Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 07:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 02:25 

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere.

http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx

Are you telling me that if I purchase the first dongle on the list, I don't need one of those $100+ dealy bobs? So it doesn't need to be an "Active Adapter" and yet I get the same DVI/HDMI/Displayport quality using 3-screen Eyefinity?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CXV92W/ref=asc_df_B001CXV92W1010773?smid=A2YLYLTN75J8LR&tag=shopzilla_mp_1108-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B001CXV92W

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 06:38 

I'm not sure how validated any of those are as I have one (B087B-002B) from the list and it is unusable due to the monitor blinking on and off.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 07:06 

The website states:

"Validation is AMD's highest award of quality. Validated products undergo extensive synthetic and real-world testing to help ensure a good customer experience. Validated products include components, and software that are critical for an optimal experience with ATI Eyefinity Technology. For the best assurance of quality, interoperability and a positive user experience, choose a Validated product."

Knowing how the technology works in practical, everyday use, I don't really know what to think about this. It does seem unfortunate that users here seem to have had some really poor experiences with the validated hardware that appears on that list. It seems like this would have a retro-active impact on how folks feel about their ATI hardware if it doesn't work right. Maybe someone will stop in and clarify if we should be pointing prospective users towards purchasing hardware from this list, or not.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 16:07 

I'm not sure how validated any of those are as I have one (B087B-002B) from the list and it is unusable due to the monitor blinking on and off.

I have that very same adapter myself and it works on my Benq FP241W.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 17:34 

Whats the model number of the monitor that had the flashing problems, DW?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 10:34 

Validated to be a piece of crap :lol: Many here have had problems with the adapters listed on that site myself included.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 03:20 

Same Model number on my unusable Accell.

Video of the problem here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRVV2w1Ib2o

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 14:35 

[quote]I'm not sure how validated any of those are as I have one (B087B-002B) from the list and it is unusable due to the monitor blinking on and off.

Video of the problem here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRVV2w1Ib2oIs that third monitor on standby? If so, have you tried turning it off, then on again? Reason why I say this is because, sometimes one of my monitor stays off (usually the one on the right), I find that switching my monitor off then on again works.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 06:25 

[quote]I'm not sure how validated any of those are as I have one (B087B-002B) from the list and it is unusable due to the monitor blinking on and off.

Whats the model number of the monitor that had the flashing problems, DW?

BenQ G2220HD

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 15:21 

[quote][quote]I'm not sure how validated any of those are as I have one (B087B-002B) from the list and it is unusable due to the monitor blinking on and off.

Video of the problem here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRVV2w1Ib2oIs that third monitor on standby? If so, have you tried turning it off, then on again? Reason why I say this is because, sometimes one of my monitor stays off (usually the one on the right), I find that switching my monitor off then on again works.

Nope, it's not going into standby. I can turn the monitor off and back on, and it will show that it has no DVI connection, as you can see in the video. The only way to get the image back is if I unplug the monitor from the DP > DVI port and replug it back in.. The monitor will then turn off right away. It will only stay on at 1280 x 1024 resolution.

Has anyone tried the B087B-001B the single link DVI on eyefinity? it's validated, but I'm at $200 on cables already and don't want to go ahead with another one until i know it works.. (@ $200 until I can get my refund from amazon(fail).com)

-Tanshin

edit: Here is something interesting... On the validated website, it says my adapter is validated for firmware 1.01... my cable has a piece of white tape around it that says F/W: 034.

Is there anyone with a working adapter that can verify firmwares?