 

We had an Eyefinity (EF) future roadmap meeting today. DaveB & I referred directly to this forum as validation for several of the features under discussion. A few features are already in the works and will be delivered as soon as we can complete the work. Some other features will be released coincident with the Six. There will be additional features released on a regular schedule after the Six.

More than this I can't say at this time. There will be information forthcoming later on. I realize this is mostly a whole lot of no information, but it should be of some satisfaction to know that your voices have been heard.

SunSp*t

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 07:20 
Insiders
Insiders

We had an Eyefinity (EF) future roadmap meeting today. DaveB & I referred directly to this forum as validation for several of the features under discussion. A few features are already in the works and will be delivered as soon as we can complete the work. Some other features will be released coincident with the Six. There will be additional features released on a regular schedule after the Six.

More than this I can't say at this time. There will be information forthcoming later on. I realize this is mostly a whole lot of no information, but it should be of some satisfaction to know that your voices have been heard.

SunSp*t
Awesome to hear that, it may be a 'whole lot of nothing' but having 2 industry personnel here is just great. Looking forward to getting the news as it is released. Please keep us informed as your schedule allows :)

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 08:14 

If Eyefinity aims at lowering the entry barrier for triple screen gaming then the ability to mix and match resolutions and orientations is important I would think. At the SoftTH forum you can find people using all kinds of combinations of monitors, often simply because they had them sitting around anyway.

What I would like to know is if this feature is currently not available because AMD didn't have time or consider it important, or are there technical constraints preventing this as I think Mr Killebrew suggested previously?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 72  Next