Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 14:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New eyefinity problems
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 22:38 

I have just set up an eyefinity setup tonight with HD 5870 but I can't seem to get most games working with it.

I thought left 4 dead (1 and 2) worked without problems or mods - they are not working for me. COD MW2 also gives me the correct resolution to pick but then stretches a 1920x1200 picture over the 2 screens.

TF2 does not show the new eyefinity res in menu.

The just cause demo works fine.

Mirror's edge wont even open the game.

Any tips for a new user? I know there is a wide screen fixer but I thought some of the above games were meant to work right out of the box with eyefinity.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 23:18 

Have you checked the tips for those games in this section:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/Category:Surround

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 00:49 
Founder
Founder

Did you set up the Eyefinity group? What configuration are you using?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 01:23 

Left 4 dead 1 and 2 only show up the eyefinity resolutions when you select 16:9 aspect ratio in the game. It is the same for some other games.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 01:29 

Did you set up the Eyefinity group? What configuration are you using?

Do you mean config as in what are my specs?

Left 4 dead 1 and 2 only show up the eyefinity resolutions when you select 16:9 aspect ratio in the game. It is the same for some other games.

I am, at 16:10 and they don't work, they are 1920x1200 x 3 (same thing on each monitor)

I can get other games working - these valve ones don't seem to work

they are 16:10

TF2 is on steam so should I delete all local files and reinstal (and same with L4D 1 and 2)?

I can get some games working fine (like just cause demo) some work but with strange screens (like BF2 v1.5) but others don't seem to work (like red faction guerrilla) or don't now even load (like mirrors edge).

I feel like I have gone back to the early to mid 90's and am learing to write boot disks again to get games working

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 01:32 

[quote]Did you set up the Eyefinity group? What configuration are you using?

Do you mean config as in what are my specs?

I am, at 16:10 and they don't work, they are 1920x1200 x 3 (same thing on each monitor)

I can get other games working - these valve ones don't seem to work

they are 16:10

TF2 is on steam so should I delete all local files and reinstal (and same with L4D 1 and 2)?

I can get some games working fine (like just cause demo) some work but with strange screens (like BF2 v1.5) but others don't seem to work (like red faction guerrilla) or don't now even load (like mirrors edge).

I feel like I have gone back to the early to mid 90's and am learing to write boot disks again to get games working

Doesn't matter that your using 16:10 monitors. Just set 16:9 in the game menu to unhide the eyfinity resolutions ;) It doesn't really set 16:9 that is just where the options are.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 03:31 
Founder
Founder

Doesn't matter that your using 16:10 monitors. Just set 16:9 in the game menu to unhide the eyfinity resolutions ;) It doesn't really set 16:9 that is just where the options are.

16:9 is the widest ratio in the Valve Source-based games. They group multi-monitor with 16:9. Trust us.

Have you looked at our Games List?
- BF2 needs the hack from Racer_S
- Red Faction: Guerilla requires a HEX edit
- Mirror's Edge also needs a hack from Racer_S

Just Cause 2 has native support, as do the Source games from Valve, if you make the right selection. Other games may take tweaking of various degrees. Since you know some games work fine, it's not the HW setup but the game configuration.

I remember the days of boot discs as well. This isn't near as bad as trying to deal with EMM and EMS in DOS 5.0 (or prior).

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 18:32 

CHEERS GUYS!!!! DAM VALVE HAHAHAH

I was going insane!

thanks for that!!! :cheers

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 19:46 
Insiders
Insiders

You don't really need to hex edit Red Faction Guerilla, that's only in some rare cases. I think default is it sets itself to your desktop resolution.

Anyway I don't recommend trying to run that game in EF resolutions, you will be very disappointed -- I know I was (and just look at my HW specs, I'm not exactly running mid tier here).

------

Mirror's Edge is smooth as butter though even on very high settings, why can't every game scale that well :roll: