Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 07:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 20:31 

Get them while they are hot...

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 20:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Super size it and I'd like a side order of 5870 Six port with that please. :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009, 22:50 
Editors
Editors

I'll take two.

Three if they'll work without too much faffing around on my Radeon 3650 in my Dell Studio 17. (Last time I tried to mod the drivers to work on laptop chipsets, they installed, but broke on the reboot and needed me to rollback the drivers. :(

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 19:00 

Somewhat related (though not directly Eyefinity related), we have posted a couple of DX11 demos here:

http://developer.amd.com/samples/demos/pages/ATIRadeonHD5800SeriesRealTimeDemos.aspx

Also, the engine developer Unigine have uploaded a DirectX 11 techdemo here:

http://unigine.com/download/#heaven

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 08:20 
Editors
Editors

Dave, I found a bug in the new drivers that I did not notice in the 10/13 5800 series only driver.

I get a flicker/blink on the display port monitor in some situations.

Dragging a window behind the windows taskbar will cause it to randomly clip and blink a tad, also I have seen the flicker/clipping behavior in game a few times, It only happens on my display port monitor and it so far has only happened on the lower part of the screen.

Is there a good place I should go place this bug report, or could you perhaps take it straight to the place where it should be and skip that middle man.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 10:02 

Dave, I found a bug in the new drivers that I did not notice in the 10/13 5800 series only driver.

Dragging a window behind the windows taskbar will cause it to randomly clip and blink a tad, also I have seen the flicker/clipping behavior in game a few times, It only happens on my display port monitor and it so far has only happened on the lower part of the screen.

Is there a good place I should go place this bug report, or could you perhaps take it straight to the place where it should be and skip that middle man.

I'm getting a flicker when I open CCC. I was using RC7 and had a mouse pointer problem and poor performance in the Windows Experience Test. Now I still have the oversized mouse pointer problem but Windows Experience won't work at all. It starts chugging and then fails.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 01:41 

Try disabling ATI Overdrive ... it does it also with older releases... known driver bug. If you really want to use it you can manually enter the correct values for GPU and memory clock by creating a profile or else the values are incorrect when using multiples screens. I personnaly will wait for a good driver release.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 05:34 
Editors
Editors

not using overdrive :D

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 12:21 

My computer has been behaving badly even after a clean installation of Win 7 64 bit. I just had a BSOD and Windows error reports says that the ATI drivers have fallen over 47 times.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 14:18 

not using overdrive :D

:? It definitely fixed the issue for me... sorry