Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 08:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: eyefinity with 720p
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 18:59 

im am using 720p projectors, the ati card finds them with name, setting up a group is no problem too - but not with the right resolution. i only can choose 5760x1080 and 3 other totaly worthless resolutions (not even the right aspect ratio). so at the moment i have to use 3x full hd what cost me 50% performance and forces my projectors to downscale what makes the picture even worse.
i tried the EDID method but that doesnt work at windows7 64bit at all, becouse my windows doesnt accept inf files made with moninfo. even when i use the phoenix tool to read out my registry data and make a inf from that it gets rejected... so "solved" is maybe not realy the right description for that topic....

for me eyefinity is a big disappointment, how the hell can u make such a feature and than screw it totaly with resolution castration....

if anybody has an idea how to work around on windows 7 64bit i would be more than thankful.

Post subject: Re: eyefinity with 720p
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 05:04 

im am using 720p projectors, the ati card finds them with name, setting up a group is no problem too - but not with the right resolution. i only can choose 5760x1080 and 3 other totaly worthless resolutions (not even the right aspect ratio). so at the moment i have to use 3x full hd what cost me 50% performance and forces my projectors to downscale what makes the picture even worse.
i tried the EDID method but that doesnt work at windows7 64bit at all, becouse my windows doesnt accept inf files made with moninfo. even when i use the phoenix tool to read out my registry data and make a inf from that it gets rejected... so "solved" is maybe not realy the right description for that topic....

for me eyefinity is a big disappointment, how the hell can u make such a feature and than screw it totaly with resolution castration....

if anybody has an idea how to work around on windows 7 64bit i would be more than thankful.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. A lot of us have been there. :( That being said, I also have Win 7 64 bit and did not have trouble with moninfo or phoenix. As far as I know, a 720p resolution is not currently supported, but if I had to guess I would say that in the future it will be avaliable. As of right now, the EDID mask is the route you need to go. I personally couldn't tell you what to do to fix it, but maybe someone here knows why the programs are not working for you. Maybe you can be more specific on what errors you are getting with those programs?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 13:54 

when i dont use the monitors as group (only cloned or expanded desktop) they work perfectly with 1280x720. only in a group i am limited to 3x 1920x1080.

my problem with the edid routine is at the last step. when i want windows to install the custom inf file as a driver i get an error from windows. i am told there would be "no driver in the folder, and if there is a driver i have to make shure it is for 64bit".
like i wrote even when i read out my registry and convert it to a inf without any modification i get that error.

sorry for my english ;)

i will upload my monitor data and custom file later on, maybe someone can make a look at it...

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 15:44 

here are my files

http://rapidshare.com/files/350527421/default.dat.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/350527838/720p.dat.html

like i said, when i make inf files with moninfo windows7 64bit doesnt accept them as proper driver for my monitors.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 17:28 

no one with an idea here ? ;)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 21:11 

Hi I can't download the file from rapidshare because its overloaded at the moment... I hate rapdishare :lol:

I was able to install my modified .inf on windows 7 x64. It could be some sort of restriction that applies to projectors and not monitors though.

How did you try to install the inf?

The way I do it is going to device manager then monitors right click over the first display / update driver software / Browse computer for driver software / Let me pick from a list of device drivers / Have disk / Browse to inf / Select to install even though its not digitally signed / repeat process for 2nd and 3rd display/ restart PC.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 22:23 

i tried it over "screenresolution"-"advanced"-"properties" etc.

your way aactually worked!

but not as i hoped. now one screen has no curser and one screen doesnt show up on windows start at all, only 1 is working now....

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 23:17 

Can you explain in more detail what you see now. Including the resolutions and refresh rates of the two monitors that show a display.

How are the projectors connected to the card? Are you using any adapters? What GPU are you using? What ATI driver version? What are the available resolution options in CCC after you applied the modified EDID?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 23:36 

5870 lcs.
10.1 driver (no hotfix)

one is connected via hdmi (no cursor), one via dhvi-hdmi adapter (ok), one via displayport-vga adapter (this is the one that cant be found anymore).

hdtv resolutions available are 720p & 1080p @60hz but in my edid file was no 1080p.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 23:52 

With the original EDID where you able to get the display working with the displayport to vga adapter using 720p? Did you try switching between duplicate and extended mode for the 2nd projector to see if the cursor appears? Can you create an eyefinity group using just the two projectors of 2560 x 720?

When you made the EDID did you create a new one or modify an existing one? Can you upload the dat files to another sharing site because rapidshare still wont let me get them.