Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 06:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: If its any use...
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 01:13 

Hi guys,

Prob of no use as a lot has been covered in this thread but I have the and this setup:

Asus M2N68-AM 2000MT/s (NVIDIA 7025)
OCZ 600W Stealth XStream - Low Noise
AMD Phenom II X4 955 (4 x 3.2 GHz) 8MB - Black Edition
ATI Radeon HD 5870 - 1 GB - 2xDVI/HDMI (Sapphie) (Includes Dirt2 & BattleStation Games) NEW!!
3 x Acer DVI 22" 5MS Monitor (Model V223W)
4GB PC-6400 800 MHZ (2 x 2 GB) (DDR2)
Cooler Master Mytique 631
Accell DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Adapator

I've tried every combination of screen layouts (e.g. displayport in centre etc etc) have noticed i dont get the problem (at all) if i run the screen plugged into the accell at low res (such as 800x600 yuk!!!). Im running the other two at 1680x1050.

Not brave enough to flash the gpu so Im waiting a month or so to see if ATI release anything, they know its a problem im sure...

For the time i did get Eyefinity to work across 3 screens, i played EVE online and i was about as excited as a 4 year old on christmas eve so im hanging in there for an official fix cos man it was amazing.

While im stuck in 800x600 i will be cranking up dosbox and a copy of Skyroads......

Post subject: Re: If its any use...
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 20:29 
Insiders
Insiders

The problem is the Adapter, I have only the seen this issue about 3 times on these boards. But most generally it's the adapter, Those adapters are hit and mostly miss on whether they work or not. You can try a DP->VGA adapter as they generally have more success.

BTW, Skyroads is Awesome, you need to get the Updated remake called Tasty Static.
http://www.tastystatic.com/
Guess what? It's also supports surround gaming right out of the box.
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=16830&p=165201 - Detailed Widescreen Report

Post subject: Re: If its any use...
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 20:53 

The problem is the Adapter, I have only the seen this issue about 3 times on these boards. But most generally it's the adapter, Those adapters are hit and mostly miss on whether they work or not. You can try a DP->VGA adapter as they generally have more success.

BTW, Skyroads is Awesome, you need to get the Updated remake called Tasty Static.
http://www.tastystatic.com/
Guess what? It's also supports surround gaming right out of the box.
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=16830&p=165201 - Detailed Widescreen Report

Most would probably want to wait for the newer drivers next month. I guess they could fix the DP port signal strength via driver.

BIOS flashing fixed my setup and I now run reliably and am happy as can be. My Apple adapter and Samsung 2343BWX run solid with no blinking.

BTW, the DP VGA adapter which I also have, showed similar blinking issues prior to the BIOS upgrade.