Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 23:43 

Hi, these are some of the most realistic and my favorite racing sims, so i,m wondering if some one can answer the title question to this thread ??

thanks in advance, Hayden.

PS- demos are available on steam for RACE 07

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 23:58 

I'm pretty sure guys are running them using SoftTH so it shouldn't be a problem.

iRacing has triple screen support and bezel management built in so it's brilliant with Eyefinity.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 19:59 

I believe both titles have stretched GUIs, but are fine in-game. They work with SoftTH and TripleHead2Go, so they will work with EyeFinity. This is the nice thing about this technology - the triplehead solution in software is the same for all three triplehead methods even though the hardware used to achieve a three-screen display is different.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 17:57 

I tried Race 07 demo last night. System: Eyefinity, Win7, plus latest RC. While 3 monitors worked, there were issues. There's the already mentioned stretched GUI, but more troubling was the missing graphics. There are some trackside objects missing, some distance popup, and opponent cars appear out of nowhere. You only see their shadow pass you then you see the car. It's not very playable.

Didn't get to try GT legends demo. Launching it resulted in an error on my system. Won't get to try it further as my system got hosed after that. I'm not sure if it was the game or some other stuff I did in changing folder permissions.

LiveforSpeed demo worked great, and looked amazing on three monitors. But that game has been out for a while so I'm not sure how big an online community it still has.

RaceOn demo worked and looked great on 3 monitors, made by the same people as Race 07 I'm guessing since the menu GUI looked the same. The GUI isn't stretched though, so it's much easier to navigate.

I liked the driving feel of RaceOn better but the cockpit view felt just a touch claustrophobic compared to LFS. The sunshade in the car just blocks so much of the view it's kinda ridiculous.

Anyway, Eyefinity has me excited in playing racing games (and games in general) again. It has that "being right there" feeling, compared to looking through a window of just using 1 monitor. I can't wait to get back home and play, and I haven't felt that since the Quake CTF days.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 18:39 

All of the gMotor2-engined games (i.e. rFactor, GTR2, GTR2 Evolution, GTL, RACE '06, RACE '07, WTCC, STCC, RACE ON, etc.) have user-definable field-of-view settings. If you think the cockpit is too claustrophobic, increase the FOV.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 21:37 

All of the gMotor2-engined games (i.e. rFactor, GTR2, GTR2 Evolution, GTL, RACE '06, RACE '07, WTCC, STCC, RACE ON, etc.) have user-definable field-of-view settings. If you think the cockpit is too claustrophobic, increase the FOV.

That's good to know, thanks. I'll mess around with the FOV to try to get it just right. LFS was perfect right out of the box, the view plus the mirrors gives almost total awareness of the surroundings.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 05:20 

I bought the "Race On bundle" on Steam yesterday. The bundle consist of Race 07, STCC, and Race On for $29.99 total.

The interesting thing is that Race 07 works great with Eyefinity. I didn't have any of the graphical issues that I had with the demo. Even the menu is fixed, and not stretched like it was in the demo.

I've previously only dabbled in racing games, but Eyefinity takes racing games to another level. It's so much easier to judge turns when you can glance over to a side monitor to see further into the corners.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 06:43 

There's the already mentioned stretched GUI, but more troubling was the missing graphics. There are some trackside objects missing, some distance popup, and opponent cars appear out of nowhere. You only see their shadow pass you then you see the car. It's not very playable.

I have had the same problem in Evo and fixed it by altering the FOV just slightly (as in less), in an open wheeler the front tyres aren't visable etc

As for being claustrphobic, as mentioned above, move the seat forward or back and up and down to get your optimal seating position, or you may have it set to realistic view, which will be low and far back as in the real cars.

Solution B would be try open wheelers or get larger screens...... :lol: just jokes...

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 00:58 

Latest Steam patch for Race07/GTREVO sorts out all issues with streched GUI's misplaced HUD missing trackside objects etc with TH2Go so I imagines fixes it for Eyefinity as well.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 06:25 

...The interesting thing is that Race 07 works great with Eyefinity. I didn't have any of the graphical issues that I had with the demo. Even the menu is fixed, and not stretched like it was in the demo.

Great to find this old thread here as I have GTR Evolution but not played it in a long time, so wondered if it might work with Eyefinity :cheers