Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 15:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 03:23 

(Mods, if you feel this belongs in the previous thread, please move it accordingly. I feel that since the questions are now different and having to do with the outcome vs. whether or not it's even possible it deserves a new thread.)

Previous thread, for those wanting some backround:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18297

I now have 2 5770's Crossfired in Eyefinity mode. Two monitors are hooked in through DVI, and the third is using a Displayport to VGA adapter. I also bought a cheap card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261043&cm_re=8400gs-_-14-261-043-_-Product) which has VGA, HDMI, and DVI outputs.

Now, for my first question, the 8400 sits right on top of one of my 5770s because of the way my motherboard put the PCI-E slots. While they are not physically touching, they are very close. Since there is an exhaust fan (I believe) on the 8400, is this dangerous for my 5770 right below it? The temperatures for my cards are 8400=57 degrees, 5700=51 degrees, and 5700=37 degrees, all celcius. I really don't have a clue on whether that is bad or not.

Second, while it took some fiddling, I finally got it where I could use 3 1080p monitors in Eyefinity, a 720p TV and a 1280x1024 monitor in extended mode. But the problem is that every time I restart the computer, I get the displayport error, and 2 of my 1080p monitors are off. I have to unplug the displayport adapter and plug it back in, and then everything is fixed. Considering I don't think I should have to do this everytime, and it didn't have this problem before I had the 3 graphics card for extended monitors, is there a way to fix it?