Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 08:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bios Flashing 5870's
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 04:36 

Unfortunatly I finally recieved my last parts to complete my eyefinity set up and I have the dreaded blinking monitor issue... my question is my Bios is one from november 26, I think its the same one that Dave linked up for us.. not completly sure.. anyway its version # 012.014.000.005... I have been looking every where for a decent thread to help guide me on the flashing process!! Anyone know a site you could point me to.. too help me out a bit? I am not getting very far by myself this time. I have cards laying around so I dont mind taking a risk, I should be able to fix in case something happens. All the programs I have tried to use seem to be 32 bit or just not compatible with windows 7, or do I have to make a dos boot disk? I will read through that 29 page thread again about the blinking issues maybe I missed on some decent directions in there.. I have tried winziip RBE, ATI Flash.. but I dont think I am using these programs right.

I guess for now I will go play some crysis I should be able to max that out on a single screen for now :searchplease :rockout

Post subject: Re: Bios Flashing 5870's
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 06:45 

thx dave for the reply in the other thread I made :rockout I bascially just unhooked all my usb devices I had alot of them. I moved just the mouse and keyboard devices to the front panel usb ports and even though there are 6 ports in the back for testing I am just using the Active Display Port adapter and ya know what!! It worked.. no flashing or anything perfection.. my goodness eyefinity is amazing atleast when its working right. I do get a little dizzy from playing. Atleast I figured out the problem and can address it more when I have time. Thanks again guys!

I actually want to order a usb hub just so I can have my ports on my main rig back.. eyefinity is great but I cant have anything plugged in the back besides the active adapter. Anyone using an external usb hub to power there active adapters? If so which one did you order up?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 00:10 

I talk to myself in real life so this thread is totally appropriate. My eyefinity issues arent just going to go away.. when I boot up my eyefinity set up either doesnt blink at all, or it will blink a few times a minute consistantly... there really is no ryhme or reason. I believe if I set up my resolution to 1280x1024 I dont get any blinking regardless. I have xfx 5870's and when I say blinking I just mean the monitor thats hooked up to the active display port.. atleast I can experiance eyefinity in all its glory but I am ocd when it comes to my pc everything has to be running perfectly and I need to know why if its not.. and I am having issues on finding out why. Sometimes works flawless sometimes it wont stop blinking, strange. So I decided I would flash my cards today, the only thing I cant seem to get right is making a ms dos boot disk from my usb flash drive... I even paid 4 bucks to bootdisk.com so I could download there files. Hmmm I suck at dos things... :doh instructions seem simple enough.. but I have windows 7 64 bit and I cant make a friggen usb boot disk.. wtf is wrong with me! Does windows 7 have a feature that will allow me to make a boot disk?, sorry for the newb question..

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 00:10 

oops