Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Aug 2024, 01:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2009, 20:07 

Currently i have 2 X Dell 3007 monitors however i wish to run them in eyefinity when i purchase my new 5870 and I7 system. However there is a large range of monitors, I wish to use it mainly for gaming. Having looked about 2 seemed to pop up the Dell Dell U2410 and the HP LP2475 which seem to have the new H-IPS LG panels in and get largely good reviews.

I looked at the dell but its even more pricy than the HP, apparently panels have loads of issues with simply not being the same and the contrast is not meant to be great.

If im spending so much money on some monitors i want them to be pretty damn good and not plagued with issues! These hp ones seem to be pretty good but realistically they are above my budget especially if im getting 3 of them...

I mean basically viewing angles are pretty damn irrelevent as is colour accuracy. This at the end of the day is for gaming on. So Is it worth paying double the money for a H-IPS based panel when a cheaper TN panel may yield just as good results in the situation im looking for or are they THAT much better? If the latter is the case then i may be persuaded to part with some cash for these HP monitors...

1) Is it worth spending money on 3 x HP LP2475 monitors?
2) If these monitors arn't worth it then what are some alternative 24" models with display port which have a good response time and decent contrast?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 11:10 
Insiders
Insiders

If it is just for gaming then if you want the best of the best, get the HP or the Dell. IMO, if you have time to look at everything whilst playing an intensive game then you are playing the game to either show off at how high settings you can run, or to pick faults with the game. It's not often playing CS 1.6 you get time to see how shit it looks, because someone is shooting you.

Samsung do some very nice panels with low "input lag", which make them ideal for gaming, LG offer many too.

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/index2.html is a very good, informative site on such matters.

For actual recommendation I don't know, but if you want a home for 1 or both of your 3007's.... ;)

DC3217IYE | 1x4GB Vengeance | 64GB M4 | TX-42VT20E

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 23:15 

For actual recommendation I don't know, but if you want a home for 1 or both of your 3007's.... ;)

Well ive already sold one, but my second is still available. But not sure how much shipping from uk to yourself would be!
If you want it feel free to pm me...

Cheers for the response!